Any motorcycle owners out there?

It's so hard to get away from Triumph's triples. Such nice bikes. Loved, loved, loved my Daytona 675.
I know, it's great for me but wifey generally doesn't like riding on it.. my dear is a scale down to a cruiser and she doesn't want to ride on that either

Maybe see if I can have both for a bit to make sure... And maybe just keep both lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nice enjoy!

Heavy contemplation selling off my speed triple for a cruiser style but just can't seem to find a style I like.

Needs to seat two, wife wants a sissy bar/backrest (great if easily removable) and it still needs a good bit of hp... Current is 130hp, can't just down to 60 right from that haha anyone have suggestions?

You can do stuff to any Harley and Indian to really open-up the engine - not sure it'll get close to 130, but most of those bikes aren't built for that anyway. If you want a cruiser-ish look, and that kind of juice, look at the BMW K1600B (or any BMW with the 1600 engine - that thing is amazing).

EDIT: Just checked - 1600B clocks in at 160hp. I'm assuming at the crank, not the rear wheel. Of course, as with any sport-type bike engine, this happens higher in the rpm range. That's what I always loved about my Thunderbird Commander - max torque was/is low in the rev range.

It's so hard to get away from Triumph's triples. Such nice bikes. Loved, loved, loved my Daytona 675.

I had been a Triumph only guy up to this point - just focused on the parallel twins. LOL. The Triumph lineup is really nice, from top to bottom.

You can do stuff to any Harley and Indian to really open-up the engine - not sure it'll get close to 130, but most of those bikes aren't built for that anyway. If you want a cruiser-ish look, and that kind of juice, look at the BMW K1600B (or any BMW with the 1600 engine - that thing is amazing).

EDIT: Just checked - 1600B clocks in at 160hp. I'm assuming at the crank, not the rear wheel. Of course, as with any sport-type bike engine, this happens higher in the rpm range. That's what I always loved about my Thunderbird Commander - max torque was/is low in the rev range.

I had been a Triumph only guy up to this point - just focused on the parallel twins. LOL. The Triumph lineup is really nice, from top to bottom.
I'll look into those, thanks! I don't need 130 in a cruiser, just not as low as 50 haha like ~100 if be good with.. Yamaha vmax sounds like a contender too but not sure if I like the look

It's a very back burner idea right now, would rather spend the money on golf

I'll look into those, thanks! I don't need 130 in a cruiser, just not as low as 50 haha like ~100 if be good with.. Yamaha vmax sounds like a contender too but not sure if I like the look

It's a very back burner idea right now, would rather spend the money on golf

Makes sense to me (well except the golf versus motorcycle spend - I think I'm trending the other direction a bit). The Triumph Thunderbird (with the 1700 engine) will get near 100 with just a few mods. Also, depending on size, take a look at the Moto Guzzi California line with the 1400 engine. Those will also get near that 100 mark with just a few tweaks.

Ugh. The more I "talk" bikes, the more I want to get out and ride.

Makes sense to me (well except the golf versus motorcycle spend - I think I'm trending the other direction a bit). The Triumph Thunderbird (with the 1700 engine) will get near 100 with just a few mods. Also, depending on size, take a look at the Moto Guzzi California line with the 1400 engine. Those will also get near that 100 mark with just a few tweaks.

Ugh. The more I "talk" bikes, the more I want to get out and ride.
Haha I hear you, mines sitting in my FIL's shed and can't wait to get it out! Just too cold for the morning commutes right now, hopefully in a few more weeks will be the good wake up needed

Ride safe!

And deal for a new-to-me, low mileage Indian Chieftain was finalized. Will pick it up first week of April. Super excited to get more road time this year.

This one already had the performance mods I'd have done anyway, plus having an x-pipe installed and a custom fuel map flashed before I pick it up.

I'll replace the stock fairing speakers with a couple of marine grade Polk Audio speakers within the next month or so.

e33bf5dfca4ddc3e42215c98473a70b2.jpg

Your welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And deal for a new-to-me, low mileage Indian Chieftain was finalized. Will pick it up first week of April. Super excited to get more road time this year.

This one already had the performance mods I'd have done anyway, plus having an x-pipe installed and a custom fuel map flashed before I pick it up.

I'll replace the stock fairing speakers with a couple of marine grade Polk Audio speakers within the next month or so.

e33bf5dfca4ddc3e42215c98473a70b2.jpg

Nice! Enjoy the ride.

Pffft... Go work on your shanks.

(Ohhhh, I went there. LOL)

you would have never drove over there and bought that bike if i wouldnt had seen it first and sent you pictures lol

Nice enjoy!

Heavy contemplation selling off my speed triple for a cruiser style but just can't seem to find a style I like.

Needs to seat two, wife wants a sissy bar/backrest (great if easily removable) and it still needs a good bit of hp... Current is 130hp, can't just down to 60 right from that haha anyone have suggestions?

If you are open to give BMW a try the 1600 IMO is an awesome bike! With 160hp it is very quick. With a custom seat and back rest it is very comfortable. The top case is a nice back rest for your wife. Add arm rests for her for added wifey comfort. The top case is easily removable.

I love this bike, part cruiser, part sport bike!
fd870052f496024cbe6be9c00c8aeadf.jpg

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Whilst I furiously save for a bigger bike, decided to upgrade my lid from by budget AVG to a Shoei. Read good things about their helmets, can’t wait to take it out for a spin when it arrives.

I want another bike, but with my golf addiction I would have to figure out when to get time in to ride.

Well I decided to trade my 2014 Triumph Street Triple R in for a 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE this year and so far I’ve been very pleased with my decision! The Bonnie’s are an awesome bike!

I’ll post some pictures at some point.

I've been riding for almost 30 years. I have a 2000 Honda VFR800fi & my wife has a Kawasaki Ninja 300.

R1200GS in the garage. Was averaging about 15K miles a year until Nov when I hit some fresh oil in a turn and lowsided, breaking a bunch of ribs. To add insult to injury, I had to ride 75 miles home as I was up in the mountains, no cell service. That was fun. Slowly getting back into form. Recently sold a Multistrada 1200DVT, and before that had KTM 1290S, MV Turismo Veloce, and others over the years. The GS is a great touring bike, at least for weekend stuff, and we do some 2-up dirt as well.

On the hunt for a new bike. Had a shortlist until
I started getting insurance quotes. Being a fairly new rider, I was getting raped for most stuff. Weirdly, the Ninja 650 is cheaper to insure than my R3. I’ve been offered $2.2k for my R3 against a new 650 so I shall be taking a trip up to the dealer to check one out.

R1200GS in the garage. Was averaging about 15K miles a year until Nov when I hit some fresh oil in a turn and lowsided, breaking a bunch of ribs. To add insult to injury, I had to ride 75 miles home as I was up in the mountains, no cell service. That was fun. Slowly getting back into form. Recently sold a Multistrada 1200DVT, and before that had KTM 1290S, MV Turismo Veloce, and others over the years. The GS is a great touring bike, at least for weekend stuff, and we do some 2-up dirt as well.

I have the R1200 GSA, and you are right, they are a great touring machine. Hope I don't run into any fresh oil in a turn as you experienced!

Well I decided to trade my 2014 Triumph Street Triple R in for a 2012 Triumph Bonneville SE this year and so far I’ve been very pleased with my decision! The Bonnie’s are an awesome bike!

I’ll post some pictures at some point.

My first bike was a 2010 SE. Loved that bike - actually regret not keeping it, even when I went to a larger bike. Nice and basic, but so fun to ride. With a few accessories and a throttle lock, and that thing could do a long-distance tour without blinking and then be a hoot on a track day the following weekend.

I had a 1999 Yamaha V Star 650 a while back, but sold it 7 or 8 years ago. It was kinda junky (had been dropped by the previous owner), but was perfect for learning to ride. In the end I didn't ride enough to justify keeping it, though I think a big part of that was because it wasn't the nicest bike. My wife was never in love with the idea of me having one, but if I stumbled upon a good deal on a Honda CB550 Four she'd probably not speak to me for a while.

I absolutely love this bike.

04-2017-10-25-14.06.33.jpg

Got out for a nice 3 hr ride through the pine barrens today.. almost didn't make it because I couldn't do my oil change in the morning and then I was having starting issues but turns out I just had a bad connection to the battery
aed41616236beeafaaf249c8e2aebb2b.jpg

Willow Springs on the CBR:
8QQsrKAQ.jpg

xYDDkJY

After the update:
IMG-0927.jpg

K75Z33y

Weekend Cruiser:
IMG-0322.jpg

Jzj1CRJ

Willow Springs has always been a track that I'd love to try (if I lived out that way).

Willow Springs has always been a track that I'd love to try (if I lived out that way).

Willow Springs is insanely fast and super fun. You should definitely make a trek out this way if you get an opportunity. Besides the tracks we have out here, just cruising the canyons is unbelievable, something every rider needs to try.

So jealous. I’ve ridden a few times so far, but it’s been rainy/drizzly/wet weather for the better part of several weeks and I’m not gonna ride in that. Looks like some possiblities for riding over the next couple of weeks, though, so fingers-crossed.

Back