Anthonyc's Custom Project X Shaft

AnthonyC

Bogey Golfer
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
October 2019, some fine THPers and I traveled to San Diego, home of True Temper Project X / True Sports. We were the winners of the last Project X small batch / hand crafted event. Among many other awesomely insane gifts and experiences, the driver shaft was the headliner. We were able to design our own shaft with the help of the PX.

Although we were sent a Riptide shaft to test, my ideal shaft is the HZRDUS Smoke Yellow. The yellow is a counterbalanced shaft in 6.0 flex (stiff). However, this shaft does not have stiff in it. The butt and tip are X-ish and the mid section is regular +. Weight is 60.

To customize it, we added two additional flags (basically sheets of graphite) to the tip end to lower my ball flight more, and provide a more penetrating ball flight. Those flags stiffen the tip. It was worthy of being the grim reaper's personal shaft.

My design is simple and minimalist, yet badass. I asked the graphic artist to make the shaft for the reaper. He delivered.

One of a kind reaper logo, HZRDUS in red, and my full name because thats just cool to have my name on a one of kind shaft. The shaft itself is flat black. I asked for the HZRDUS logo blank (NFPA 704 diamond for us hazmat nerds).

This shaft is in my Titleist TS4 driver, another low launch, low spin demon of its own. Oh and by the way, works like it was custom fit to me.

20200914_151848.jpg20200914_143020.jpg20200914_142945.jpg

That's awesome, hit many many bombs!

That thing looks incredible!

That Grim Reaper is so awesome. Beautiful shaft. You have one mighty fine looking bag of clubs, my friend.

That’s a really interesting bend profile! So incredible that everything was so customizable!

Freaking OUTSTANDING!!!

Hope you enjoy it!

Looks amazing

Back