An Ambitious Restoration Job

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
I picked this putter up for a song a few months ago, and threw it in a drawer. Kinda forgot about it. Well, tonight, I had a couple of beers and decided to see what I could do with it.

The studio select Newport 2 is one of my favorites, so I really wanted this one to be as nice as possible.

It was in junk bin shape when I received it. The head itself wasn't really going to pose an issue, but there were nicks and dents inside the cavity and along the flange (how the hell do you even do that???) So I figured I would do the best I can.

Here's the progress so far:

Here's how I received it:
121465260_10219231920368214_4053027818895091248_n.jpg121577681_10219231920288212_7102395219546917958_n.jpg

your work is incredible

Well done..

I really like the Studio Select Newport 2 shape as well... I mean, not that I have any bias whatsoever...

Great progress! The custom weights are a nice touch!

Man you are bringing that one back from the dead! Looking good!

How many hours of work so far? Looks so nice.

Was able to get most of the damage out of the cavity and flange, and cleaned up the shoulders, and rounded out the bumpers a bit. I'm going to add a new finish to this head, so it doesn't need to be perfectly polish-able, but so far it's looking pretty good

... as the "Cameron" wording in the cavity reflects perfectly off the flange... :love:

Such great work you do...well done! Looking forward to the progress!

Amazing work! Can’t wait to see the final result.

Can’t wait to see the final product. You did superlative work for us on those 2 old Cobra putters.

Serious skills to refurbish like that (y)

Last edited:
Looking good Peter!

"La Grande Artiste" at his best as usual. Great job, SB!!! (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Back