An idea for Golfers in Ohio/Mich

if i may make a suggestion... there are 2 very amazing golf courses in ft wayne indiana, both are called the country club alternatives and are great places to host an even with lots of food in the surrounding area along with lodging
makes a more neutral site near michigan and towards norther mich that is rather central ballanced for all

Which two are you referring to? I live in Fort Wayne so I am just curious as to what ones you were thinking of since there are quite a few really good golf courses in the area.

We make a yearly trip to Michigan anyways so I was hoping we could get se people to meet us there. Unless we could get a team from Indiana to play us and we could pick a course in between Ohio and Indiana. Sort of a more neutral site

Tapa Slice

Which two are you referring to? I live in Fort Wayne so I am just curious as to what ones you were thinking of since there are quite a few really good golf courses in the area.

cherry hill and autumn ridge, best courses ive ever been on in my life

cherry hill and autumn ridge, best courses ive ever been on in my life

Thats what I thought. Haha. Those are two really nice courses. there are some other great ones too that you may want to try, if you havent already. A few come to mind: Chestnut Hills Golf Club, Brookwood Golf Club, Noble Hawk, and Glendarin Hills Golf Club is really nice, its up in Angola just about a 30 min drive or so from Fort Wayne.

ya im def up for those others also
any farther and ill prb b able to play but not help organize

ya im def up for those others also
any farther and ill prb b able to play but not help organize

I can take care of all the organizing. As long as we can get an 8v8 ill do the rest and it will be epic

Tapa Slice

with the ohio guys i spent time with this weekend at teh ohio van stop i can get together most of an ohio team as long as we get a good location
cant confirm the michigan guys

Well worst comes to worst we have two teams from Ohio play. Call it the Ohio Cup or something

Tapa Slice

My friend just got a reply on rates for TreeTops for spring '13. It's gonna be $128/night per person. That includes room, unlimited golf and breakfast each day. Everywhere else is asking $250+ a day and many aren't unlimited golf

Tapa Slice

post the link so we can get a look at this place

im all for this ... i really wanna c if we can make this more then just an outing... ik it wont bc the mc or anything but lets c how big an event we can make this

Go to treetops.com and check it out. There are five beautiful courses there. Including "ThreeTops" which was home to espn's par three shoot out for years.

Tapa Slice

im all for this ... i really wanna c if we can make this more then just an outing... ik it wont bc the mc or anything but lets c how big an event we can make this

I don't think anything will ever be like the MC lol but we can try our hardest to try. I can take care of all the planning and organizing of the event. Just might need ideas for an event name and team names and all that

Tapa Slice

call it the michigan ohio summer showdown ... how many courses are up for the stay and play rate

All five courses are gonna be played. When we went last year, we played the signature course twice, once Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. ThreeTops was a blast too

Tapa Slice

ok guys we have 1 full team and now im looking for a few ohio michigan indiana ppl to fill the last

to all interested, TreeTops Resort is the site and check in will be Friday, May 10 2013. this is gonna be a blast. and thanks toughestsoldier for being on board with this and helping me put this together

Wow, so close to the outing too... You guys will be rocking the THP get togetherness in May

to all interested, TreeTops Resort is the site and check in will be Friday, May 10 2013. this is gonna be a blast. and thanks toughestsoldier for being on board with this and helping me put this together

That's a week before the outing, might be tough to round up a ton of guys from here

lol unless the ultimate weekend is in like cbus or somethign id rather try to keep it more local

lol unless the ultimate weekend is in like cbus or somethign id rather try to keep it more local
I'm going out on a limb here.... But ultimate and Columbus should not be used in the same sentence when referring to GOLF... IMO

I'm going out on a limb here.... But ultimate and Columbus should not be used in the same sentence when referring to GOLF... IMO

Right. Because the greatest golfer ever isn't from Columbus or anything

Tapa Slice

idk what ur talking about cbus was a great place for golf ... better if u stay away from the municipal courses

im not trying to drag ppl from ur events ... the thp events are awesome and well organized and all but ik im not going but ik not everyone can or did get into the mc and this is my opportunity for the summer to get play a competitive thing like this

Weak? How so?

Tapa Slice

Michigan was a no show in Ohio for the tour van stop, then a planned outing before the THP outing and demo day. That's how so.

Back