Amazing Apparel Benefit?

Well, unobtanium is expensive, so the price is not necessarily a surprise. Plus, the price is probably based on perceived value, not cost. (Some of us would pay almost any price for five more straight yards.) What is surprising to me is that this hypothetical device addresses three very different body systems - muscles/skeleton, circulatory, and breathing. FDA approvals for this sort of thing are difficult to get. For example, I just read today how the FDA has gone after a doctor (who sells supplements) for posting the published observations that a majority of COVID patients have a Vitamin D deficiency. So if this device were to have FDA approval for those claims, that approval would carry enormous credibility.

Just curious, how hypothetical is this on a 1 to 10 scale, where 1 is a brainstorm and 10 is a working prototype?

neck and back pain gone?
Where do I sign?

that's exactly where I am. I'm tired of using a heating pat, massager, and pumping pills almost daily. So my interest level, yeah it's there.

Hell, yeah, I'd give it a go.

I would definitely be in on such a product!!!

I would be in IF the claims to resolve neck and back pain were real. If it was just a claim, or only helped a little, to get you to pay that price, probably not.

Price may be a challenge. Under $100 I'd be in.

Let's say there was a shirt or pants that were almost a secret in the world of sports, but was something that aligned your body to give you better posture. On top of that, helped reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve circulation and could even help for those that struggle with breathing like asthma.

What if that shirt or pants costs $150 though? Yet it was FDA registered, not made up data or anything.

Could you get behind it? Genuinely curious.

You had my at asthma. Yes, if it was FDA registered, I would buy it and try it. I've always wondered what it must be like to be able to get a full, deep breath of air in my lungs. If it helps with that alone, I'm in.

I would be in IF the claims to resolve neck and back were real. If it was just a claim, or only helped a little, to get you to pay that price, probably not.

I dont know how one would quantify that without trial as everybody experiences discomfort differently.
Maybe reviews? Genuinely not sure.

Let's say there was a shirt or pants that were almost a secret in the world of sports, but was something that aligned your body to give you better posture. On top of that, helped reduce neck, back and shoulder pain, improve circulation and could even help for those that struggle with breathing like asthma.

What if that shirt or pants costs $150 though? Yet it was FDA registered, not made up data or anything.

I dont know how one would quantify that without trial as everybody experiences discomfort differently.
I agree. There would have to be some sort of trusted reviews. I would imagine a lot may be willing try it the first time, and if the relief wasn't real, then the bad reviews, and eventually the claims and business crash.

What is surprising to me is that this hypothetical device addresses three very different body systems - muscles/skeleton, circulatory, and breathing.
2 of those 3 I can believe without any great leaps.

As someone who would benefit from this price is not an issue. I find I am more then willing to spend on my health as I age. Talking like an old man that I am not yet. Lol

I'd be in. But I don't see how you could have all.of those benefits and still more freely. Interesting for sure

I'm no expert on a lot of things, but I do read a fair amount, which is why IMO FDA approval is so important for these claims. Medical device makers cannot make claims for uses that have not been approved by the FDA. There are ways around those restrictions, to be sure (like Vitamin C and the common cold.) I believe these things have to go through large, designed, extensive trials and yield measurable benefits to get approval.

I could easily get behind a product like that. I've been a big fan of the tights and shirts from Opedix for many years, and I'm sure there are other brands out there like them. They really do increase my performance/reduce fatigue and help me recover after skiing or cycling.

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.57.15 PM.png

Kind of crazy to think a shirt can improve posture without being stiff or bulky

If it truly provided a benefit that I needed, yes.

If it wasn't something bulky and say could be worn as an undershirt, under my polo/button up, hell yeah I would!

My chiro gave me a posture brace a while back and its such a hassle to put on, so it just sits in the closet

At this point I don't think I would. That price is a little steep for my tastes. That being said, if I had issues that this would dramatically improve then I would consider a 1 or 2. Hopefully they would be on budget golf to take advantage of the THP discount!;)

Read about it earlier. I'd like to try one, but I don't think I'd fork over $150.

Covered by HSA?

I'd be in for one. Size medium. For my wife. She's got back issues and if this would help her have a more normal life and ease some of her pain sure!

I would absolutely look into it if it promoted good breathing and posture. My back is becoming weaker and weaker and I have a family history of bad backs.

If it looked decent, was comfortable to wear and actually worked, I'd buy it. But I'm a skeptic, so it would take a little convincing.

Back