Another shout out to Callaway customer service

Coloradomrg

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I was playing a round early this month, and hit a shot that sounded weird and flew weird with my 3W. Upon inspection it looked like the ferrule cracked at some point. Not sure if it was that shot or another but put the club away for the round. Had the pro shop guys look at it after the round, and they decided it was just cosmetic and no reason to worry about it right away with more rounds planned. Back at the same course a week later, and hit a shot and knew something more was up. The shaft inside the hosel must have been compromised, and now it was worse.

Went back and forth in my head trying to decide if I go with a new UST Mamiya shaft to match my driver, or just buy a used club with identical specs from CPO. Then realized the club wasn't 2 years old yet. Called up Callaway today, and in a few days I'll be the owner of a new Rogue ST Max 3W. No cost, no fuss, not even a half a second of doubt. Brian was fantastic to talk with, and knew his stuff. I was offered two options - send in my club and wait for it to get a new shaft and sent back (4-6 weeks), or they'd just send me a new one that I can have next week. No brainer for me. Even the option to get it fixed was fantastic - just not as good and simple as replacement.

I'll be a Callaway club guy forever based on the two interactions I have had with their customer service. Top notch for sure.

Callaway as always is top of the class in CS

Consistent excellent customer service by them. Awesome!

Great to hear. All my experiences with Callaway Customer Service have been stellar. They stand behind their products 100%.

I was playing a round early this month, and hit a shot that sounded weird and flew weird with my 3W. Upon inspection it looked like the ferrule cracked at some point. Not sure if it was that shot or another but put the club away for the round. Had the pro shop guys look at it after the round, and they decided it was just cosmetic and no reason to worry about it right away with more rounds planned. Back at the same course a week later, and hit a shot and knew something more was up. The shaft inside the hosel must have been compromised, and now it was worse.

Went back and forth in my head trying to decide if I go with a new UST Mamiya shaft to match my driver, or just buy a used club with identical specs from CPO. Then realized the club wasn't 2 years old yet. Called up Callaway today, and in a few days I'll be the owner of a new Rogue ST Max 3W. No cost, no fuss, not even a half a second of doubt. Brian was fantastic to talk with, and knew his stuff. I was offered two options - send in my club and wait for it to get a new shaft and sent back (4-6 weeks), or they'd just send me a new one that I can have next week. No brainer for me. Even the option to get it fixed was fantastic - just not as good and simple as replacement.

I'll be a Callaway club guy forever based on the two interactions I have had with their customer service. Top notch for sure.
They are always so good. The way they stand up for their products is amazing

They were great to me for decades and replaced four of my fairway woods and drivers that had cracked faces no questions asked. When I cracked my Epic SZ driver face a few years ago, they told me it was too old for any warranty replacement or reimbursement on CPO.

I’m now ok with it as it caused me look first at other brands after playing a dozen different Callaway drivers since they launched their original Big Bertha in 1991. I’m not opposed to going back to a Callaway driver but it’s been fun to broaden my horizons a bit and I’m super happy playing Cobra in the driver spot the past few years.

That's phenomenal, love to hear it!

Enjoy your new club!

Always nice to hear about great customer service!!!

Awesome to hear! Keep up the good work Callaway Customer Service!

They were great to me for decades and replaced four of my fairway woods and drivers that had cracked faces no questions asked. When I cracked my Epic SZ driver face a few years ago, they told me it was too old for any warranty replacement or reimbursement on CPO.

I’m now ok with it as it caused me look first at other brands after playing a dozen different Callaway drivers since they launched their original Big Bertha in 1991. I’m not opposed to going back to a Callaway driver but it’s been fun to broaden my horizons a bit and I’m super happy playing Cobra in the driver spot the past few years.

A two year warrant on something we intentionally slam into/swing at the ground at incredible speed is great, and the fact that they stand behind it so readily is even better.

A two-year warranty on something we intentionally slam into/swing at the ground at incredible speed is great, and the fact that they stand behind it so readily is even better.

Agree two years is a solid warranty period. My Epic SZ was over three years old when its face cracked in late 2020. I likely would have stayed with Callaway had they offered me something like a $75 certificate on their CPO website, but in hindsight, I'm glad they didn't.

A buddy of mine had a Callaway driver where the screw holding the head on to the shaft would not stay tight. They had him send it back and since it was so old they couldn’t replace it with that same model and sent him a new current release driver at no charge! Their CS is the best.

Somehow I'm always surprised and not surprised by these stories of awesome Callaway CS!

I called them awhile back about a standard Mavrik head that I couldn't get the shaft to 'click' in and was ask When did I buy it and need proof because of the two year warranty. I told him I don't know the exact date and not sure if I can find receipt so he denied warranty but offered to send me another screw at no charge to try or would give me an upgrade to Rogue ST for only $349 plus shipping!!

This is not the best CS I have received that is for sure! Not real happy about this though!

I called them awhile back about a standard Mavrik head that I couldn't get the shaft to 'click' in and was ask When did I buy it and need proof because of the two year warranty. I told him I don't know the exact date and not sure if I can find receipt so he denied warranty but offered to send me another screw at no charge to try or would give me an upgrade to Rogue ST for only $349 plus shipping!!

This is not the best CS I have received that is for sure! Not real happy about this though!

That driver was released Jan 2020, of course they need to know when/where it was purchased. Even for my claim they asked for the order #, or a copy of the store receipt. I had the order # handy, which they could look up to verify dates. I keep all my receipts/paperwork for club purchases for this reason.

Back