Any Other Car Detailing Fanatics?

Cobra

annsguy

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
Any suggestions on fixing a four inch cut in the seating area of a car seat. Right in the seating area.

choppstixxx

AK Look-a-like
Reaction score
Handicap
Any suggestions on fixing a four inch cut in the seating area of a car seat. Right in the seating area.
Usually with actual cuts/tears, you will need an automotive upholstery shop to fix something like that. If it is just normal wear/stretching you can usually buy a good two part leather cleaner/conditioner to fix it.

GraniteRoost

Albatross 2020 Club Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Polished and waxed this weekend instead of golf. First time polishing this pickup in seven years... Griots Perfecting Cream and Boss 15mm orbital made easy work. It mostly got out all the snowbrush scratches along the top of the doors on the first pass. Finished with Collinite 845 followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant - it turned out great.

C2852A0D-A5FD-4A39-8788-18166E33DFE7.jpegDBD3A4FB-E623-4088-8DC4-8824E7DB999E.jpeg4146F244-8425-4B46-AD15-AA26F8FE9117.jpeg

Midman03

Reaction score
Polished and waxed this weekend instead of golf. First time polishing this pickup in seven years... Griots Perfecting Cream and Boss 15mm orbital made easy work. It mostly got out all the snowbrush scratches along the top of the doors on the first pass. Finished with Collinite 845 followed by Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant - it turned out great.

View attachment 8952051View attachment 8952052View attachment 8952053
Look at that mirror reflection! Looks good! I really need to do this to my truck one of these days. Knowing me, I'll say the same thing in about a month.

Junkyard

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Handicap

View attachment 8952051View attachment 8952052View attachment 8952053
Looks great! I did mine about 2 months ago using Meguiar's products. There is a lot of real estate on a super crew F150!

Midman03

Reaction score
Actually @GraniteRoost, you have inspired me to take a break from THP and watching golf, and go wash my truck. It won't be looking as nice as yours though!

GraniteRoost

Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Looks great! I did mine about 2 months ago using Meguiar's products. There is a lot of real estate on a super crew F150!
You aren't kidding! 6.5 ft. bed and camper shell too 😬

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
All I do is vacuum out the 4Runner and clean the windows on the inside. I don't want anyone in my car. Just take it for exterior wash.
People have always commented how clean my vehicles look. I hate the smell of most petrochemicals, and car wax is one of em, unfortunately. I'd have to pay to have it detailed.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
I used to do mine on a regular basis, until I bought this. Did it a week and a half ago for the first time in at least a year. It’s time consuming so I usually pay for it. I also have to get started around 530 am because the sun just makes it even harder E088495F-7397-4AE5-87DF-4DB3C1B206AA.jpeg

GraniteRoost

Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
I used to do mine on a regular basis, until I bought this. Did it a week and a half ago for the first time in at least a year. It’s time consuming so I usually pay for it. I also have to get started around 530 am because the sun just makes it even harder View attachment 8952056
Looks great! I have an ARE shell on mine also. Black trucks this size are a challenge for sure... way too time consuming. I have to spread mine out over a couple days unless I get perfect conditions. Wash and Clay is a good Day 1, then polish and wax on Day 2. Not perfect, but its a process.

Blade Man

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Looks great! I have an ARE shell on mine also. Black trucks this size are a challenge for sure... way too time consuming. I have to spread mine out over a couple days unless I get perfect conditions. Wash and Clay is a good Day 1, then polish and wax on Day 2. Not perfect, but its a process.
Don’t think I could find the motivation 2 days in a row. I have a friend that owns a shop and does an amazing job twice a year. The ARE is very nice.

annsguy

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I bought my daughters white Hyundai sante Fe’s used. Both are white. Are there are products (Sealants, clay bar) I shouldn’t use on a white surface. I am afraid of yellowing.
Also what does a quick detailer do. Do I just spray it on to shine it up a little. Thanks

JB

Follow @THPGolf
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I bought my daughters white Hyundai sante Fe’s used. Both are white. Are there are products (Sealants, clay bar) I shouldn’t use on a white surface. I am afraid of yellowing.
Also what does a quick detailer do. Do I just spray it on to shine it up a little. Thanks
Most products shouldn't yellow. Some carnauba products have been known to offer a warmer tint, but outside of that, you should be fine.

choppstixxx

AK Look-a-like
Reaction score
Handicap
No sir, car detailing products do not act like a film with no UV protection. Car detailing products more so bond to the paint, so you would never get a "yellowing" effect like your thinking no matter what color your paint is. Detailing products (unless they specifically state it) in general are all color/paint safe. Quick detailer is just that, it is something to use on relatively clean paint to "quickly detail" it from dust, light dirt or just generally spot clean it (i.e. bird poop). However it is no replacement to washing your car if it's dirty and IMO I tend to use a product called Optimum No Rinse more so to replace washing my car now en days. ONR is a lot safer on the paint and easier to use/quicker, plus you use less water and can do it in the comforts of your garage.
Also your paint is only as durable/easy to maintain as how you prep/protect it. The key to longevity with any car's paint is proper initial decontamination (iron remover/clay bar), paint correction, then lastly a good paint sealant or ceramic coating. This will vastly increase the durability of your paint and allow you to easily clean it when it gets dirty.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in