Any motorcycle owners out there?

I have thought about taking a class for years. This past week, I completed the learn to ride at A local Harley dealership. Before I was done with the course ( 3 days) on the morning of the 3rd day, I came in early to the dealership and bought this beauty. Absolutely fell in love with riding while obviously going to learn more before I go and take any trips. Riding around the neighborhood for now till I get more comfortable. Anyone pondering whether to take the course, DO IT!

Attachments

• 33073780-3502-4EB3-9079-03B49E1A465B.jpeg
    33073780-3502-4EB3-9079-03B49E1A465B.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 14
I have thought about taking a class for years. This past week, I completed the learn to ride at A local Harley dealership. Before I was done with the course ( 3 days) on the morning of the 3rd day, I came in early to the dealership and bought this beauty. Absolutely fell in love with riding while obviously going to learn more before I go and take any trips. Riding around the neighborhood for now till I get more comfortable. Anyone pondering whether to take the course, DO IT!
Beautiful bike, congratulations!! That paint is stunning, and I especially like the Harley logo on the fuel tank!

I'm 5'7" and I have been researching bikes, and I really like the Indian brand. Some guy on Youtube, warns against a beginner getting the Bobber over the Scout Sixty because of extra power the Bobber has. I will eventually want to have my wife on the back, so I am wondering do I go for the more horsepower but stiffer ride of the Bobber, or the more tame Sixty?

Go for the most HP you can afford. I find that it's not the HP that get new riders in trouble, rather it's bikes with high torque. Little blips on the throttle of a high torque bike can cause newbs to panic and over compensate, high HP is only a problem if you act stupid with the throttle.

Well I got my Learner's license, and I start my motorcycle course on June 4-6th, and then I can ride bikes by myself, and at this time I will go and try some out. I'm looking forward to it.

Well I got my Learner's license, and I start my motorcycle course on June 4-6th, and then I can ride bikes by myself, and at this time I will go and try some out. I'm looking forward to it.
Congrats!

Let us know what you think of the motorcycle course.

My buddy and me haven’t ridden together for ages, so it was good to go out with him today and rip up some tarmac. Him on the R6, me on the Z900.
76F68AF5-ECD0-4F6F-9003-2D6B55829A14.jpeg

I passed my motorcycle course and got my MST endorsement. I am working on completing a deal on this now…..

Attachments

• 35A05D92-B231-4BEA-A198-17D6F83722D2.png
    35A05D92-B231-4BEA-A198-17D6F83722D2.png
    106.3 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well, I traded in my Indian Scout because my wife wanted me to get a bigger bike that she could go on, so I bought this, and man I love it! I see why people love Harley Davidson bikes now.

hd.jpg

Congratulations....I'm guessing she's gonna want a sissy bar though. Otherwise it's hold on tight at the green light!

Funny story...I bought my low rider used and it had the lower sissy bar and my wife wanted a taller one. I inquired about it at the Harley shop and dude says to me, yeah, my wife wanted a taller one and I told her that they don't make 'em.

Lol! I wanted to ask, do you like your wife?

Um, they do make them and I bought her one.

Congratulations....I'm guessing she's gonna want a sissy bar though. Otherwise it's hold on tight at the green light!

Funny story...I bought my low rider used and it had the lower sissy bar and my wife wanted a taller one. I inquired about it at the Harley shop and dude says to me, yeah, my wife wanted a taller one and I told her that they don't make 'em.

Yep, that was one of the first pieces I bought. Also handy for loading luggage for long trips!

The dealer was out of stock on them when I bought the bike. I told them that I wanted one and that was included in the purchase. I'm still breaking the engine in. The bike only had 6kms on the clock when I test rode it.

I just found this thread and have enjoyed scrolling through and seeing all the sweet bikes folks have. I'm without one at the moment (I sold my Yamaha FJ 09 about a year ago). Over the years I've had a Suzuki Katana 600, a Suzuki SV1000, a Honda V-65 Magna, a VOR supermoto, a Honda ST1100, and the aforementioned FJ 09.

I'll get another one again before too long (I always do), and it'll probably be some variety of adventure bike. For now my two wheeled excursions are limited to the dirt on my old YZ250, and are few and far between.

I'm trying to decide if I want to sell my bike right now. I hardly ever ride anymore, but they are breaking ground on a new track less than 15 minutes from me! Could shift to track days...decisions, decisions.

The hunt is on, plan is to get one this winter and hope I can find a good sale. After driving thru Yellowstone National Park a couple weeks ago, it is time to get out and enjoy the countryside on a bike again. Been about 10 years since I have ridden but will probably look into a riders safety course for a brush up.

The hunt is on, plan is to get one this winter and hope I can find a good sale. After driving thru Yellowstone National Park a couple weeks ago, it is time to get out and enjoy the countryside on a bike again. Been about 10 years since I have ridden but will probably look into a riders safety course for a brush up.
Yes, be sure to take MSF courses.

Nice ride today down HWY 1 to Big Sur. Not many tourists so got to really enjoy the road.
45CE0A50-D055-4F78-BE26-30A5C1A14004.jpeg

Any idea what type of bike you’re going to look for?

Any idea what type of bike you’re going to look for?
Right now thinking BMW 750GS or 850GS. Plenty of power but not to big, reliable with great resale values. Only down fall I see is the amount and location of dealers for services while on the road.
Should be a great commuter back and forth to work and for weekend trips. Nice mid priced bikes and reasonable on insurance when I checked.

Right now thinking BMW 750GS or 850GS. Plenty of power but not to big, reliable with great resale values. Only down fall I see is the amount and location of dealers for services while on the road.
Should be a great commuter back and forth to work and for weekend trips. Nice mid priced bikes and reasonable on insurance when I checked.
Beautiful bikes, and I’d love to own a BMW but there isn’t a dealer up here! Nice choice!

Can get to a whole lot of country on one of them!

Back