Amazon Alexa Devices

RealPretendPsychic

Ask me about the Callaway Apex CB’s!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have any and would you recommend the devices?

I’m interested in the Echo Show right now for the kitchen countertop.

Currently I have a couple Echo Dots and the original Echo. I love them! I get my weather updates and sports updates from these devices and play most of my music from them. They’re integrated with a few smart plugs that I have and my tv, cable box, and soundbar. They are also synced up with my garage door, alarm system, and smart deadbolt.

We have Alexa, don’t utilize it anywhere near enough. It’s used mostly just to play tunes. My mate has his hooked up to his espresso machine, so when he’s on the way home, he has a nice coffee waiting for him. I’m pretty sure Jeff Bazos is constantly spying on you and listening to every word you say, but I don’t care if it makes my life more convenient.

We used to love it when we had playstation Vue, as alexa could turn the channel via voice command. Unfortunately it doesn't jive with youtubeTV yet, but I'm hopeful. Other than that, it has been a nice noise machine/music player for our 20 month old daughter. It is also nice to have a "routine" set up where we can switch on and off strategic lights and plugs on command or via schedule.

We have an Alexa Tap. We use it mostly for music and forecast stuff. It's woefully underutilized but we really enjoy it.

I have Alexa on my Kindle. Have to say I never use it though.

We have an Echo and an Echo Spot. Using a third party website, I was able to get our nursery camera to display on the Spot. Very convenient.

We have 3 Echo Dots and generally use them just for playing music in different rooms. My daughter has a few and she has the light switches and other gadgets you can use with them. She loves it, but I'm just not concerned about stuff like that.

Like a lot of technology, I think there's sort of a generational aspect to it.

I have 1 standard alexa, it controls the lights in the living room and thats about it

Yes.
No.

They are spying on me.

We have them everywhere. We use them as timers and constantly for weather. Also to run our iRobot vacuum.

In the kids room we use it to play music before bedtime. My daughter loves it.

My favorite on is the Echo Show in the living room to give news briefings and weather info for the week.

Don't invite the corporate overlords into your domicile like this. Total invasion of privacy. Not a chance. They know way more about us than they ever needed to already, all under the guise of entertainment and convenience. Ever read the TOS legalese on electronics stuff? :eek: You're usually exposed to whatever the laws are overseas.

I have an Echo and maybe use it once a month. While working from home I was getting frustrated because I couldn't keep track of my calculator. Then I realized I could ask Alexa. I think it's good technology, I just forget to use it most of the time.

We purchased the Echo Studio. Excellent sound. We got it to replace the XM radio Boom box in our gym. Its mounted up high and out of anyone's reach, and voice control is disabled. I control what's pmaying6, and the volume from the Alexa app on my phone.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Don't invite the corporate overlords into your domicile like this. Total invasion of privacy. Not a chance. They know way more about us than they ever needed to already, all under the guise of entertainment and convenience. Ever read the TOS legalese on electronics stuff? :eek: You're usually exposed to whatever the laws are overseas.
Same. What he said.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Have an echo dot and a show that came with our ring setup. The ring is cool for recipes and music in the kitchen. The dot is upstairs in the guestroom, not used much. When my FIL comes by he just asks it for stupid jokes

We have a google home mini also and kind of prefer that

I have two Alexa devices and a dot upstairs.

I really like them. Mostly used for playing music, but I do have my front door lock setup, so I can easily check to make sure everything is locked up or simply say lock doors and the machine locks everything.

We will use Alexa for a bunch of tedious things. Timer for food, fact of the day, look up something if we have a question, weather. I have it setup to operate as a remote control, but only used once when no one could find the remote for a bit.

I do swear it is listening to every word you say. Talk about buying something or traveling, and I kid you not it seems that is right on my phone in an advertisement.

The only voice activated device in my home is the remote controller for my Amazon Firestick. For now, it will stay that way.
Now where did I put my tinfoil hat?

Just picked up an Echo Show 5 half off on an early Prime Day sale. It’s a fun little device. The speaker is good and it looks good on the counter.
51F16EBD-2354-40A6-A73D-7C228A0E98FF.jpeg

Big brother in my house any more than already? Are you KIDDING me? Not a chance.

We have a Dot (I think). I don’t use it but my wife and kids do. Lots of reminders and music and such. The light in the understairs closet is controlled by Alexa and I hate having to ask Skynet to turn on/off a dumb light. :LOL:

I have a Dot in the kitchen for random music while cooking. Don’t use it that much but that green ring showing that it is listening scares the sh!t out of me. Might unplug.

I’m uncomfortable speaking out loud to my devices. I’m an Apple fan boy, but I don’t even like talking to Siri except in my car.

I use my Echo and Echo Dot to turn on lights and the TV, for weather forecasts and as a bluetooth speaker. My wife plays Jeopardy in the morning on the Dot.

Just picked up an Echo Show 5 half off on an early Prime Day sale. It’s a fun little device. The speaker is good and it looks good on the counter.
View attachment 8967856
It’s just like buying a TV and then deciding you want a bigger screen... this Echo Show 5 is replacing our Echo Dot in the bedroom and getting an upgrade to the Echo Show 8 :LOL: the speaker is surprisingly loud for its size.

Back