Any "must play" courses in Virginia Beach?

I played Virginia Beach National with @KY Golfer and really enjoyed it. I also heard was Riverfront Golf Club is good.

Must play courses there are not public like Cavalier Golf Club or Princess Anne CC.

Looking for suggestions. Heading there the first weekend of May.

What part of town are you in? Traffic can be bad but as long as you steer clear of the tunnels you should be fine.

VB is quite lacking in great public golf courses. There are several which are OK. Heron Ridge is best. Hell's Point....soso, VB National soso, use to be very good but notsomuch lately. Riverfront in Suffolk is closest to my house and is nice Tom Doak course. I don't play it often as they require cart. Sleepy Hole is nice layout also in Suffolk. Cypress Point is pretty nice up toward CB bridge tunnel. Personally, I run up to Williamsburg area if I want good golf and not just a round of beating balls.....Royal New Kent, Golden Horseshoe Gold, Viniterra my faves. If need to stay local...look at Heron Ridge and as a 2nd Cypress Point or VB National.

VB is quite lacking in great public golf courses. There are several which are OK. Heron Ridge is best. Hell's Point....soso, VB National soso, use to be very good but notsomuch lately. Riverfront in Suffolk is closest to my house and is nice Tom Doak course. I don't play it often as they require cart. Sleepy Hole is nice layout also in Suffolk. Cypress Point is pretty nice up toward CB bridge tunnel. Personally, I run up to Williamsburg area if I want good golf and not just a round of beating balls.....Royal New Kent, Golden Horseshoe Gold, Viniterra my faves. If need to stay local...look at Heron Ridge and as a 2nd Cypress Point or VB National.

Good advice here! If you have time and if in decent shape then Bay Creek is my favorite in the area. Golden Horseshoe Gold is borderline must play and so is Royal New Kent.

Good advice here! If you have time and if in decent shape then Bay Creek is my favorite in the area. Golden Horseshoe Gold is borderline must play and so is Royal New Kent.
Love Bay Creek but as a day play with 2 tolls at $18 each way......There is a strong rumor now that as Bay Creek has donated 350 acres which included 9 holes of Nicklaus course that they are going private.

Back