Another excellent YouTube instructor

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As most people on the forum know, I'm a HUGE Shawn Clement fan. I personally believe he's the best golf instructor on the planet (or the best I've encountered anyhow).

However, in my YouTube adventures, I've come across another instructor whom I think is excellent. The instructor is Adam Bazelgette. He and Shawn share a lot of the same philosophies. So closely in fact, I'm not sure one is not cribbing off the other. They both focus on allowing your body to do what it knows how to do. They focus on utilizing gravity and trying to stay out of your own way. They are not about making sure your wrists supinate no more than 7.5-degrees at position P3, or trying to do conscious manipulation of the club.

If you're looking for quality YouTube instruction Adam is another name to add to your list next to Shawn's:

(Not sure why it's not allowing me to embed the video link, but here you go)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC79FyJ_choPudvaY5Tx_TvA

Last edited:
I've been a subscriber to his channel for a while. I like his instruction

I literally just found him tonight, what a coincidence! Watched a couple of videos and liked them a lot. He does a good job explaining things but also uses some pro videos to show how they do the same things.

"There is nothing new under the Sun, for all is vanity"

As most people on the forum know, I'm a HUGE Shawn Clement fan. I personally believe he's the best golf instructor on the planet (or the best I've encountered anyhow).

However, in my YouTube adventures, I've come across another instructor whom I think is excellent. The instructor is Adam Bazelgette. He and Shawn share a lot of the same philosophies. So closely in fact, I'm not sure one is not cribbing off the other. They both focus on allowing your body to do what it knows how to do. They focus on utilizing gravity and trying to stay out of your own way. They are not about making sure your wrists supinate no more than 7.5-degrees at position P3, or trying to do conscious manipulation of the club.

If you're looking for quality YouTube instruction Adam is another name to add to your list next to Shawn's:

(Not sure why it's not allowing me to embed the video link, but here you go)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC79FyJ_choPudvaY5Tx_TvA
followed him off and on for a while...he was running a special on some of his content and I purchased some basic videos....some good stuff.

Also he is funny to me...he reminds me of some character Mike Myers would do....I dunno...I think it's the accent and his tone. haha. But he does have a simple way of explaining some things.

Over time I’ve learned to stay away from YouTube instructors.

Over time I’ve learned to stay away from YouTube instructors.
I do the same for the most part...there are only a couple who give tips in a way that make sense to me...and even then, I'm picking and choosing what I listen to.

Everyone has their favorites I suppose. By and large, most are saying the same things. Communicating to the customer is dependent on both instructor's knowledge, abilities to explain and to the customers readiness and willingness to accept.

I really only listen to a small number. Martin Chuck, Clay Ballard probably resonate with me the most. I have followed others including Shawn Clements, Paul Wilson each having their own style. The instruction offered right here in Swing Tips seem very credible and worthwhile as well.

Back