Any ham radio freaks out there?

15 Handicap

Reaction score
Handicap
W4LWQ - general class.

W4LWQ - general class.
I've done a lot of talking on MF/HF Marine radios and am a licensed GMDSS Operator. HAM and radio in general has always intrested me but I've never gotten an amateur license. I used to listen to the maritime mobile net on 14300 a lot but our radios were obviously blocked on the 14 mhz.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I've been licensed since I was 12 and hold an old school extra class license. I haven't been active in at least 10 years though...

I have never had a ham license, but I had a bunch of friends that were in to it. That and 11 meter (CB) radios. Well.... more correctly, modified 10 meter radios tuned for 11 meter with linears big enough to dim the lights when you key up. lol

KB8ZF Advanced class been licensed since 1977. Currently don’t have any equipment, but planning to get back on the air in the next couple of years. Will be retiring in three years and will have time for it then. Great hobby in the winter when I can’t get on the course. 73’s

AE7MD here. Got it primarily for work. But now that I'm retired I may get back into it.

Any ham radio freaks out there?

I was a shortwave listener for a long time. There isn’t very much left on those bands . I used to occasionally listen in on hams at night.

It sparked a love of radio and I wound up going into broadcasting. After a decade in commercial radio, I’m currently working as Program Director and instructor at a 50,000 watt FM college owned station in St. Louis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What do "ham radio freaks" listen to and, or talk about ?

I plan to get licensed. I have always wanted to and with my job now, it makes sense for me to. I need to get on that.

Back