Angry on the Course?

I got a little irritated the other day. It was hot and muggy, I had a pretty bad stomach ache. Playing pretty poorly off the tee to boot. I may have barked at @Johan185 after he called me Pete for the 3rd time. I was just irritable I guess. I got over my irritation pretty quickly, but it was the first time in a long time I was pretty peeved on the course.
All is fair in love and Golf.

No worries, you're still great company 👍 on the course.

Plus there was a HIO on the 16th

:drinks:

I don't often get angry but there was one time where we were playing during a holiday on a city course so of course it was backed up to hell and on the 18th fairway we were in our carts waiting for the green to clear and the group behind us hit into us and the ball hit our cart.

Yes there was.... with an asterisk:p But it was a great HIO for sure.

But it definitely brought a smile 😃 to all of us.

Thanks for sharing this special moment.

It was truly a pleasure to have you there for the *** Asterix ***:welcome::drinks:THP:egyptian: For Life:egyptian:

Not being notified of the greens being aerated when we drove over an hour to get there.

That'll do it. That should be common courtesy/etiquette. If the course has been aerated in the past 2-3 weeks (or until a determination has been made by someone who knows that they're talking about that the greens are rolling true again), then anyone making tee times should be required to advise customers that they'll be playing plinko on the greens.

I definitely get angry with myself for lack of concentration and hitting the type of shots I have no business hitting. I do get annoyed with playing partners who have tedious pre-shot and post shot routines or who are clueless as to where they should be standing and should not be moving around while iI am hitting/putting.

I had one situation many years ago whereI acted like a full blown Richard on the course. I had great expectations for my game, played like crap and was a POS in front of a lot of people that I like and enjoy (it was a friends and spouses outing for my birthday). Since that time (probably 7 years ago), I have not really let the game of golf get to me. I will have the occasional outburst to a poor shot, but golf doesn't grind my gears any more.

Played a few years ago with my dad and the starter at this course usually tells us to wait until the group ahead of us is on the green before teeing off, which I’m totally fine with. This time he asked us to wait until they are off the green and out of sight because he was some president of a golf org around here and likes his space. As much as I wanted to say “well maybe you should have had him buy two tee times or block the one that’s right after him”, I just nodded and drove off. Looked at my dad and just laughed, told him we won’t ride their tail but I ain’t waiting 20 minutes on a hole because that guy is too close to us! They played pretty fast since we never saw them again after the first hole, but I remember that comment left me a little ticked for a moment.

I'll do one for my wife. She played yesterday with my daughter and she came up to one of the holes with a small pond in front of it. There's a guy in front of the pond who is playing, but he's sitting there fishing balls out of the pond. He's got about 50 of them in a pile. My wife (and friends) yell at him that they want to play so he walks over to the side leaving his cart in front of the pond. They couldn't believe it, so they motion to him to get his effing cart out of the way. He gets it and drives right back up to my wife's cart with his stogie and starts cackling and blowing smoke at them while my wife is on the phone with the pro shop complaining.

Best part is I know who this guy is. He's not going to be a happy camper next time I see him.

That is unacceptable. Hopefully you get the chance to give that guy a talking to and get him booted from the course for a bit... golf when you're there to golf. Don't fish for balls.

It’s been a long while since I have been actually angry, either on or off the course. Namaste. Life is good.

I was partnered with a new guy in our 2-man blind draw last summer.

First hole, I put one down the middle - low runner. I tend to have a pretty low ball flight and the wind was up so I kept it down.

"Good miss, you hit that one thin, but it'll be ok" he says. First golf shot of mine he's ever seen in his life and he's telling me "good miss" since it doesn't look like HIS golf shot.

I said nothing but internally was pissed. We shot -3 in the 9 hole scramble and didn't use a single shot of his.

Golf is my fun distraction from the stress of normal life. I don't allow myself to get angry.. Whether a good or bad round I focus on having fun.

After the lockdown, I am just grateful to be playing golf again. Things that might have upset me in the past no longer do.

I think a good thing that a lot of people on here are doing is having perspective and choosing not to be upset beforehand, whether consciously or subconsciously.

We all know there are things that will transpire on the course that can bother us. I have a playing partner that lets everything and everyone bother him.

I don't say anything to him about it, but after a while, you can tell why all of this "bothers him". Deep down, he wants to have as many excuses as possible. Like all of us, he wants to do his best on the golf course. What he does, however, is find things that are bothering him that he can deflect blame to so he doesn't have to be accountable.

"Did you hear that? What as that? Was that somebody talking?"
"Um... I didn't hear anything?"
"Mulligan?"
"What?"

Although it's oftentimes followed by a bad shot, it also oftentimes seems like he almost relishes finding something that he can then hit a bad shot and blame it on.

I feel partly to blame because in a way I enable him by having confirmed to him such things.

Does this sound like someone you know?

Even if it's not on the golf course, there are millions of people who go through life looking for excuses why they aren't why they are. People who seek things to blame as they emotionally break down.

This new social media age and the youngsters that live in it certainly seem to thrive off emotion, anger, a lack of accountability, and a belief that someone needs to come in and save them, that they aren't accountable for their own actions.

I try my best to stay calm but was pretty hot my last round after a series of narrowly missed putts and bad bounces left me with a double, double, triple over 3 holes. These really weren't bad shots and it wasn't as ugly as it sounds. Legit should have been like +1 or 2 over that stretch. Was playing pretty well up to that point too.

My crew right now is going through some seriously rough swing patches and it's kind of bleeding into the mood a bit.

Fortunately we're all pretty good friends at this point, so there's not a very long leash especially if anyone goes off the deep end. One of my buddies kind of lobbed his 4 iron after he hit a mediocre ball on a par 3... I looked over at him and said "hey that's my 4 iron (it is, on loan lmao)"

Nice opportunity to break the tension. Not really an angry on course record -- More of a reminder that we can be pissed off at ourselves and the game while still being fun out there. It happens, it sucks, but it's still golf and the game we love.

Driver got me feeling a little bit more frustrated than usual. Still not angry because irons wedges worked well and had a decent round... a few short loud words were let go on several teeboxes.

It was mind numbing when you work on swing and path l week to perform poorly.

Back