American Dunes & Folds of Honor

Lions81

Reaction score
Handicap
Was just doing some reading about this new course that will be opening in the spring here in Michigan, a Nicklaus Design in collaboration with Lt Colonel Rooney and Folds of Honor. Sounds pretty cool.

From their website, "Proudly 100% of American Dunes’ annual profit will be given to The Folds of Honor Foundation to assist in their noble mission — providing educational scholarships to spouses and children of America’s fallen and disabled service members. To date, Folds of Honor has awarded over $125,000,000 in scholarships to our military families. Our commitment is to Honor Their Sacrifice and Educate Their Legacy."

Been getting a lot of info on this one as of late and it should be a wonderful facility with a great tie to Folds of Honor.

Despite my growing disdain for all things involving Nicklaus and golf recently, I look forward to playing it when it opens.

Been getting a lot of info on this one as of late and it should be a wonderful facility with a great tie to Folds of Honor.

Despite my growing disdain for all things involving Nicklaus and golf recently, I look forward to playing it when it opens.

I'm definitely in disagreement with him about some areas of the game, but this seems like a nice project and cause he's involved in, and it appears he waived his design fee according to that article above.

Absolutely adore Folds of Honor and this is a very special design. 2021, I’m playing it.

I'm definitely in disagreement with him about some areas of the game, but this seems like a nice project and cause he's involved in, and it appears he waived his design fee according to that article above.
Yeah I love the cause

Absolutely adore Folds of Honor and this is a very special design. 2021, I’m playing it.

Some great golf along our west coast. Play this one and head up to Arcadia about 90 minutes up the coast.

I better get a phone call...or a text...or a pm :D

Just seeing this now. I love Folds of Honor. There are a few things in my brief time serving my country that have truly humbled me. While I may never have the chance to play the course, this one will be at the top of my bucket list.

Yeah I love the cause

Same here. Remember when our vets were spat upon by leftists upon their return to the country? And look at what's happening now. I love this project. Probably won't be able to afford playing there, but I love the intention.

Same here. Remember when our vets were spat upon by leftists upon their return to the country? And look at what's happening now. I love this project. Probably won't be able to afford playing there, but I love the intention.
Let’s try to keep politics off of the forum please. It’s one of our only rules here and we try to stay true to it

Looks like a fantastic experience that benefits an ever better cause.

If work travel is back on next year I will be playing it.

Some great golf along our west coast. Play this one and head up to Arcadia about 90 minutes up the coast.

This one only slated to have one course? I can't pass up the Bluffs course.

I also liked Bay Harbor, though some people have mixed opinions.

IMG_1582.jpegIMG_1583.jpegIMG_1584.jpegIMG_1585.jpegIMG_1581.jpegIMG_1580.jpegIMG_1579.jpegIMG_1578.jpeg

Playing there next month. BIL lives about 15 minutes away from the course and has heard nothing but great things

Back