Amazing video from the F1 race

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Don't understand why they still cheap out on barriers. I get it was an unlikely area for a crash, but this is pretty horrific.

Recording it to watch in a bit but holy hell.

Wow that was pretty rough.

Fortunately the safety cocoon did it's job protecting the driver. It shows how safe the cars have become that it has been years since we have since a car sliced in half like this one.

Still, as much as they engineer and build, this morning's incident proves that you can't possibly anticipate every single variable.

Don't understand why they still cheap out on barriers. I get it was an unlikely area for a crash, but this is pretty horrific.
I think I agree, but I imagine a concrete barrier in the same place would have been a worse outcome.

I think I agree, but I imagine a concrete barrier in the same place would have been a worse outcome.
In brake areas and turns they'll usually put tires and other things to lessen the blow, but again this was a pretty crazy crash

Wow glad all are ok.

Grosjean would have been dead had that happened a few year back. As much as I hate the look, he says the halo saved his life. I read the crash pulled 52g at impact. He’s a very lucky driver. A real testament to the safety measures that are in F1 the fact the driver could walk away pretty much unharmed.

Grosjean would have been dead had that happened a few year back. As much as I hate the look, he says the halo saved his life. I read the crash pulled 52g at impact. He’s a very lucky driver. A real testament to the safety measures that are in F1 the fact the driver could walk away pretty much unharmed.

💯

Emergency Crew and the safety gear definitely were the heroes in this one

Can’t believe he walked away

it blows my mind that he had the mental capacity to move (conscious) let alone jump out of a burning wreck like that.

You hate to see that kind of thing, but holy hell does it validate the safety measures in place and advancements in recent years.

I saw an interview with the medical guy that was the one helping him over the barrier - he said that if it had been any lap other than the first lap he may not have been as lucky as they wouldn't have been as close to the incident

Because the medical car follows the field for the first lap, he said they were in the right place at the right time and he was able to direct the marshall with the extinguisher and then give Grosjean some immediate treatment to the burns from the gear they carry in the car

Glad he was OK....he was very lucky

Terrible accident.

Reminds me of the 1990s with backup cars and when every race had wrecks at the start.

I watched it last night. It was a crazy crash. That was on a straight where that type of crash was very unlikely. One thing I didn't realize was that on the opening lap they have a medical car trailing the field as well. The car certainly did it's job protecting the driver and apparently their is a very small amount of fuel that might burn in a crash unless the main fuel cell gets punctured which apparently is very durable.

I watched it last night. It was a crazy crash. That was on a straight where that type of crash was very unlikely.

You haven’t taken in to account that Grosjean is a crap driver! He went to the Pastor Maldonado school of driving!!Grosjean is capable of crashing anywhere. If he slammed it into the wall whilst driving through the pits, it wouldn’t surprise me LOL.

You haven’t taken in to account that Grosjean is a crap driver! He went to the Pastor Maldonado school of driving!!Grosjean is capable of crashing anywhere. If he slammed it into the wall whilst driving through the pits, it wouldn’t surprise me LOL.

I didn't want to really comment on his driving he does seem to have a few incidents. I am not sure why but he definitely crossed in front of someone (I forget who) and got clipped which sent him into the wall.

Uhhh I believe he's done that. Silverstone 2019.

Hes definitely accident prone and his best days are behind him. Even yesterday was ultimately his fault.
That said, if every mistake I made at work was on International TV I'd probably look like a dumb dumb too.

Just glad he's ok. His guardian angel was working overtime.

Fortunately the safety cocoon did it's job protecting the driver. It shows how safe the cars have become that it has been years since we have since a car sliced in half like this one.

Still, as much as they engineer and build, this morning's incident proves that you can't possibly anticipate every single variable.
I think the safety of the car speaks volumes for him to be able to walk away with minor injuries.

I didn't want to really comment on his driving he does seem to have a few incidents. I am not sure why but he definitely crossed in front of someone (I forget who) and got clipped which sent him into the wall.
Kvyat. It was a crazy manouver by Grosjean, but it’s not really surprising anymore.

Kvyat. It was a crazy manouver by Grosjean, but it’s not really surprising anymore.
And then Kvyat was also involved in the incident after the restart that flipped the car (? Stroll) in the corner

Back