Another Callaway CS win

Evok

Don't worry, Be happy!
Reaction score
Handicap
I was going to just put it in the banter thread but I know Callaway is active on here so I wanted them to see this. I've read countless stories about their amazing cs and no surprise today they took care of me. Some saw just yesterday I finally got my Bertha 3w and I was super excited, but after removing the plastic I saw there was about a half inch gouge on the bottom right near the edge. Its not really a huge deal and likely would of been fine but its kinda deep and I didn't want to run into problems down the road. Also the handle of the wrench I got was snapped off. Now I ordered from Golfsmith so they were my next call but all the packaging was mint so I wasn't sure it was a manufacturing defect or whatever. Anyways I rang callaway first and of course someone picked up like immediately (love that). The person I spoke with was super nice and understanding that I just got my club and was ready to use it this weekend. He said go ahead and play it and he'd send out a new one for me immediately, when the new one arrived just ship the old back in the prepaid box. He saved me the hassle of even having to deal with Golfsmith. Now it may seem small or whatever but I think that's pretty awesome of them!! I envisioned a sad look on my face after having to wait weeks for a replacement and have to play without one. Not the case and little things like this make me a loyal customer. Thanks again Callaway you guys rock and will have my business for a long time.

That is one of the major reasons that I switched to Callaway clubs in my bag. To me customer service is the one item with any product purchase that I give lots of consideration to. Callaway will help with a problem.

I've recently switched to Callaway drivers, much for the reasons you mentioned in this thread. I helped consult on and open a few 5 star/ 5 diamond hotels earlier in my career and I know for a fact that excellent customer service is in the hiring and the training, but it's not any more expensive than than average or bad customer service. And it's ungodly important in any industry that is even beginning to show competitive parity or commoditization.

I'm in a position where I'm going to have to reach out to Callaway CS myself, and I'll let you know how it goes. I bought a 9.5 Razr Fit Xtreme off a member here (great transaction and great seller) and I bought two different weight kits online (one from amazon, one from ebay). Neither would fit flush in the driver and it was just a waste of money. Don't know if they were counterfeit or warped or whatever, but even the Callaway fitter I worked with couldn't get it right.

I'm not sure what to do other than contact Callaway. I guess I'm baffled about why they'd sell a (really great) driver with customizable weights and then make it damn near impossible to get the weight kit. No retailers have them. Not even the Callaway fitters I worked with, who also marveled at how crippled this great little driver seemed to be from the first moment on it's birthday. It's like this unbelievably beautiful woman with two Ph.Ds, a club foot, and a lisp.

But I did just buy a 10.5 X2Hot driver as well, working with a Callaway fitter, so I'm clearly willing to invest in the company and I'm willing to develop loyalty and long term investment in their company. Customer service is the anchor of that relationship, and I have high hopes that I'll find that willingness reciprocated on their end.

Callaway CS is some of the best. I've never had an issue with a club that they didn't take care of for me, with out question. Glad they were able to help you out as well.

Well done Callaway!

Well Done Callaway, well done

good stuff all around.

I've had nothing but good interactions with Callaway CS. Both when I've had questions about products and when there was an issue with a preowned order. A lot of the companies provide great service, but Callaway is exemplary.

Well done Callaway as always. Great customer service is hard to come by these days, glad some companies honor their customers

I am a firm believer in this type of customer service paying back exponentially. I have often butted heads with bosses at former jobs that were too concerned over a small amount of money to realize how much more the word of mouth is worth.

Love these stories. Callaway just gets it, from their product support to their customer interaction. I said it before, but since they helped me with my driver issue I'm making a point to look at all Callaway gear first before any other manufacturer. Not that I didn't like their clubs before (last year my bag was all Callaway save for my fairway), but when a company shows commitment to their customers, I absolutely want to repay that sort of dedication.

Callaway Golf CS helped me out last month both fast and with 1100% satisfaction to me. Callaway CS just gets it.

Callaway CS is top notch. If they can't help you out, they know someone who will.

Customer Services makes all the difference. It's bigger than the brand itself.

Wouldn't expect anything different from Callaway. That's awesome

Love Callaway !!! I had a cracked driver and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Great CS !!!

Thanks for sharing the story. One of the things I like about THP as compared to other boards is that we share a lot of POSITIVE stories. Sure, we all run into bad experiences and when that happens it's nice to give a heads up to everyone that some place might not be copacetic but I like how many stories I read about places that do well.

:clapp:

I wouldn't expect anything less from Callaway. They just get it.

Callaway has always had great customer service and I know I have had a couple of old threads here about what they have done for me and I think today, the CS is even better yet. They have always gone the extra mile for me and my wife.

Not surprised but its always good to hear...after a long break from Callaway (original Big Berthas) I am back and my bag is almost completely filled with their products, dont see me changing to another brand anytime soon

I always like hearing stories about great CS. Thanks for sharing. Callaway definitely gets what CS is supposed to be.

Nice work from Callaway. Keep your customers happy and they will come back.

Back