Anchored putting ban results so far ..and in the future

ohio_striker

striped it
Reaction score
Handicap
so from what ive seen so far the anchored putter ban hasn't really effected adam scott but keegan bradley seems to be struggling. what other guys have been better or worse this year i cant think of anymore?

what do you think the long term effects will be for guys that used to anchor? better or worse going forward?

Tim Clark from South Africa, much worse! I think it will affect them big time until they get used to the shorter putter, but I could be wrong!

I was always wondering how'd Langer would do lol he seemed like he was glued to his broom. Id be curious to see his stats if anything has changed but I realized he just changed the stroke, not putter.

I would be far more interested in the results from the Senior tour as I genuinely believe some of the older golfers were using anchored because of their backs.

I was always wondering how'd Langer would do lol he seemed like he was glued to his broom. Id be curious to see his stats if anything has changed but I realized he just changed the stroke, not putter.

Last time I looked, Langer was #1 on the money list this year.

A quick search of strokes gained putting rank from last year to this year. Wow Adam scott doing waay better now

Carl Petterson 31st to 70th

Martin laird 80th to 77th

Retief Goosen 99th to 45th

Keegan Bradley 127 to 209

Webb simpson 174th to 181

Tim Clark 142 to 210

Adam Scott 157 to 42nd

A quick search of strokes gained putting rank from last year to this year. Wow Adam scott doing waay better now

Woof. How much longer does his exemption run?

Carl Petterson 31st to 70th

Martin laird 80th to 77th

Retief Goosen 99th to 45th

Webb simpson 174th to 181

Tim Clark 142 to 210

Adam Scott 157 to 42nd

Looks like a slightly mixed bag, so far. Doesn't Clark have some health issues (maybe back), and that was also the reason he was using a long putter?

Woof. How much longer does his exemption run?

Not sure i heard he was maybe switching to a seemore for this week he is searching for sure.

Last edited:
I was curious as to how some would fair with the switch. I knew Adam Scott was doing well, obviously due to his wins, but it doesn't totally surprise me that others are not. Some have been anchoring for years and years and to switch and see a positive change could take some time. I'm sure it's a bit mental, too.

Wasn't Keegan struggling before he made the switch?

Langer's almost-anchoring stroke is pretty interesting and on TV at least looks very borderline.

Last time I looked, Langer was #1 on the money list this year.
Interesting. Ill be curious to see if his putting stats have changed at all tho.

I would be far more interested in the results from the Senior tour as I genuinely believe some of the older golfers were using anchored because of their backs.

Never even considered that, shame on me considering my age, good point!!

Interesting. Ill be curious to see if his putting stats have changed at all tho.

Langer has just changed his stroke enough to comply, which I love since the ruling was 40 years too late and IMO makes no sense. When I get older and my back starts to bother me I will switch back to the long putter and copy Langer's current style of just barely keep my forearm and top hand just off my chest. After all, as long as there is a fraction of and inch of separation between your arm/hand and your torso, it's legal.

Here's an article discussing all the scrutiny Langer's current putting style is attracting from golf TV viewers.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/the...langers-new-putting-stroke-has-people-talking

Langer has just changed his stroke enough to comply, which I love since the ruling was 40 years too late and IMO makes no sense. When I get older and my back starts to bother me I will switch back to the long putter and copy Langer's current style of just barely keep my forearm and top hand just off my chest. After all, as long as there is a fraction of and inch of separation between your arm/hand and your torso, it's legal.

Here's an article discussing all the scrutiny Langer's current putting style is attracting from golf TV viewers.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/the...langers-new-putting-stroke-has-people-talking
Yes sir im aware of how's he's putting haha once again I just want to see if the stats have changed at all, even if the difference in his setup is minimal.

Yes sir im aware of how's he's putting haha once again I just want to see if the stats have changed at all, even if the difference in his setup is minimal.

its still early we would probably need a whole year for an accurate reading.

Back