Any Sports Card Collectors here

I have a baseball card somewhere from when he was in the White Sox organization.

Had this one growing up.

s-l300.jpg

I think I have a few of those, along with a few other MJ cards

yes they sure do, and I think they also have an online subscription to be able to look items up there

I wonder where the heck I could even get one. lol

We had this magazine store called "Schinders" that all but went gone I think. I can't recall the last time I have seen one in all the locations they used to be (there might be one left Downtown but I am not sure about that).

I honestly don't even know where to get these things called "magazines" anymore. lol

I wonder where the heck I could even get one. lol

We had this magazine store called "Schinders" that all but went gone I think. I can't recall the last time I have seen one in all the locations they used to be (there might be one left Downtown but I am not sure about that).

I honestly don't even know where to get these things called "magazines" anymore. lol

Most of the card shops dont even bother with them anymore, they look at sold prices on ebay and auction sites to determine value from what ive seen.

Had this one growing up.

s-l300.jpg

I've got quite a few of those. I've also got a few of the matching Frank Thomas RC from the same set. In the early 90's I brokered boxes and cases between some major dealers in WNY and NW Penn. I couldn't tell you how many packs I opened those years but it was in the 1,000's. I've still got some unopened boxes of 91-92 UD Czech hockey (Paul Kariya Rookies) in my basement in pristine condition. Somehow I ended up with a case of them and decided to open half and save the others. It's also got some really cool Gretzky hologram cards in it.

Most of the card shops dont even bother with them anymore, they look at sold prices on ebay and auction sites to determine value from what ive seen.

I'm actually just trying to find how many numbered auto rookies there are of one player from 2013. I have one of said players 1 of 25 autos and I want to know that company had him sign an even more limited rookie card from their company that year.

I'm actually just trying to find how many numbered auto rookies there are of one player from 2013. I have one of said players 1 of 25 autos and I want to know that company had him sign an even more limited rookie card from their company that year.

Go to beckett.com and type in the players name, there should be a pretty good break down there.

Don't you love that? same thing happened to me when I was younger. I was a Craig Biggio fan and couldn't find a Donruss Rated Rookie to save my ass...finally found one and paid $10 more than market.

Yep. I guess it's the way the "game" works. I was looking the other night on Ebay trying to get pricing for some of the Canseco items I have. I'm thinking of unloading what I have because I just don't have the desire for it. Looking at prices on there, I'll probably just put it all in a box and let me son inherit it from me when I die. Maybe then it'll be worth something. :sad:

Go to beckett.com and type in the players name, there should be a pretty good break down there.

Are they charging? I went to their site and it seemed like everything was a charge/fee? I'm just a moderate collector - really I kind of just have with some of the up-and-coming Twins players (and to a much lesser extent other players/teams) who I root for anyways so I like to be nostalgic and buy their RCs some times just to have fun with it.

Are they charging? I went to their site and it seemed like everything was a charge/fee? I'm just a moderate collector - really I kind of just have with some of the up-and-coming Twins players (and to a much lesser extent other players/teams) who I root for anyways so I like to be nostalgic and buy their RCs some times just to have fun with it.

Just look on the left side of the screen after you type their name in, you don't have to pay.

I got it. Thank you. Typed player's name in and have a general idea what they released that year.

I got it. Thank you. Typed player's name in and have a general idea what they released that year.

No problem, I used to be a crazy collector. Haven't done much lately myself.

Going through some boxes this morning. I should be hitting the 80s and 70s boxes soon.
76fa03913001a69004c015677c8fc9e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Done with 2 boxes and my eyes are killing me. Found the a few more Team USA McGuire and a whole bunch of Griffey and Tom Brady.
fcf0defba1b49106959f9ab8829fb824.jpg

Still going. Getting to the early 90s late 80s
343e43853034964250321ebe1f29fd23.jpg
e4056607cfe991c4d724d585f87bb51e.jpg

Also a funny lol.
Evidently at some point I thought Clinton Portis was going to be amazing. Because I collected like all of his rare cards with autos etc.

Whoops guess I was wrong.

May be heading up to Columbus next weekend for the Midwest sports spectacular. Quite a few current and former browns and OSU guys will be there.

Might try for autos of:
Nick Chubb
Denzel Ward
Eddie George
Jarvis Landry
Nick Bosa

Still going. Getting to the early 90s late 80s
343e43853034964250321ebe1f29fd23.jpg
e4056607cfe991c4d724d585f87bb51e.jpg

Looks like some great cards of some of the greats! Keep sharing photos of your finds.

My son has recently become interested in collecting hockey cards. Anything to get him away from the xbox i'm in favor of. It also helps as he reads the Beckett and he rarely reads anything. I've been bringing him every other week to the local card store and let him pick up a few packs and supplies usually about $40 worth).

I decided to dig through my stuff and find the remaining cards from when I collected. It blew him away when i showed him my Gretzky rookie, lol. I told him back in the day I had every O-Pee-Chee set from 79-80 all the way to 90-91. The I started pulling out the old T-206 baseball cards and he wasn't impressed (not a baseball fan) until I explained to him how old they were.

It's nice to have a common hobby with my 15 year old. I told him he needs a job soon though so he can buy his own cards!

Just found a trunk my dad had full of cards and thought of this thread. Thought these were lost as this is a mix of cards from my childhood and some other ones.

Having a 7 yr old I will prob hold onto them but this will be good to dive into at a later time

Still going. I think I have every Jeter roolie theh made. Found a 1950s and 60s box in the middle of all the rest and keep finding a letter about a Mantle rookie. Still searching for it.
7930ec3b61c7bb6395e22ab46ba38651.jpg
b06a975b8e41b4dafc9f87c81f7d2e44.jpg

Also a funny lol.
Evidently at some point I thought Clinton Portis was going to be amazing. Because I collected like all of his rare cards with autos etc.

Whoops guess I was wrong.

May be heading up to Columbus next weekend for the Midwest sports spectacular. Quite a few current and former browns and OSU guys will be there.

Might try for autos of:
Nick Chubb
Denzel Ward
Eddie George
Jarvis Landry
Nick Bosa
It's alright dude... my dad and I collected cards and went all in on Corey Patterson (who?)... it happens

Done for the night but found some cool Jeter rookies minus the doubles.
f84d23e742507c29d625e3e4bb5ce0bc.jpg

Looks like some great cards of some of the greats! Keep sharing photos of your finds.

My son has recently become interested in collecting hockey cards. Anything to get him away from the xbox i'm in favor of. It also helps as he reads the Beckett and he rarely reads anything. I've been bringing him every other week to the local card store and let him pick up a few packs and supplies usually about $40 worth).

I decided to dig through my stuff and find the remaining cards from when I collected. It blew him away when i showed him my Gretzky rookie, lol. I told him back in the day I had every O-Pee-Chee set from 79-80 all the way to 90-91. The I started pulling out the old T-206 baseball cards and he wasn't impressed (not a baseball fan) until I explained to him how old they were.

It's nice to have a common hobby with my 15 year old. I told him he needs a job soon though so he can buy his own cards!

O-Pee-Chee hockey. :joy: Freakin' Jackpot. Loved those sets. Nice way to introduce your young one to the hobby.

the only cards I have are a handful of my Great Uncle, Phil Cavarretta, who played for the Cubs in the 40's.

Back