Any Sports Card Collectors here

Cook place next time I go I get a tour or their personal collection which I'm sure is impressive.

Also I saw a sweet 1953 Mickey mantle that was impressive

God.....I.....have.....soooooo......many....boxes....of sports cards.....in my.....basement....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God.....I.....have.....soooooo......many....boxes....of sports cards.....in my.....basement....

Just went through some of mine to pull out the LeBron rookies

I collected them when I was a kid. Unfortunately, I only have one card left. My grandfather gave it to me when I was 10, and it's something I couldn't bring myself to sell.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have a bunch of baseball cards from the 50's, 60's, and 70', including a collection of Willie Mays cards.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I still have a bunch and still buy packs every now and then. Still fun opening packs to see what’s inside

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow. This thread takes me back. I still remember the feeling of getting my allowance every Friday and heading up to the store to spend it all on cards. I had some super valuables back in the day. Some may still be in storage in my basement. Crown jewel of course was the Michael Jordan rookie card - which I think is still in my parents safe.

I do from time to time grab a pack or two at a store, but it's a far cry from how obsessed I was as a kid. If only the cards that I had as a kid were still worth as much as they were back in the early 90s.

Yes I still collect but the industry is complicated.

Collected a lot when I was a kid. My uncle was into it at a crazy level.

Have multiple boxes of 70's and 80's hockey and baseball cards that are still in package and never opened. Hoping the market makes a comeback at some point, though I'm doubtful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I’ve still got all of mine up in the attic at my grandmas. Hundreds of thousands of cards, no exaggeration. Several special edition sets and such too. Oh, and 115 different Michael Jordan cards. Have been tempted to send some in for grading but don’t want to start that addiction again.

I’ve still got all of mine up in the attic at my grandmas. Hundreds of thousands of cards, no exaggeration. Several special edition sets and such too. Oh, and 115 different Michael Jordan cards. Have been tempted to send some in for grading but don’t want to start that addiction again.
I already have plans to go to the Midwest card and sports memorabilia show next month in Columbus lol.

Hoping it's just for a few autographs of browns players.

Also I saw my first ever pack of cards that were $135....for 1 card.

A company took cards from the 1930s and paired them up with certified autographs of the players. Cool as eff.

Owner there opened up 2 while I was there but nothing great.
he did however pull a 2of 2 ty Cobb a few weeks ago

Need help. I just inherited a set and I only know what cards were when I was 13. Now I am 42 and I think I found some gems. I have about 8 other Jeter rookies. That's half a box with about 3 more to go. Football, hockey, basketball. I had to throw in MJ golfing.
63ac52b05c74eb6550a21b424e585092.jpg
52d5ba5049576a7e070841282d505fe5.jpg
78d5a37b8c59626c4f029efc154d7a38.jpg
ce961b5145145186ae7938b0c40bf487.jpg
7d6a0db036a98872a22bcb10cd7c355b.jpg
880de440866ddfa840b575b5fcf3da1d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Almost pulled the trigger on a sweet sports memorabilia piece today.
Was a set of signed baseballs in a cool display. 4 balls total.
1. Mickey Mantle
2. Joe DiMaggio
3. Ted Williams

Won't say how much it was buy my wife was on board but I just couldn't do it.

I got even close to getting this but didn't. May go back.

Place we went to was awesome. Lots of reds stuff which I didn't care for but had some decent old cards and some sweet memorabilia
caa90e27ce873703d08455080ca5bb31.jpg

Almost pulled the trigger on a sweet sports memorabilia piece today.
Was a set of signed baseballs in a cool display. 4 balls total.
1. Mickey Mantle
2. Joe DiMaggio
3. Ted Williams

Won't say how much it was buy my wife was on board but I just couldn't do it.

I got even close to getting this but didn't. May go back.

Place we went to was awesome. Lots of reds stuff which I didn't care for but had some decent old cards and some sweet memorabilia
caa90e27ce873703d08455080ca5bb31.jpg
Really cool. I actually have some Hank Aaron stuff signed. Balls and a bat or 2. My uncle (Joe Andrews)was his protector when he 1st started playing baseball. They became best friends during that time and held on tight until my uncle passed away. Got to carry his golf bag for him when I was 9. Lol

I have recently started collecting cards again as an adult. Kind of disappointing to see that Panini runs a monopoly on NFL and NBA. Currently collecting all Detroit sports and favorite athletes. I just acquired some beautiful Chipper Jones autos.

Prubey...it looks like you drive the ball 450-475. Man you are uncorking the swing. Saaaweet

I've got a decent amount of Cincinnati Reds cards, including a sizable Barry Larkin collection. Haven't really collected much in the last few years, but I tend to get the bug every once in a while around Opening Day.

Need help. I just inherited a set and I only know what cards were when I was 13. Now I am 42 and I think I found some gems. I have about 8 other Jeter rookies. That's half a box with about 3 more to go. Football, hockey, basketball. I had to throw in MJ golfing.
63ac52b05c74eb6550a21b424e585092.jpg
52d5ba5049576a7e070841282d505fe5.jpg
78d5a37b8c59626c4f029efc154d7a38.jpg
ce961b5145145186ae7938b0c40bf487.jpg
7d6a0db036a98872a22bcb10cd7c355b.jpg
880de440866ddfa840b575b5fcf3da1d.jpg

Nice set! A bunch of those Nolan Ryans are reprint insert sets, so it would be interesting to see the resale value based on the amount they printed. Those Jeter foils are legit, but took a bit of a hit over the past few years... used to be $300 each even without grading, although they could climb up again after he is inducted... oh and that Jordan card is just plain cool!

I have recently started collecting cards again as an adult. Kind of disappointing to see that Panini runs a monopoly on NFL and NBA. Currently collecting all Detroit sports and favorite athletes. I just acquired some beautiful Chipper Jones autos.

I’ve started to get back into collecting too. Instead of packs though I’ll try to find rookie autos/jersey cards on eBay for a decent price. Occasionally I’ll buy a pack or box. It’s been a lot of fun getting back into collecting cards.

I’ve started to get back into collecting too. Instead of packs though I’ll try to find rookie autos/jersey cards on eBay for a decent price. Occasionally I’ll buy a pack or box. It’s been a lot of fun getting back into collecting cards.

Yeah, I am doing the same. Sometimes I enjoy buying packs or boxes but the risk vs reward isn't worth it imo. If there is anything you are looking for in particular let me know, I probably have it.

Once the Bowman Chrome (Baseball) came out this year just a couple weeks ago I was reminded how infuriated I am with the industry.

There is a young player/pick (a few of them) on my Twins that I wanted to get their RC before they get going in the next season or two and while their Panini (Donruss??) rookies had been out for a little while and fairly priced, even though they had limited numbers and autos and jersey cards, now that the Bowman Chrome has come out it's insane how worthless they now look.

For example, there is one draft pick we think will be in the Bigs this year, and there was his one-of-one auto rookie that I bid on at the last second and missed by a few bucks probably (it sold just over $50 bucks I believe), so...that would be one of his most valuable cards, right? Since it came out before this year's BCs?

Well...his "red refractor" auto (1/5) that has just come out a year or more LATER than the Panini has a BIN of like $750!!!.

Moreover, all his other "refractors" that are "limited" are all going for insane amounts...for an unproven rookie.

He was a high pick, but there is still no way to know if he'll make it, yet people are paying $150.00 for a auto "RC" that is numbered to /50 or /75.

It's nuts. It piss-s me off.

Is there gold or something in the Bowman Chromes?

When I was a kid, THE card to have was the '89 Griffey UD...but consequently I think that UD card/company changed the game forever. It wasn't good enough for card companies' cards to just make their own value; they started manufacturing "value" with numbered cards and things of that nature. Back around that time if you got a card numbered to 1000 it was a big deal. Now it has to have a auto at least, and even then it's not going to be even close to the best card to have. And like a lot of you I always wanted the BEST card of a player.

Anyways, graded cards and things of that nature changed the game for a little while as well. There was more I wanted to say but I lost my train of thought lol.

In short I am once again reminded why I sort of faded away from the industry/hobby.

Oh I remember what I wanted to say - the last COOL RC card that I recall coming out that you could kind of nail it ahead of time had you got dozens of them was the Kurt Warner double RC with the WR (I forget his name) - had you got dozens of them for $.99 cents a piece?? you could have flipped them after he won the SB and all that. That was what always made it fun for me as a kid, but that isn't as possible as before. It's still possible to "hit" on an unknown player and root for said player, but it's just not the same with all the "refractors" and certain companies being more significant.

I'll stop now.

Once the Bowman Chrome (Baseball) came out this year just a couple weeks ago I was reminded how infuriated I am with the industry.

There is a young player/pick (a few of them) on my Twins that I wanted to get their RC before they get going in the next season or two and while their Panini (Donruss??) rookies had been out for a little while and fairly priced, even though they had limited numbers and autos and jersey cards, now that the Bowman Chrome has come out it's insane how worthless they now look.

For example, there is one draft pick we think will be in the Bigs this year, and there was his one-of-one auto rookie that I bid on at the last second and missed by a few bucks probably (it sold just over $50 bucks I believe), so...that would be one of his most valuable cards, right? Since it came out before this year's BCs?

Well...his "red refractor" auto (1/5) that has just come out a year or more LATER than the Panini has a BIN of like $750!!!.

Moreover, all his other "refractors" that are "limited" are all going for insane amounts...for an unproven rookie.

He was a high pick, but there is still no way to know if he'll make it, yet people are paying $150.00 for a auto "RC" that is numbered to /50 or /75.

It's nuts. It piss-s me off.

Is there gold or something in the Bowman Chromes?

When I was a kid, THE card to have was the '89 Griffey UD...but consequently I think that UD card/company changed the game forever. It wasn't good enough for card companies' cards to just make their own value; they started manufacturing "value" with numbered cards and things of that nature. Back around that time if you got a card numbered to 1000 it was a big deal. Now it has to have a auto at least, and even then it's not going to be even close to the best card to have. And like a lot of you I always wanted the BEST card of a player.

Anyways, graded cards and things of that nature changed the game for a little while as well. There was more I wanted to say but I lost my train of thought lol.

In short I am once again reminded why I sort of faded away from the industry/hobby.

Oh I remember what I wanted to say - the last COOL RC card that I recall coming out that you could kind of nail it ahead of time had you got dozens of them was the Kurt Warner double RC with the WR (I forget his name) - had you got dozens of them for $.99 cents a piece?? you could have flipped them after he won the SB and all that. That was what always made it fun for me as a kid, but that isn't as possible as before. It's still possible to "hit" on an unknown player and root for said player, but it's just not the same with all the "refractors" and certain companies being more significant.

I'll stop now.
I agree, the kicker is, if you get a rookie auto or rookie insert that is parallel to the series card dealers will try and sell you on "that's not a true RC" etc... even when Beckett used to list it as 3x value etc... I have a couple Topps Jeter RC gold cards, and a Vince Carter "Blue" RC that are parallel inserts with the same photo etc that multiple dealers have assured me is worth less than the original RC (yeah right) despite being the same but a much harder pull.

lost my entire baseball card collection from when I was a kid so I have been thinking of getting back into it and having my son jump in with me. Hopefully we come across some gems he can keep

Does anyone know if Beckett still makes their (monthly??) price guide?

It's literally been probably 15 years since I bought one.

Does anyone know if Beckett still makes their (monthly??) price guide?

It's literally been probably 15 years since I bought one.

yes they sure do, and I think they also have an online subscription to be able to look items up there

Don't you love that? same thing happened to me when I was younger. I was a Craig Biggio fan and couldn't find a Donruss Rated Rookie to save my ass...finally found one and paid $10 more than market.

I did for a long time. Then I started just buying Jose Canseco cards. He was my dude. I have a couple hundred of his cards. All worth maybe a dollar now total. I can't tell you how much I spent over the years buying his cards. A couple grand I'm sure. The one card that eluded me for years was his Donruss rookie. I couldn't find it or afford it. Then one day I was at a show and a guy had it for $30. I snagged it and was happy. I went two rows over and a guy had it for $15. I wasn't so happy after that.

Back