Angry on the Course?

on the 15th hole of my last round I hit my 500 fat chip....my sand wedge went further then my chip 😒

I can get pretty frustrated with myself when after you hit a beautiful shot only the dub the next one or miss that short putt.

I don’t know about angry but several times recently, at different courses, I have found myself cleaning up pitch marks on the green left by lazy golfers. That irritates me to no end. There is no point in it. I always try to fix my pitch mark and at least one other but will fix as many as I see. It’s just not that hard to take care of any course you play on.

Last thing? I piped a drive down the center of the fairway almost 50 to 75 yards farther than anyone else in my group. Beautiful drive.
Shanked the second shot in a group of trees nowhere near the green.

In our Men's Club, that's known as a "NFD Hole"... Nice F@$#%-ing Drive"

Angry? A year and a half ago I got angry with slow play. The group in league that was in league in front of us was apparently playing a pro event that week and took over 3 hrs to play 9 holes. I actually confront them after the 7th hole and called them out on it. No one was in front of them the final two holes.

Last summer there were a few times I got pretty ticked off about my chipping. I threw my wedge a few times as well.

I would make 5 perfect practice swings than suddenly get turrets when I stood over the ball, it was driving me nuts and killing my score.

I'll do one for my wife. She played yesterday with my daughter and she came up to one of the holes with a small pond in front of it. There's a guy in front of the pond who is playing, but he's sitting there fishing balls out of the pond. He's got about 50 of them in a pile. My wife (and friends) yell at him that they want to play so he walks over to the side leaving his cart in front of the pond. They couldn't believe it, so they motion to him to get his effing cart out of the way. He gets it and drives right back up to my wife's cart with his stogie and starts cackling and blowing smoke at them while my wife is on the phone with the pro shop complaining.

Best part is I know who this guy is. He's not going to be a happy camper next time I see him.

Don’t think I’ve ever left the course angry at anything outside of my own sloppy game.

I've been emotionally depleted a few times, but not sure I've ever been "angry".

Check that, I did catch a fellow tournament competitor picking up my ball once. Without swearing I belittled him as best I could and admittedly was running pretty hot.

Had guys today doing work emails even though they were on PTO.

I am usually of the mindset that a bad day at the course is better than a lot of good days someplace else.

But what frosts my buns is course management. Not mine - the course ownership. I still will not a play a pretty nice local course because the marshall threatened to throw my group off the course when a guy behind us drove five balls at our within-range group on 10. Why? Because he was part of an outing and expected us to allow us to let at least two groups jump ahead of us after they had a 45 minute liquid lunch. We were offered a free round but no apology or corrective action with respect to the marshall(s).

Injuring my wrist about 15 years ago on a tree root. It takes a lot to get me angry.

genuinely angry?

Man... that's a TOUGH one.

LOL....still remember when I came up behind ya at the SeeMore event and the cart wheels locked up making a nice loud noise while you were getting ready to tee off. Think you proceeded to hit it OB after resetting & don’t think you were too happy. Ha-Ha.

LOL....still remember when I came up behind ya at the SeeMore event and the cart wheels locked up making a nice loud noise while you were getting ready to tee off. Think you proceeded to hit it OB after resetting & don’t think you were too happy. Ha-Ha.
oh man, that was WAYYYY back in the day. 2014 maybe?
I was still learning how to not be a hothead back then.

(you jerk :ROFLMAO:)

Trying to be in a mode that I can't get angry on the course. If I get angry, I should just go home.

I get annoyed at my own inability to perform consistently more than anything.

I got a little irritated the other day. It was hot and muggy, I had a pretty bad stomach ache. Playing pretty poorly off the tee to boot. I may have barked at @Johan185 after he called me Pete for the 3rd time. I was just irritable I guess. I got over my irritation pretty quickly, but it was the first time in a long time I was pretty peeved on the course.

I got a little irritated the other day. It was hot and muggy, I had a pretty bad stomach ache. Playing pretty poorly off the tee to boot. I may have barked at @Johan185 after he called me Pete for the 3rd time. I was just irritable I guess. I got over my irritation pretty quickly, but it was the first time in a long time I was pretty peeved on the course.
Pete bad, pistol good?

Back