Any motorcycle owners out there?

Great thoughts... I am going to definitely get into a class to make sure this is something I want to invest in. My dad had bikes and alot of my family does as well, so I know the itch is there. As far as costs go, the Sportster seems to be on the cheaper end for sure. With that said, I am not closed minded to another brand of bike.

I think I like, kind of in between. I like the Harley Sportster as far as weight and looks go. I am not into something really bulky.
When I go for a crusier, it won't be for a large bike either. I scoped out some Craigslist listings around me and like these Yamaha strykers

Plus the wife wants a more relaxed ride with a sissy bar to sit back and relax.

Just will be a tease from the ~135hp to ~70 or whatever it is
2479104182309ec71fb3f8586e5249ed.jpg

But either way good luck! The fall and winter is a great time to buy a gently used bike as a lot of people didn't realize they can't store it or just didn't ride it enough

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Here is my other hobby that fights for my time in our limited summers.

That is a beautiful Speed Triple R! Always wanted to ride one of those since I've found my love in the triple. For now, the FZ-09 will have to suffice!

Not too many dirt bikes represented in this thread. Here's what I ride:

My race bike, 2006 Yamaha YZ250
YZ250.JPG

My trail/dual sport bike, 2005 KTM 525
KTM 525.JPG

I do have a street bike too, my 2009 Yamaha FZ6
FZ6 Silver Lake 01.JPG

4ec52335956d61dedad3405634806758.jpg

I need one again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to put my baby away for the winter :(

That is a bummer, mine is getting a quick clutch recall done and we are in prime riding season now that it is not 105 everyday!

4ec52335956d61dedad3405634806758.jpg

I need one again

Nice bike! I could get by without the street bike, but can't imagine not having a dirt bike. That's why I have two, if one is out of commission I still have one to ride.

I'm a fair weather street bike rider, and live in the Sierra Foothills, so too cold in the mornings to ride to work until next Spring for me, although I can still do some fun local rides once in a while on nice days throughout the Winter. Season is year round for dirt around here, just have to stay in the lower elevations, and deal with temporary "wet weather" closures at many of our riding areas.

I've been doing a lot of off-season window shopping already this winter. Really want to move on to a more capable touring machine. My Tbird can do it, but will cost me a lot of coin to get it there. Off-season deals are certainly there to be had. As usual, I'm drawn to something a little less popular - really liking the Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring. Also some decent deals to be had on a couple-year-old Indian Chieftan and Springfield. Sigh... So many bikes, so little time.

Well we're into February, now, and I'm still shopping. At least I've narrowed it down... OK, I haven't. My list actually grew. LOL. Moto Guzzi California, Guzzi V9 Bobber, Guzzi V7iii Special, HD Road King, HD Softail Heritage Classic, and a few others. Clearly, I have the same issue with motorcycles as I have with golf clubs - just too many good ones I want to try.

Well we're into February, now, and I'm still shopping. At least I've narrowed it down... OK, I haven't. My list actually grew. LOL. Moto Guzzi California, Guzzi V9 Bobber, Guzzi V7iii Special, HD Road King, HD Softail Heritage Classic, and a few others. Clearly, I have the same issue with motorcycles as I have with golf clubs - just too many good ones I want to try.

Ah yes a fun problem to have.. if you're buying new perhaps they allow a test drive, but essentially just pick a style/model and stick with it, look for the best deal out there for that specific bike.. good luck!

Ah yes a fun problem to have.. if you're buying new perhaps they allow a test drive, but essentially just pick a style/model and stick with it, look for the best deal out there for that specific bike.. good luck!

Only one I have not spent any time on is the V9. Ideally, I'd end up with something like the v7iii / v9 plus a more touring capable bike like the 1400 Touring / Heritage / Road King. I mean, I do have room in my garage, though my golfing time would likely take a serious hit. LOL. I do really enjoy looking at all the cycle options, but eventually I'll have to make a decision to do something or stand-pat.

Hey all, just found this thread and figure I should chime in as I also love bikes along with golf. Current ride is a 2012 Triumph Tiger Explorer that I love. Got a steal on it, original owner only put about 700 miles on it over 2 or 3 years after buying it new. Thought it was too tall for them. Wife doesn't think it is all that comfortable though so she would rather me trade it in for something else.

She got spoiled though because when I was an engineer at Indian she got to ride 2 up on a Roadmaster quite often and would rather I rode that. I love the Roadmaster but I still love something a little more sporty as well from time to time so the deal is I told her I would get a Roadmaster if I can also get an FTR since that was the last bike I worked on before I left. Hopefully doing that sometime this year.

For now here is my current baby, perfect for both quick day rides or long moto-camping trips. Triple absolutely screams.

IMG_20160831_111920.jpg

Only one I have not spent any time on is the V9. Ideally, I'd end up with something like the v7iii / v9 plus a more touring capable bike like the 1400 Touring / Heritage / Road King. I mean, I do have room in my garage, though my golfing time would likely take a serious hit. LOL. I do really enjoy looking at all the cycle options, but eventually I'll have to make a decision to do something or stand-pat.

Blah blah blah blah Indian lol

Blah blah blah blah Indian lol

Even if I buy the Indian, you still don't get to ride it. Lol

What if he just gets to ride on the back?

Ohhhhhh helllllllzzzzzz no. (That visual made me laugh out loud and then I threw-up a little bit in my mouth.)

Ohhhhhh helllllllzzzzzz no. (That visual made me laugh out loud and then I threw-up a little bit in my mouth.)

I just lost any desire to ride at all

b0323440af40700104ba604d350d45ee.jpg

e107fe5976073b370c76c8f80000df89.jpg

Spent last night getting my ride back together. Pulled the motor and had the transmission rebuilt/microfinished over Christmas. Hoping to have it ready for track day season by May.

And deal for a new-to-me, low mileage Indian Chieftain was finalized. Will pick it up first week of April. Super excited to get more road time this year.

This one already had the performance mods I'd have done anyway, plus having an x-pipe installed and a custom fuel map flashed before I pick it up.

I'll replace the stock fairing speakers with a couple of marine grade Polk Audio speakers within the next month or so.

e33bf5dfca4ddc3e42215c98473a70b2.jpg

Pulled the motor and had the transmission rebuilt/microfinished over Christmas. Hoping to have it ready for track day season by May.

Isn't track day season essentially a long Christmas morning? Just keeps on giving.

And deal for a new-to-me, low mileage Indian Chieftain was finalized. Will pick it up first week of April. Super excited to get more road time this year.

This one already had the performance mods I'd have done anyway, plus having an x-pipe installed and a custom fuel map flashed before I pick it up.

I'll replace the stock fairing speakers with a couple of marine grade Polk Audio speakers within the next month or so.

e33bf5dfca4ddc3e42215c98473a70b2.jpg
Nice enjoy!

Heavy contemplation selling off my speed triple for a cruiser style but just can't seem to find a style I like.

Needs to seat two, wife wants a sissy bar/backrest (great if easily removable) and it still needs a good bit of hp... Current is 130hp, can't just down to 60 right from that haha anyone have suggestions?

Nice enjoy!

Heavy contemplation selling off my speed triple...

It's so hard to get away from Triumph's triples. Such nice bikes. Loved, loved, loved my Daytona 675.

Back