Angry on the Course?

I got up super early to get the first tee time so as to avoid the current craziness. I was the first to tee off as a single and was flying around the course very quickly because 1. I was playing really well. and 2. I am solo.

I turn the corner going from 9 to 10 and I see a foursome of 70 somethings just tee'ing off and walking to 4 individual carts. I seriously was seeing red.

I drove up to them and asked what they were doing. To which they said "we are just playing 9". I said in that case get in line like everyone else. Its not fair to hold everyone else up.

course management, when i play a bad shot lets say off the tee box and i say to myself just play for a bogey now (more times than not you can still make par), when i get to my ball and try to do something cute and walk off the hole with a triple. ANGRY TIME! but i really try and let it go when i get to the next tee box because that string of crappy holes can continue if you dont.

No, I don't get angry on the course. The last time I got angry on a golf course was about 20 years. I smacked my bag which was on the ground with a wedge after hitting a poor shot. The three graphite shafted woods in my bag didn't like that. I shattered three shafts.

What was the last thing that left you flat out angry on the course?
On Saturday, I chili-dipped 2 pitches from 10 yds off the green on back-to-back holes
Went from birdie chances to double bogeys.
Was livid after the 2nd. I just needed to hit the ball first.....

Then the cart girl came & all was better :)

Don't ever get angry about my shots. Frustrated yes. I was close to angry last year when a group was really slow in front of us and holding up a ton of groups. We saw a marshal and told him about it, he said he would take care of it, then promptly drove off in the other direction. Group was never talked to or sped up.

The jackwad smoker that left his half smoked cigar on the edge of the 4th green the other day.
All smoking should be banned on golf courses !! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Idiots too ******* lazy to walk 40 yards getting their cart stuck in a self made rut in wet rough on CPO days

I try not to let the things I can control get me angry... frustrated, yes. But that’s part of the challenge.

I get annoyed at some people’s entitlement with not fixing divots.

Perfect mindset!

Slow group in front, two holes clear ahead and they walked with the pace of turtles in syrup, and even took a regular break after 9 holes instead of moving on to fill the gap... I kept my cool until they started filling in their scorecard on the green on 18th when the round already had taken half an hour to long for my liking. Then me and my two playing partners simultaneously shouted/whistled! Pretty funny as my friends are very cool and quiet usually(I am semi).

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I quit doing anger many, many years ago, at least what I call anger. I don't think anger really leads to much good at all especially if you dwell on it and I don't really like being around folks that get angry. My buddy has had a run of bad rounds lately and he has really gotten upset at times and it hasn't helped him one bit. He tossed his club yesterday and hasn't done that in a while and kind of aggravated me. Reminds me of a kid throwing a tantrum :ROFLMAO:

Pitching a ball up a hill, only to watch it roll back at me...three times in a row!!! It happened last Saturday, and on the third roll I angrily took a swipe at the ball. The divot went farther than the ball.

I'm not good enough to get angry. Now I do get frustrated & will beat myself up because I know how to hit the ball & sometimes seem to forget the fundamentals.
1590524669132.png

Attachments

• 1590524641051.png
    1590524641051.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 5
The jackwad smoker that left his half smoked cigar on the edge of the 4th green the other day.
All smoking should be banned on golf courses !! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
That and sunflower seed shells spit all over a green. Eat them on the course, fine. Just don't spit the empty shells onto the greens!

I get mad at myself all the time, so won't count that... I'd say when I was at our local course the one day they decided to experiment with charging for range balls with a paid round.

They quickly abandoned the idea the next day but they still have my money.

It has been a long time since I've been truly angry at a course. I think the last time I was really angry was getting hit into repeatedly on the course by the group behind us.. After the usual evil eye and conversation, the third time, I stomped their ball into the ground.

Slow 5-some (allowed @ my CC for some reason) refused to let me play through, then on #17 I watch one guy throw his putter and damage the green and not attempt repair. Yes, I let the proshop know and pointed them out.

Not much can get me angry out there. Sometimes my poor play frustrates me, but I’d rather be doing that than a ton of other things

^ This type of thing. I'm not quick to anger, but I was kind of miffed about a month ago when I drove an hour to a beautiful course to find out they burned all the native grass the couple days before. Scorched visual landscapes and soot getting on everything white (balls, gloves, GRIPS, clothes) wasn't what I had planned, and I felt like I should have been told when I booked.
I think the only time I got really angry was when I called a course to set tee times for a golf trip. We were playing the course 3 times with 12 guys. We have also played this course maybe 30 times over several different golf trips. So I call and they say we can't do 12 on the phone you have to do it through our online booking system. They only book individual 4somes on the phone. No biggie I go to the online booking system and start entering the first tee time. Well the booking system requires a name and a $10 deposit for each player. Also you can only book and pay for 1 slot at a time. I call the shop back and they apologize for the inconvenience but insist that is how it must be done and they say the $10 is deducted from the green fee. Well I book all 9 tee times separately and pay $40 for each one. The system doesn't even store the information so I have to enter every last detail into this system every single 4some. This took me an hour and a half. When I get to the club 2 weeks later to play our first round they charge everyone full price. I asked about the $10 booking fee and they said whoever told you that was wrong. I rarely get angry, but this pissed me off. I spent an hour and a half of time with their 💩 booking system and paid $360 to bring them a group of 12 people. If I only wanted to bring 4 they would have taken the reservation over the phone for free. The guy finally disappeared into the back and came back to let me know my rounds for the week would be free.

Idiots too ******* lazy to walk 40 yards getting their cart stuck in a self made rut in wet rough on CPO days
Had to help an old man on thursday get out of the mud. Had NO idea how he got his cart where it was (with the various barriers and what not he shouldn't have been able to even be near that spot!)

I played a course one time that had some water on a couple of fairways but wasn't cart path only. Most of the course was dry... except the left side of the fairway on 18... cart almost got stuck so it was keep going and pray, try not to turn and make ruts too badly and hope the cart slides to the right out of the puddle.

What was the last thing that left you flat out angry on the course?
Those who take up golf late in life in their retirement having never played the game before. Playing behind or with these people is a nightmare.

My last three putt. I hate three putting because more often than not it's me mentally checking out and not paying attention.

I’ve been angry at myself after a round because of something I did, like a bad decision or poor shot selection on the course or something that I knew better than to choose. But that’s probably the extent of me being “angry” involving golf. Angry at myself about something that was fully within my control. If it’s something outside of my control, like slow groups ahead or a putt hitting a bump or something like that that we’ve all experienced, I get frustrated for a few then let it go.

I don't really get mad, but like others not a big fab of paying full price for aerated greens.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back