Amazon and PGA Tour

You join PGA Tour Live and access via the Amazon Prime video app, you get extra hole coverage. $9.99 per month.
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 8.22.58 PM.png

So, what does this new partnership mean for fans?

AWS will power Every Shot Live, an app that will provide viewers live access to every shot from every player in a tournament. Using the upcoming Players Championship at TPC Sawgrass as an example, fans will be able to see more than 32,000 shots and follow players in real time.

Fans will also be able to control their viewing experience with AWS’ TOURCast, a new, innovative leaderboard that will provide new camera angles, course navigation, speed rounds and on-demand stats.

AWS will also assist the First Tee in developing an online community for its teachers and youth leaders in order to grow the program.

The Tour will also move “nearly 100 years of media content to AWS – including video, audio, and images dating back to the 1928 Los Angeles Open” into a data lake, where live footage from future tournaments will also be streamed.

“The partnership and experience we create with the Tour will be unique,” said AWS CEO Andy Jassy. “Unlike other sports, there’s more than one ball in play on a golf course, which makes it harder for fans to follow how every player is performing. Our collaboration with the Tour will change the way that fans will be able to connect with the sport by giving them real-time access to virtually every moment on the course and letting them determine how they experience the game.”

Is this taking the place of PGATL? Co-existing but separate? The PGATL through Amazon Prime has been there a while. The Thursday - Sunday coverage doesn't seem any different than what I already have with my sub.
I think it means the PGA tour gets a discount on their cloud server service for partnering with Amazon to get people to buy and use the PGA Tour live subscription through Amazon instead of accessing via a standalone app or other means.

Seems like more incentive to use Amazon.

I think it means the PGA tour gets a discount on their cloud server service for partnering with Amazon to get people to buy and use the PGA Tour live subscription through Amazon instead of accessing via a standalone app or other means.

Seems like more incentive to use Amazon.
Yeah, I am hoping they see the same incentive theory with the NFL ticket and making that part of prime.

I was pretty excited about this, but it sounds like the pairing doesn't really change anything for me.

Which is oh well whatever.
Agreed need more Thursday and Friday golf moreso than weekend coverage...but oh well maybe some morning golf.

Agreed need more Thursday and Friday golf moreso than weekend coverage...but oh well maybe some morning golf.
I'm tuned in every week and grateful the price is only what it is for PGA Tour Live.

I get that not everyone loves it, but for me it's great especially in the early rounds. Moving forward I am going to grab a second antenna for the house so I can actually watch the Sunday coverage on local and that solves basically any problem (minus the sketchy commentary but whatever haha)

I'm tuned in every week and grateful the price is only what it is for PGA Tour Live.

I get that not everyone loves it, but for me it's great especially in the early rounds. Moving forward I am going to grab a second antenna for the house so I can actually watch the Sunday coverage on local and that solves basically any problem (minus the sketchy commentary but whatever haha)
Deciding whether it's worth it ... I don't get to watch a lot of golf live outside of Thurs and Friday when it's on in the office.

I am getting pretty sick of being extorted for everything..

I think cost subsidized pricing would have been huge!

This sounds great, although it’s already seeming like the fine print shows it isn’t all that it seems.
That's what it's looking like. Actually something of a relief to me, as we'd cancelled Prime and I'd prefer to leave it cancelled.

I am getting pretty sick of being extorted for everything..
Our solution to that is we simply do without.

I wanted to be able to watch PGA tournaments on Thursday and Friday like I can on broadcast TV on Saturday and Sunday, except the entire tournaments. Turns out the only way to do that is as part of an expensive package deal that includes a bunch of stuff we neither want nor need.

So I simply won't watch--except what I can see on Saturday and Sunday afternoons *shrug* Not the end of the world :)

That's what it's looking like. Actually something of a relief to me, as we'd cancelled Prime and I'd prefer to leave it cancelled.

Our solution to that is we simply do without.

I wanted to be able to watch PGA tournaments on Thursday and Friday like I can on broadcast TV on Saturday and Sunday, except the entire tournaments. Turns out the only way to do that is as part of an expensive package deal that includes a bunch of stuff we neither want nor need.

So I simply won't watch--except what I can see on Saturday and Sunday afternoons *shrug* Not the end of the world :)
Very true.. I have a live account. I tend to watch that more than the weekends as the weekends are usually busy. it would be cool if like the prime account states that you can re watch old stuff etc..

This is cool. My wife has prime so I get Saturday and Sunday coverage. Hopefully it'll be better than standard tv broadcast.

I was pretty excited about this, but it sounds like the pairing doesn't really change anything for me.

Which is oh well whatever.
Ditto . Was hoping for the best, thought it would be nice to at least watch some Friday golf, on my office days, but nope!

Ditto . Was hoping for the best, thought it would be nice to at least watch some Friday golf, on my office days, but nope!
I still subscribe to PGA Tour Live and absolutely feel good about it (and don't even have cable haha).

It's a great service for me personally - but I can fully understand why many would be underwhelmed by it. I'm lucky enough that I work remote and can have it on in the background during Thursday and Friday.

Amazon doesnt just randomly jump into things without thinking its time to expand.........great news hopefully

Makes my Prime membership even more valuable!

I've got prime and watch the Sat Sun featured holes when my kids let me. It's not worth the extra $120 a year for me when I can get usually get a replay on youtube if I missed anything for free.

I love everything about this

I had so much hope for this.... then went to have it on while doing some work....

1. its featured holes
2. it doesn't start until normal coverage....

In my mind this is a swing and a miss!

- Give me PGA Live bonus coverage, featured groups, live featured holes on TH/FRI or give me featured holes all day long on SAT/SUN.
1615047462688.png

Might be adding the PGA Live subscription annually.

Doesn't sound like a whole lot of benefit to Prime members unless they also have the PGA Tour Live subscription.

Y'know what I wish? I wish I could just subscribe to the Golf Channel as a separate streaming service, independently of Amazon or whomever, for what I feel to be a reasonable fee. I just want to be able to watch the tournaments for each day they run, from start to finish. $10/mo. would be stretching it. At $5/mo. I'd be in like Flynn. At $7/mo. or so I'd balk, but I'd probably do it.

Prime members have always had featured holes Saturday and Sunday. I’ve watched them before on the weekends when the kids were napping. This is just advertising something they have been doing for at least a couple years.

Back