Another Club Champion Iron Fitting

I have my iron fitting at CC tomorrow.... I can only imagine what it’s going to cost.......

It was around $280 if I remember correctly.
Wow. I would need some proof that pureing really helps before paying that

I have my iron fitting at CC tomorrow.... I can only imagine what it’s going to cost.......
It’s really tough to say. Another friend got Mizuno JPX out the door for $1200.

Agreed, and from what I have heard it’s tough to tell if it does anything.

If you liked the Hollow Body Irons did you guys discuss the Forged Tec from Cobra? In my opinion they blow the P790s out of the water if feel, sound, and consistency.

I think someone could tell if they were super sensitive, yet for most, I bet I could switch and most would never know. It would be interesting to test this theory.

Agreed, and from what I have heard it’s tough to tell if it does anything.

I could tell a major difference between the iron used in my fitting vs the Pured irons I ended up buying. The Pured set felt like crap. Totally took away the smooth feel of the shaft I was fit into

He ended up getting them through Callaway directly for $1200

I am in the Middle TN area, I was debating on going to that location for an iron fitting. Would you message me the name of the fitter that is getting less than desirable reviews? I do not know if you can request a certain fitter or not, but having that information could be beneficial.

As a "hacker" that has not touched a club in over 5 years, should I get a fitting without swinging a club in my long layoff. Should I wait on the fitting and take a couple of months to just grease all the mechanics before going? Before the layoff, my swing was very inconsistent and frustrating, which probably will not help with a fitting. That is probably what has be the biggest reason of not playing these years. Thank you for any and all advice.

As a "hacker" that has not touched a club in over 5 years, should I get a fitting without swinging a club in my long layoff. Should I wait on the fitting and take a couple of months to just grease all the mechanics before going? Before the layoff, my swing was very inconsistent and frustrating, which probably will not help with a fitting. That is probably what has be the biggest reason of not playing these years. Thank you for any and all advice.
If your clubs are not a good fit you may be surprised. My friend did several range sessions prior to hit fit and tried to work some issues out. He was still all over the place. During his fitting he found a consistent groove when the proper fit was in his hand. I’d suggest make your appointment and in the meantime swing what you have if my you like.

Back