Any allergy experts here

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Every year this same time period we meet friends in South Louisiana. Ever year I have some type skin reaction to something that grows here. Attached are photos showing reaction. Doesn’t itch goes away shortly after returning home. This year it happened after one day of wearing shorts. DEFB2E42-EBAE-421C-AD5F-20494B5F86EA.jpeg20472BFF-FF0F-4100-BFCA-8AF297F542ED.jpeg40B37333-2BCD-45AB-94A0-17FE37F94391.jpeg

No expert but those look like bug bites, maybe from fire ants maybe spiders maybe biting gnats.

No expert but those look like bug bites, maybe from fire ants maybe spiders maybe biting gnats.
No swelling or itching as is common with bug bites.

My guess is insect bites as well. Some sort of fly or gnat.

No swelling or itching as is common with bug bites.
I hear ya. Still we all react differently. I had fire at bites all over the top of my foot hurt a bit shortly after. Then nothing. But took a while to heal. My wife had some spider bites (maybe, i think they were for ants) she had more itch. But hers were in a different area. 🤷‍♂️

Look like bedbug bites to me. The straightish line on your knee and some others apparent on your leg, might be an indicator.

When we owned a condo in Myrtle Beach, it was in the rental rotation at Legends. A former guest(s) must’ve brought them in because my poor daughter was ravaged. We all were, of course, but only she had the allergic reaction. Have you stayed elsewhere recently or had guests? Been to a beach? Any small blood dots or smears on your sheets? Either way, to be safe, I’d strip the bed and check the mattress and box spring for any evidence of their molted shells.

Look like bedbug bites to me. The straightish line on your knee and some others apparent on your leg, might be an indicator.

When we owned a condo in Myrtle Beach, it was in the rental rotation at Legends. A former guest(s) must’ve brought them in because my poor daughter was ravaged. We all were, of course, but only she had the allergic reaction. Have you stayed elsewhere recently or had guests? Been to a beach? Any small blood dots or smears on your sheets? Either way, to be safe, I’d strip the bed and check the mattress and box spring for any evidence of their molted shells.
That’s the beauty of traveling with my own bed in 5th wheel. I don’t have to deal with other peoples critters

Try Benadryl to see if the bumps go away. But my guess is on Chiggers also.

Looks like random instruct/bug bites. No distinct pattern or scattering and no pustules.

Looks like random instruct/bug bites. No distinct pattern or scattering and no pustules.
Crazy part of it there are 20 of us here. I’m the only one that have it.

Crazy part of it there are 20 of us here. I’m the only one that have it.
Could be a random allergy encounter with a type of pollen. The hardest part about allergies is unless you know exactly what the contact point is, you may never know the cause without testing.
If it’s topical I always get in a swimming pool and then air dry. (Chlorine works)

Back