Angel Cabrera arrested....

I am going to bide my time on this, see what Chamblee says and go the other way.
That's my usual course of action with anything Chamblee says.

I would say he has a punchers chance of winning again….

The guy served a 30 month prison sentence for domestic violence fairly recently. That doesn’t make him guilty on these charges but it doesn’t speak well to his ability to stay clear of trouble
Ummm Yes it does! They don't just put you in prison without being convicted of a crime.
He was extradited There's a decent article in Golf digest this month almost finished with it.

As someone who works in a Gated community for permanent residents there are very few truly innocent men in State prison but after they get out they deserve a 2nd chance. They served their time. Hopefully they become productive members of society.

NOW, Whether the management at the Masters will allow him is another thing. 🤷‍♀️

I would say he has a punchers chance of winning again….
@Danimal Are you trying to be funny? Seriously maybe you want to rethink joking about Domestic Violence Sir!

Last edited:
Just add to the list of things I shake my head at the pga does
Is there a reason they should have made a different decision?
It's not that much different from the NFL who has had multiple ex cons in the league. I'm not talking about dog fighting. More like DUI Manslaughter.
Those guys all got a chance to play again. Even if it is unpalatable they did their time. I guess.

So the PGA Tour has lifted his suspension. Wonder if we will see him at Augusta-which is of course not run by the PGA Tour.

Will he get an offer from LIV? :unsure:

Is there a reason they should have made a different decision?
It's not that much different from the NFL who has had multiple ex cons in the league. I'm not talking about dog fighting. More like DUI Manslaughter.
Those guys all got a chance to play again. Even if it is unpalatable they did their time. I guess.
Perhaps yes. If one is going to use this ⤵️ in a legal argument as well as in the court of public opinion, ya probably shouldn’t turn around and reinstate a guy who abused some women.

“The PGA, in its legal filings originally opposing LIV Golf, made clear its executives understand the association with human rights abuses and that this harms the sport of golf”

Once again, it scream’s hypocrisy. Not saying Cabrera doesn’t deserve reinstatement, but it might be a bit soon.

Those who abuse women and children. Call me odd, but "time served" doesn't cut it with me when it comes to them. He's a piece of human excrement, in my mind. But I'm biased as I locked up many guys just like him. Everyone one of them as guilty as sin.

We are talking about a game of Golf, what about all the guys that get drunk and abuse their wives and people know but nobody says anything 😞

I'd be more concerned about his personal relationship's, it's tough to decide how long the punishment goes on..

They will give him a huge fine that will line the authorities pockets, and all will be forgotten..........

Does anyone find it interesting that his name is Angel.

At least they didn't lift those evil LIV guy's suspension.

Seriously what a missed opportunity for the PGAT to send a message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated and lead to a lifetime ban.

Back