Announcement from Callaway Golf - 2020 Grandaddy

For most, yes

I thought it was because the ZooCrew felt they needed some more practice before THPers walk away with the belt... enjoy your last few months with it! :ROFLMAO:

Respect for making the decision to delay The Grandaddy until 2021.

Yes it sucks, but with so much up in the air, who knows when/if things could be safe again for things to go off without a hitch.

Respect. Love. The Grandaddy will live on! See ya'll December 2021!

Oh man, I am going to have some serious explaining to do with my wife now about all of these Choco Tacos I have been eating during the quarantine.

Seriously though, bummed that the event will not take place in 2020, but its more than understandable and reasonable based on the circumstances for everyone involved. It is a special privilege that the Grandaddy takes place at all, and I am super stoked to hear that 2021 will bring its return. Hope everyone on the Callaway team is staying safe and well hydrated during these times. Also, someone should call the Nest and let them know.

Thanks @JasonFinleyCG. Saddening, but the smartest move for everyones safety. Looking forward to 2021!!

Appreciate the seriousness of this decision and acknowledging the safety of all parties involved from Callaway and the THP community.

Gratitude to you and the team for coming up with a new event to go the void. Looking forward to the formal announcement discussion on the live stream.

With all that has transpired, I had a feeling this was the case and absolutely the correct decision. Just the economics of it after laying off/furloughing over 300 of the industries best, how could this event continue. The future of the people and the industry are in limbo. No matter what side of the fence you’re on regarding the pandemic, the recovery of what we have done will last long past December 2020. As much as The Grandaddy means to all involved, it pales in comparison to the real life adjustments that we all will have to endure.
I applaud the decision, am glad to see a new event and happy The Grandaddy will return. More than likely much better than ever! Looking forward to Monday at 5!

Chuck pretty much covered my sentiment. Making the hard, but necessary decision for the company and employees while giving THPers another chance next year is about the best outcome one could hope for. Thanks Jason. Nothing but the best to everyone there.

Strong People with Strong hearts make the hard decisions. THP AND Callaway Strong Thank You @JasonFinleyCG for the Strength to stand and Say WE Will be Back We will Rise UP!

Unfortunate, but I believe we all know this was not a decision made lightly or hastily. Thank you for everything you do for the community and we are excited for the return of the GD whenever that may be, along with future Callaway events. And it speaks volumes to how this has been handled with grace and poise from Cap'n and crew.

Tough call, but completely understandable. Thanks to @JasonFinleyCG for being transparent and keeping us updated, and to everybody at Callaway Golf for their support and participation at THP!

Tough decision, but the right one. Thanks Callaway for making the right call.

Another thought, this place is awesome. After reading all the comments, I don't think you could find a better bastion of positivity on the internet. Which generally wallows in negativity and snide remarks. THP is truly awesome. @JasonFinleyCG thanks for delivering this news, because it puts an event that was destined to be special this year (as it is every year) into an even higher class of speciality for next year. A message to the future 2021 GD Team THP... Become Family.

Absolutely understandable decision for a whole host of reasons. I can't wait to hear about the new event!

That’s too bad but completely understand. 2021 is going to be unreal

The granddaddy 2021 will be amazing and something to look forward too! Thank you @JasonFinleyCG for the update and you do for the community!

The right calls are never easy. Thanks for all you and the Callaway crew do for us. Rock on, @JasonFinleyCG !

Unfortunate to hear that the 2020 Grandaddy has been cancelled. Given the current situation it is understandable. Decisions like this suck, but sometimes they have to be made.

On the more positive note, I cant wait to hear more about this new event.

Good call Capt. Finley... Grandaddy will be back and better than ever!!

I love that the two people who have most control over this event are probably the two most passionate about the success/results/well-being of it.

Totally understandable, as far as I'm concerned. Safest way to retain what makes it great.

As so many have said, this was a prudent decision and the fact that Callaway and you @JasonFinleyCG have come on so early to the community shows how important you think those here are.

We all look forward to hearing about the new event and can’t wait to follow along this and eventually the ‘21 Grandaddy.

Stay safe and all the best wishes to you and the entire Callaway family.

I’m so sad to see this stupid virus affect so many of the things that I love and that have made such a big impact on my life over the past year. Nonetheless, thanks @JasonFinleyCG for being open and transparent with this community about everything. I’m sure this group of internet golfers is the least of your worries but we appreciate you droppin in here to connect with all of us. I know this crisis will end eventually and callaway and THP will come out better and stronger than ever!

We will make it through and in the meantime, I’m anxious to hear about this new Callaway event!:callaway:

This is a necessity in these times.
I have never been a part, but certainly would like to some day

Thanks for the update. Not that anyone needed to know, but this shows how important Callaway and the THP community embrace and genuinely care. Can’t wait to hear details in the upcoming event.

Thanks to all of the thoughts from THPers.

Back