Any motorcycle owners out there?

I've been riding for many years. This year I will be doing a lot more, due to these gas prices. I'm not too far off from retirement, so my ideal situation is to ride my Harley to the golf course everyday and play.....
I’ve posted a couple of pics, but need no excuses to post more LOL

Kawi Z900C14AA2AC-43D9-4575-9C5A-124499D45593.jpeg
I’d like to add either the Suzuki GSX-S1000F, or now it’s been updated, the Ninja 1000sx to the stable.

A good ride today while the sun peeked out
20200412_151953.jpg

I want a Harley Davidson Hummer, the wife says no, I am still getting one in the next year or two.
Please google it before you ban me, it is a motorcycle...

I’m still riding my 2009 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom... bought brand new.

AFD3F26A-509E-4F20-9C45-39CA9F9F6816.jpeg

Well this was an expensive weekend. I took my bike to a track day and halfway through the 3rd session my transmission jammed and got stuck in 5th gear. of course this happened at the worst possible moment as I am trying to go from 170 to 80 and set up for a long right hand sweeping turn... Luckily I didnt crash but had to do the walk of shame as I pushed my stalled bike to the tire wall lol!

Got the bike home, should have the engine out this week so I can disassemble and evaluate the damage.

Sucks to have to deal with that, but thankfully it happened on a track and not in the middle of traffic in some megalopolis.

Even when things go wrong, riding at a track day is better than most other places.

Looks like I got lucky! A screw had backed out enough to prevent the shift drum from turning. No damage other than a mark on the screw. Remove, loctite for good measure and reinstall. Waiting for gaskets and fluids to arrive to put it back together.

Weather’s nice so rode into work today (just wanted an excuse to post a pic LOL). Have a little Puig windscreen in order. More show than substance I think. Also decided to get rid of the bunny ear mirrors, have some bar end ones enroute.
EAFCCB05-66BD-451B-BA31-8783DDC998BB.jpeg

Kawasaki Ninja 300.
With this lockdown, it feels great to be able to hit the road on my bike.

Two v-twins. One is a FLSTC-i but with a 117" motor. The other is a custom build from scratch, pro street muscle bike with a detuned race motor. This one is ridiculously fast.

RCTc4GQ.jpg

Z8DNX7Q.jpg

1999 vulcan classic.jpgsoft bags.jpgat Cooks Corner May 08.JPG

New Forum member
I have two bikes, and both get ridden regularly.
A 2006 HD Deluxe with custom paint, and a bone stock 2014 Triumph Bonneville. The Harley also has a few mechanical and comfort upgrades. It's my "Long Distance" machine. Interestingly, even with a much bigger motor and more weight, it gets better fuel mileage than the Bonneville.

Attachments

• Wshon1.jpg
    Wshon1.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 5
  • TriumphBonne.jpg
    TriumphBonne.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 5
How about what year you started riding and your first bike.

In 1976 my dad bought me a 356cc Honda CB360T.

maxresdefault.jpg

Like you, I had my first bike 1975. A Kawasaki two-stroke triple. One day while riding with some buddies in the Sierra foothills with my future wife on the back, one of the guys went into a turn too hot, and slid out in front of me, causing me to crash too. After that, my wife said "No more motorcycles!" I respected her wishes since we had other fun stuff to do.
Fast forward 37 years....she passed away from stage 4 cancer in 2013. I began riding again to cope. I found it be very therapeutic.

I had a Triumph 650 bonneville back in the day. Got tired/scared of folks in cars

In 1976 my dad bought me a 356cc Honda CB360T.
First bike was a 124cc Italian Benelli (sp), it was a one cylinder thumper but sounded like an old panhead.. Since then, I have owned several, Yamaha, Kawi's. Probably started riding in early 60's. California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Baja. I posted a link above to my old MC Blog that if you look at some of the older posts in the blog, there are several how to videos and mods I made.

My first bike was a mid life crisis LOL. Wasn’t allowed one back in the UK. Wife at the time rightly thought I’d kill myself, and she was probably right. First bike was 4 years ago when I was 42. Bought after attending the WSBK at Laguna Seca and visiting the manufactures stands. I loved that bike, wish I’d kept it alongside my current bike.
3DFBD3FD-89BC-4046-A547-DE156EEFF76D.jpeg

This was my first bike. 1974 Indian 125, paid $400 for it. (I had to search to fine a pic of one.)
1611782380166.png

I bought my first "bike", a 1949 Vespa in 1965 when I was 15 years old. That is when I realized that taking apart a bike was easier than putting it back together. After that, I learned how to turn a wrench. Then came a 1953 AJS 500cc scrambler, then on to a series of British twins, Spanish dirt bikes and German boxer twins in the 70s and 80s. My 1983 Harley FXSB and 1993 FLHS were wonderful. I didn't get my first Japanese bike, a venerable DR650, the first of two, until the late 90s. All in all, after all of those and many others, the R 1150GS bikes were the best.
9afd05f302c5da879bd00004bc06c566.jpg

My carpal tunnel was making riding difficult. If my Harley didn't have throttle assist I could not have ridden at all last year. Got the release surgery in December and I'm so stoked to ride without losing feeling in my throttle hand.

I bought my first "bike", a 1949 Vespa in 1965 when I was 15 years old. That is when I realized that taking apart a bike was easier than putting it back together. After that, I learned how to turn a wrench. Then came a 1953 AJS 500cc scrambler, then on to a series of British twins, Spanish dirt bikes and German boxer twins in the 70s and 80s. My 1983 Harley FXSB and 1993 FLHS were wonderful. I didn't get my first Japanese bike, a venerable DR650, the first of two, until the late 90s. All in all, after all of those and many others, the R 1150GS bikes were the best.
9afd05f302c5da879bd00004bc06c566.jpg
Those are great looking GS's Makes me want another bike so bad but I just don't know if I would make the time to ride again with golf occupying my time.

My carpal tunnel was making riding difficult. If my Harley didn't have throttle assist I could not have ridden at all last year. Got the release surgery in December and I'm so stoked to ride without losing feeling in my throttle hand.
friend of mine posted on a mc forum regarding electronic cruise control. Otherwise I used to use an assist thumb grip made by Kuryakyn which worked very well. oh, just remembered, it was called Throttle Boss.

MC guys, I'm having a little internal battle.. with a baby on the way, theres a small part that thinks its time to sell the bike and be without one for a while.

Another part is kind of stubborn and thinking I'll miss it, chances of an accident are low, I can get another season out of it before selling (baby due in June, i won't need to commute her to daycare until January or so).

Last year tho I only put about 1000 miles on it, so I'm riding less and less each year. Just tough to even take to work some mornings as weather, waking up on time, carrying crap, etc all needs to line up

Anyone else step away for a while? Good decision or wish you didn't? Any input welcome!

I have an 08 triumph speed triple with maaaybe 14k miles, upgraded exhaust, and hoping I can fetch 5500 for it. So its a good chunk of money I POTENTIALLY could get

Last edited:
MC guys, I'm having a little internal battle.. with a baby on the way, theres a small part that thinks its time to sell the bike and be without one for a while.

Another part is kind of stubborn and thinking I'll miss it, chances of an accident are low, I can get another season out of it before selling (baby due in June, i won't need to commute her to daycare until January or so).

Last year tho I only put about 1000 miles on it, so I'm riding less and less each year. Just tough to even take to work some mornings as weather, waking up on time, carrying crap, etc all needs to line up

Anyone else step away for a while? Good decision or wish you didn't? Any input welcome!

I have an 08 triumph speed triple with maaaybe 14k miles, upgraded exhaust, and hoping I can fetch 5500 for it. So its a good chunk of money I POTENTIALLY could get
I put 10,000 miles on my last bike when I called it quits. Part of that decision was a couple things: Had a lady pull a U turn right in front of me. ( I got stopped in time) Had a close call with a doe, (close enough I could count the ticks on her back) The last one was almost getting rear-ended. Stopped at a light, maybe 4th vehicle back and I checked the mirror and ducked out right just in time to get missed. She creamed the car that was in front of me bad. (driver was on cell phone.)
Has been about 10 years now and don't really miss it but there are times I would like to be on the bike and enjoy that freedom of just cruising. Don't know that I will ever go back again.

Back