Another School Shooting?

RonInThornton

LEFTIES UNITE!!!
Reaction score
Handicap
28 GHIN
Ugh this stuff has to stop. Guess we have to wait on any details.

I can't believe there are so many butt heads these days, wrecking havoc on peoples lives!

I'm pretty surprised about the last two shootings, both in gun states if that makes sense (NM and TX)

Sad. This school is probably 2 or 3 miles from my sister's place. These are becoming far too common now.

Sad. This school is probably 2 or 3 miles from my sister's place. These are becoming far too common now.

yeah man, I don't think my brother is anywhere close to that, but regardless he lives in houston, and it's scary to think that anything was that close

yeah man, I don't think my brother is anywhere close to that, but regardless he lives in houston, and it's scary to think that anything was that close

No doubt. It is crazy for sure. Some people just don't have much sense.

I dont want to offend and part of this is my southern boy showing but if we would make an example of some of these people like the kid that shot up the movie theatre then maybe others would think twice about doing this stuff.

This stuff is so sad. Hate seeing it.

Hard to believe! Thoughts will all those involved, just hope it's not too bad.

I dont want to offend and part of this is my southern boy showing but if we would make an example of some of these people like the kid that shot up the movie theatre then maybe others would think twice about doing this stuff.

It's actually the exact opposite. These idiots are copy-cats and the more times the media puts their faces up on the screen and the more they mention them by name and the more fame they give them, the more it makes these copy cat moron's want to do this stuff. I am not saying it's not a gun issue but the media has a large responsibility in this and they act as if they are just reporting the news. There is a book called "The Copycat Effect" by Loren Coleman that talks about this in detail as well.

It's actually the exact opposite. These idiots are copy-cats and the more times the media puts their faces up on the screen and the more they mention them by name and the more fame they give them, the more it makes these copy cat moron's want to do this stuff. I am not saying it's not a gun issue but the media has a large responsibility in this and they act as if they are just reporting the news. There is a book called "The Copycat Effect" by Loren Coleman that talks about this in detail as well.

Thats sort of what I meant. The media plays them up and gives them attention. If we stopped that and let the punishment fit the crime it may stop some of this.

I was about to say the same thing. I wish the media would never mention the shooter's name, identity, or anything else about him/her. If there needs to be a story, focus on the victims, but pay no attention to the shooter.

Hopefully, there were no serious injuries in this event. Things like this have to come to an end.

odds are this is a gang shooting not a "school shooting"

This is just crazy!!

Horrible, just horrible. It's sick to think this stuff continues.

We've been executing murders forever. We've also had them locked up never to see freedom again. That just tells me you can't deter determination.

I was about to say the same thing. I wish the media would never mention the shooter's name, identity, or anything else about him/her. If there needs to be a story, focus on the victims, but pay no attention to the shooter.

Hopefully, there were no serious injuries in this event. Things like this have to come to an end.

Whether you are Democrat or Republican matters not in my next statement, but I think that most people can agree that the majority of media is very liberal. Right now there is a huge push for more strict gun control in this country. I'm not trying to turn this into a debate about that, but the media is going to throw every single gun related event in front center on the news to create a sense of "panic" or "urgency" to make sure to push that agenda. On that note, you won't be getting your wish ATL. Even if the facts aren't quite all of the facts. They'll do the report with what they presume to be the truth and won't make much of a retraction, if any at all at a later date.

I was watching this closely today....not too far from my office

odds are this is a gang shooting not a "school shooting"

This was not a "school shooting". It was a shooting that took place on college property. 2 dudes got in a fight. They pulled gun on each other.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...asses-resume-at-Lone-Star-College-4216361.php
An argument between two men sparked the gunfire, authorities say. One of the men was wounded. The gunman apparently accidently shot himself in the hip. A college maintenance worker, described as a innocent bystander, was also wounded in the shooting.

Another School Shooting?

This was not a "school shooting". It was a shooting that took place on college property. 2 dudes got in a fight. They pulled gun on each other.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...asses-resume-at-Lone-Star-College-4216361.php
An argument between two men sparked the gunfire, authorities say. One of the men was wounded. The gunman apparently accidently shot himself in the hip. A college maintenance worker, described as a innocent bystander, was also wounded in the shooting.

Oh, that sounds way different than a school shooting, what's up with the media? Instead of saying Alaskan boy killed by polar bear, they could say Alaskan boy help feed a starving polar bear o_O sound a pretty agendaish to me

I remember seeing a similar situation happening at my old high school a few years back. A chollo and another thug got into a confrontation and one pulled a gun in the parking lot at night, when no students were present, the liberal media Made a scandal saying it was a school shooting, the thug shot himself in the foot because he pointed the gun like a gangster (his gat was sideways) idiot shot at the other guy but hit the ground a few times and ricocheted into his foot, idiot.

Of course the media said shots fired at las cruces high school, school shooting, sound familiar?

Another one.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/10/21/police-respond-to-reports-shooting-at-nevada-middle-school/

Police respond to reports of shooting at Nevada middle school
Published October 21, 2013Associated Press

SPARKS, NEV. – Police are responding to reports of a shooting at Sparks Middle School in northern Nevada. A Sparks police dispatcher says the call came in at 7:16 a.m. Monday.

Sparks police spokesman Rocky Triplett told the Reno Gazette-Journal that a suspect is in custody.

Washoe County School District spokesman Charles Rahn says the middle school and the adjacent Agnes Risley Elementary School have been evacuated to Sparks High School. Rahn said the middle and elementary schools will be closed Monday.

Sparks is a city just east of Reno.

The world has gone crazy, I sincerely hope that no one has been injured or killed.

edit - just clicked the link, I truly feel for the victims, and all of the families and their friends.

Back