An Ambitious Restoration Job

So shiny. Onto a soapy bath, and then heading to the paint lab. By paint lab I mean the table in my guest room where I paint stuff.

View attachment 8975524
You know I like a black putter, but this one definitely didn't wear it as well as your others. Maybe it was the work you had to do to refurbish the previous damage to it, but it looks much cleaner now.

Damn that looks pretty as ever!!!

I really like the paint fill! I think stripping it was the right call... it’s already looking super clean.

And you have a Scotty dog stamp?!

Looking really really good!

I agree, that black finish looked off.
Loving the way this is turning out though!

That looks good. That looks really, really good :love:

Very cool thread -- thank you, OP. Looking forward to more updates.

Wow @Space Bandito. What a great job. I assume you are in the golf club customization/restoration business, but in the event you are not- you should consider it. Your work is excellent.

That looks awesome

Great work Peter!!

Its a thing. I don't know. It's a bit of an homage to a few putters I've seen over the years where Scotty did that, and I thought it was funny
I think the pooping Scotty Dog is the highlight of the whole putter! :LOL:

That's awesome. Do you just drop both paints in at the same time? Then tooth pick it to mix a bit, or some other secrete?
I laid down the orange first with a 30 gauge needle and shaped it a little bit, then, while it's still wet I filled in the voids with the yellow. They're two different types of paint (the orange is acrylic, and the yellow is a harder lacquer,) so they don't mix all that much.

Looks incredible

That looks awesome @Space Bandito! Agree that stripping the black finish was the right call.

Back