Angry on the Course?

A fivesome of senior men that wouldn't waive me through. every hold was 20mins or more.

Pitching a ball up a hill, only to watch it roll back at me...three times in a row!!! It happened last Saturday, and on the third roll I angrily took a swipe at the ball. The divot went farther than the ball.
At the time I wasn't sure what I had just seen when you did that. I've never seen you remotely angry and that hole definitely got to you. Even so, you handled it better than I would have :D

Takes a heck of a lot for me to get angry. I do a lot of self deprecation of my own game which is just from my many shanks per round :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Snapping my 7i shaft on a low-hanging limb during my worst round of the year, all of which was capped off by me backing over my new SL1 bag. 😭

At the time I wasn't sure what I had just seen when you did that. I've never seen you remotely angry and that hole definitely got to you. Even so, you handled it better than I would have :D
I rarely get mad on the course, but after already hooking my drive into snakeland, the multi-pitch finally set me off.

:mad: It was a guy who took his cart and zoomed into our fairway to find his huge slice (FORE RIGHT!) while we were teeing off on the neighboring hole (after 1 of 4 in our group hit). He gave no regard for us but we thought it was an accident and he didn't see us so we yelled down expecting he would move to the rough and wait for his turn. He then flipped us off and took his sweet time with his range finder, hit his shot, and waited in his cart for a while just to be a jerk. He didn't think that through because our hole and his hole have greens side by side and I let him have it. This was at a small, private club and he was from another local private club that is even more "prestigious." I'm not sure I've ever been so mad because a simple "sorry about that, I didn't see you guys" would have made it go away and I would have completely understood because he wasn't on his home course.

The only thing that gets me angry is racism. I have dealt with a few incidents targeted at me and my playing partners. The closest I have come to violence on the golf course was because someone thought it was alright to use a slur after knowing me for 1 hole. I told him to watch himself and it wasn't cool. He then told me I was too sensitive and continued to use the slur. I ignored him for 3 holes then stood in his way as he was leaving the 5th tee and I got in his face and again asked him to stop using the slur. I had my hands behind my back so I wasn't being that aggressive. He then asked if I was going to have a drive by on him after the round. Luckily for me, and for him, a ranger drove by and I let him know what was going on. I told the ranger just to drive me back to the clubhouse. I got a rain check and the ranger and club pro talked and they were on their way out to kick the guy off the course. I didn't stick around to see what happened as I am not into that drama.

Not being notified of the greens being aerated when we drove over an hour to get there.
Similar - not being told that a water pump had failed on the course so the fairways were all dead (the greens were separately watered) until after I paid. :mad:

Angry, not since I was a youth, disgusted, my last shank ;)

The only thing that gets me angry is racism. I have dealt with a few incidents targeted at me and my playing partners. The closest I have come to violence on the golf course was because someone thought it was alright to use a slur after knowing me for 1 hole. I told him to watch himself and it wasn't cool. He then told me I was too sensitive and continued to use the slur. I ignored him for 3 holes then stood in his way as he was leaving the 5th tee and I got in his face and again asked him to stop using the slur. I had my hands behind my back so I wasn't being that aggressive. He then asked if I was going to have a drive by on him after the round. Luckily for me, and for him, a ranger drove by and I let him know what was going on. I told the ranger just to drive me back to the clubhouse. I got a rain check and the ranger and club pro talked and they were on their way out to kick the guy off the course. I didn't stick around to see what happened as I am not into that drama.

That's terrible. It's hard to imagine there are still people in the world this dense, but I know there are. Good for you taking the high road instead of totally losing your cool.

I also won't address 'frustration' as I know we all have that, although my sudden inability to consistently hit driver has had my hackles up recently. But angry I rarely do. Made an exception last weekend. Our local course has been very busy during the pandemic, so you just have to go in knowing it's going to be slow and deliberate. But my buddy and I were put behind a foursome that was just crazy slow. They didn't offer to let anyone play through all round - despite there being times where it wasn't just us waiting on the tee box, but two groups. I just took a deep breath and let it go, until we waited 20 minutes waiting for them to get off the tee box only to discover one of their guys had taken a phone call and that was why they were holding the entire course up.

My problem is, I only have two speeds. And if I go to 'the other' gear, it's going to be ugly. I don't want to be that guy.

When it started raining unexpectedly and I realized I wore my rain jacket home the last time out and left it in the house

As others have said, I hate when the course does not let you know if the green were aerated or not. Also in the early spring or if it has been rainy the course not letting you know if carts are allowed or not.

Losing personal property on the course. The winner that caused a total meltdown was losing my cell phone and my hearing aid in the same round. I didn't know about the "Find My Phone" app... fortunately I had the phone insured. no luck on the hearing aid.

A slice or a repeated fat shots will usually do it but I’m trying to get better about that.

I was pissed a couple weeks ago when the starter let a group go in front of us when I was pretty sure they were schedule to go after us. We weren’t late and he said some BS about having to squeeze someone in.... uhhhh 13 minute tee times, no walk ons... I asked him how it was possible and he lied trying to display his “power” and the foursome proceeded to all hit two off of #1!! I didn’t let it drop though and got it straightened out at the next hole.

I was playing with two of my buddies who just started getting in to golf and he sliced it over the trees on a par 3 and into some trees near the #15 tee box where a 3 some was about to hit. I wasn't paying attention and he didn't yell "fore"," however where the ball landed was nowhere near where they were standing. I'm driving the cart down the path towards the green and one of the dude's starts yelling. I stopped my cart because he was being obnoxious and we exchanged a few words -- I assume he was trying to look tough in front of his buddies and didn't expect me to exchange words with him. He kept acting like he was going to try to fight be from 30 yards away so I said "let's go" and drove toward them then got in their carts and drove off. We finish our round and drive to the parking lot to put our bags in our cars where 2 of the 3 guys tried cornering my buddy at his car when he was by himself. So I drove over there and stepped in between them where they continued to run their mouths. But obviously they weren't gonna do anything so we told them to F off and they left all bent out of shape.

A friend of a friend who golfed with us. Excruciatingly slow player who wouldn't shut his mouth for even a second the entire round. Even talked during his own swing sometimes.

Now that's just impressive.

Yes this! I hate when a course doesn't tell you this!

I’ve had one not even tell me in the pro shop...only found out once I got to the first green.

This was years ago and I was livid!!!

Playing as a single yesterday (the entire course is singles only) waited on the guy in front of me to clear the green at par 3 #4, hit my tee shot, putt out and I'm walking of the green... I stride over several obvious pitch marks, so I bend over to fix a couple as I'm clearing the green.... only to hear the thud of a ball literally land right behind me..... no FORE or anything.....so much for fixing someone else's pitch marks 'for the next guy'! Needless to say I asked the guy if he was in a hurry and wanted to play through.... Figured, I have a target to shoot at the rest of the day :sneaky:.... Damn dude, its singles out here and the entire round is pace for like 2:30 minutes.... one more minute on the tee box isn't slowing you down.

I’ve had one not even tell me in the pro shop...only found out once I got to the first green.

This was years ago and I was livid!!!
Oh yeah. I'd be even more ticked when I got to the first green and had to find out on my own.

Myself for repeatedly chunking and blading chip shots.

The only thing I can remember being really upset about is slow play. I get pretty angry if I'm being held up because of one really slow group that won't let us play through.

The only thing I can remember being really upset about is slow play. I get pretty angry if I'm being held up because of one really slow group that won't let us play through.
Ugh. I forgot about this. Usually slow play won't tick me off unless there is noone in front of the group and they just refuse to let me play through. It happened to me just a few days ago and I had groups catching up to me, and I was a single. I ended up pairing up with one bc it just seemed more logical for all of us since we were going to have to wait anyways.

I’m as cool as a cucumber 100% of the time. But I dislike when the tee boxes are all chopped up, people do not replace or fill the divots

Back