fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
Based only on Fairways Hit, Greens in Regulation and Putts per Hole, tell me if you see anything specific about my game you would focus my improvement on.

Here is what I see, when one area of my game takes a dump, the other 2 kick in. It's almost like it's impossible to hit the trifecta.

7S3U3Nq.png

I don't think you hit it far enough off the tee. :alien:

I'd have to see your total distance of putts made. Having played with you a few times, I know you can basically make par from almost anywhere. When you're missing greens you scramble well, and your lag putting is great. Looking at the stats and not seeing how the courses actually play, I can really only speculate, but longer putts and long irons. Being able to get on the green when you dial back distance off the tee would let you hit driver less often, and hitting driver less often would put the ball in the fairway more often when your draw is getting away from you.

Putting is holding you back.

On your higher scores, it does seem that you have more putts than average. Its like you had a good day with the putter but not a day were you made everything. At least your game seems to compensate for whatever area is lacking that particular day. Id kill for some of your consistency.

Putts per hole is a fairly awful stat, you need to use strokes gained to get a true idea.

How do you calculate strokes gained putting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

game golf and arrcos do for you. That or just write down the distance of your first putt and the number of putts it took and just use a spreadsheet to covert that.

I think if you could find the fairway consistently in the 60-70% you could then increase your GIR. Your putts/hole may stay the same or may go up a little depending on proximity to the hole.

we can all use putting and short game work to keep that part steady.

game golf and arrcos do for you. That or just write down the distance of your first putt and the number of putts it took and just use a spreadsheet to covert that.

I agree with this, your putts per GIR is a tough stat and strokes gained would be better.

But if I'm just using the info available i would say you need to focus on your approach/iron/wedge game because you hit plenty if greens just not close enough to convert the putts.

You can say you need to work on putting but if you're consistently on the green but in the 20-30 ft range even the best putters aren't one putting from there consistently

Here is what I see, when one area of my game takes a dump, the other 2 kick in. It's almost like it's impossible to hit the trifecta

I think even pros struggle with hitting the trifecta, relative to their standards.
Otherwise they would all have their A games all the time.

I see someone who's a playa...I'd kill for those numbers! But if you are looking for an area to improve, I think this likely nails it
I would say you need to focus on your approach/iron/wedge game because you hit plenty if greens just not close enough to convert the putts.

You can say you need to work on putting but if you're consistently on the green but in the 20-30 ft range even the best putters aren't one putting from there consistently
Think about the numbers in Pelz book - the threshold for PROS making over/under 50% of putts is 6 feet. At 10 feet they make something like 20%. We either need to hit it closer or get really good at lag putting.

where do you think your scores should be? to me, it looks like your best scores come from hitting 2/3 greens. do that more consistently and you should be no worse than 76 based on what I can tell. trying to go from there to scratch I think is about proximity to the hole and making more putts. but I think mission #1 is hitting more greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@ the OP, if I were you I'd be totally disgusted with your game and I would gladly give it to InTheRough as a present.

Not enough information. Fw% can be deceiving due to how far left or right the miss is.

But, as a 3, your GIR should be higher. But, that might be due to your teeball. I'd bet money that from 30 yards in you pitches and chipping is better than most.

Your putts per GIR is acceptable.

These are pretty good scores. I'd be delirious with joy to have a game half as good as yours.

To improve, you'll need to hit GIR's that are within birdie range. That's going to get you to sub-par rounds.

How do I know? I played a lot of Tiger Woods PGA Tour on the PC back in the day. :)

Back