Any motorcycle owners out there?

Beautiful bikes, and I’d love to own a BMW but there isn’t a dealer up here! Nice choice!

Can get to a whole lot of country on one of them!
Throw on some side panniers and a top box and have plenty of storage. Hoping I can find a end of year deal somewhere and snag a current model year cheaper. Luckily I have 6-8 dealers within a 6 hour drive from me so plenty of choices.

Don’t own a motorcycle. But I am considering one of these. Does that count?

That price tag!!!! :eek:

That price tag!!!! :eek:

yeah kinda pricey. But considering it goes about 40 mph and is basically a small motorcycle. Plus the Finn scooter is 3500. I am also thinking I am spending about 200 per month on gas at the moment..

yeah kinda pricey. But considering it goes about 40 mph and is basically a small motorcycle. Plus the Finn scooter is 3500. I am also thinking I am spending about 200 per month on gas at the moment..
Oh yes the amount of $$'s spent on gas is definitely a factor in acquiring a bike. We could ride probably 8-9 months a year here pretty easily and would be huge savings over the amount of gas put in my F150.

I think you could find a really nice motorcycle for that price. After riding that thing, you are going to want something bigger! It's science.

I think you could find a really nice motorcycle for that price. After riding that thing, you are going to want something bigger! It's science.

I am sure you are right. At the moment I don’t have or really want to deal with getting a license or having to insure something. Just need or want something easy and cheap to get to work and quick runs to and fro.

Today are days that are made for riding. Didn’t get my first bike to my early 40’s. Really wish I’d done this 20 years ago!!!
E0DE135A-FF02-4A16-90F1-5E9534266F21.jpeg
2F3E7B90-031D-444A-B4B2-A260E4B1848C.jpeg
C98F31D0-1716-4317-9A02-054F769C379D.jpeg

I am sure you are right. At the moment I don’t have or really want to deal with getting a license or having to insure something. Just need or want something easy and cheap to get to work and quick runs to and fro.
Check on your insurance coverage before proceeding...

I've posted about my FXDL Low Rider.

This week I'm gonna get best dad points. I'm buying one of these for my son. A fellow I work with has had it since new and it has less than 1000 miles on it. It's a 2013 Bonneville....classic bike.

2013-Triumph-Bonneville-T100a.jpg

This week I'm gonna get best dad points. I'm buying one of these for my son. A fellow I work with has had it since new and it has less than 1000 miles on it. It's a 2013 Bonneville....classic bike.

Amazing gift! Enjoy the rides together!

I like those Triumph bikes. Classic British style. The new Bond bike is hot!

Using the Scenic app to really discover some new roads that I wasn’t aware of. It’s a fantastic app where you can create point to point routes, or just tell it you want a twisty route and off you go. That coupled with what is traditionally the best weather of the year in these parts meant today was another great day of riding! B010307F-A2DB-4900-BF6C-DF1556FEBDF3.jpeg

What a phenomenal gift! And a stunning machine!

So I got the Triumph home last night. Then I had this text exchange with my 23 year old son.

"You still on for our 3:30 tee time tomorrow?"

"Yessir!"

"Cool. Mom wants to have you over for dinner too. So a buncha bogeys, a coupla pints and home cookin!"

"Sounds good!!!"

So the plot is all in place....he's gonna freak out when he opens the garage door! This thing had exactly 1000 miles on it when I fired it up.

OUlt8J4.jpg

Last edited:
Well as expected, My Jake was blown away and fell in love with the bike immediately! My friend who sold it to me left me the plates so he was able to gear up and take it out for a spin. It's really a snappy bike in the middle gears. Displacement's 865cc.

So great success!

0000c437-500.jpg

Just taking advantage of another glorious winters day. 75ED4A18-91C5-48FF-9551-5CCCAFCA3E7F.jpeg

We have a CB500X we like to ride two up on the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's fun for solo twisty and dual sport riding, too:

This was my first bike build, 1980 Honda CX500D:

I had both of those bikes! :)

Thanks, yea the previous owner had replaced the grips and pedals, the brake pedal has kind of grown on me but the rest are on the list for replacement eventually. If I ever slow down on my improving my golf setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw on some side panniers and a top box and have plenty of storage. Hoping I can find a end of year deal somewhere and snag a current model year cheaper. Luckily I have 6-8 dealers within a 6 hour drive from me so plenty of choices.
All the slow touring, fast pace cruising, or twisting riding you want.

Attachments

• 20220328_095159.jpg
    20220328_095159.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 8
I miss riding…

Back