Any of you have wide feet with high instep?

misterwes31

Reaction score
Handicap
Infinity
Like the title says.. I have wide feet with high instep. If you're familiar with Allen Edmonds sizing, for example, I wear 10.5 EEE and I can't wear oxfords, only derbys.

When it comes to sneakers.. The popular and trendy style of shoes where the whole shoe is one piece and there is no slit on the sides of the tongue.. where the shoe fits like a sock, I do not fit in them and when I do, they always result in blisters. But I really like the look of the more athletic shoe profile. For example, I tried to put on a pair of Puma PWRADAPT today, and even in 11s, I couldn't even get my feet into them. I'm trying to find more running shoe like looking, spikeless shoes. Any fellow weird footed people, let's hear it!

Exact size I wear and I have great luck with the New Balance options.

Exact size I wear and I have great luck with the New Balance options.
I will look at these! I think a local shop carries a couple models as well. Thank you for your input.

Are you getting the wide or x-wide size?

Like the title says.. I have wide feet with high instep. If you're familiar with Allen Edmonds sizing, for example, I wear 10.5 EEE and I can't wear oxfords, only derbys.

When it comes to sneakers.. The popular and trendy style of shoes where the whole shoe is one piece and there is no slit on the sides of the tongue.. where the shoe fits like a sock, I do not fit in them and when I do, they always result in blisters. But I really like the look of the more athletic shoe profile. For example, I tried to put on a pair of Puma PWRADAPT today, and even in 11s, I couldn't even get my feet into them. I'm trying to find more running shoe like looking, spikeless shoes. Any fellow weird footed people, let's hear it!
Adidas and New Balance, both also have 2E Wide with NB fitting a little more roomy in the toebox, NB also has a 4E in some models

Skechers is another with a proper Wide

forget Puma and Nike and FootJoy

Last edited:
Adidas and New Balance, both also have 2E Wide with NB fitting a little more roomy in the toebox, NB also has a 4E in some models

Skechers is another with a proper Wide

forget Puma and Nike and FootJoy
i'll check out all of them.

It's weird - i have sneakers from puma and nike and they fit though. i mean they were a "little" snug at first but comfortable. maybe shoes are just evolving away from feet like these

New Balance has always been my go to sneaker. My foot is wide with a high instep.

2EE with high instep. Callaway 2W work well for me. That being said I think they are made by New Balance!

Yep. Still learning what golf shoes work for me. Tour 360 Boost fit me well. I have a wide forefoot with a high arch. I'm generally an 11.5. If I don't have arch support my foot flattens and I end up needing about a size larger and then my feet hurt. If I can find a wider toe box shoe I can add an aftermarket insole for arch support. But the volume needs to be there for the middle of the foot. If the volume is there and I get the arch support I don't need as much toe box width.

2EE with high instep. Callaway 2W work well for me. That being said I think they are made by New Balance!
New Balance and Callaway shoes are made by the same company, the names are licensed

New Balance and Callaway shoes are made by the same company, the names are licensed
Good to know. I just haven't been a fan of the big N logo New Balance puts on their shoes but looks like I'll have to suck it up and try them out! haha

Back