Sports Memorabilia Thread

I started to set up a man cave room but never finished. I took an old football helmet and painted it to match the University of Michigan, built a small shuffleboard table, and an eight foot craps table. Had a bunch of jersey that I never got around to displaying.

I have some random stuff I forgot about and would like to get rid of. Autographed football jerseys mostly

Wanted to see if anyone shared the same hobby as I do. While, I do not collect all sports and players, I tend to lean towards only Colts.

Couple of pics of the mancave with signed mini and full size helmets, jersey, etc. etc.

View attachment 8930300View attachment 8930301View attachment 8930302View attachment 8930303
I had to zoom in to see the name on that “32” jersey. I am so “old school” that 32 will always mean Mike Curtis. When I was a kid my brother & I got to meet Johnny Unitas... and he autographed a picture for each of us. Still have it. Big fan of the OLD guys like Unitas, Berry, Lenny Moore, John Mackey, etc., and still have old football cards.

Resurrecting Old Threads, I love it.

I don't have a TON of memorabilia, but I collect sports cards, mostly of my favorite St. Louis Cardinals Players.

I have a couple of autographed baseballs as well as a PSA 9 Ticket from the 2011 World Series game I was at where Pujols tied the record for most home runs in a World Series game.

I have more autographs in my mancave than I can count. Ted Williams, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle, etc. on the 1989 500 HR ball is probably the star of the show.

20220406_111127.jpg20220406_111340.jpg20220406_111400.jpg20220406_111409.jpg20220406_114002.jpg20220406_114045.jpg20220406_114050.jpg20220406_113910.jpg20220406_113937.jpg

Attachments

• 20220406_111256.jpg
    20220406_111256.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 8
Awesome stuff there.
Here's a Babe Ruth connection. Carl Hubbell consectutively struck Ruth, Gehrig, Foxx, Simmons and Cronin in the 34 All Star Game. Opening day in 1935 Ruth, a Boston Brave by then, homered off of Hubbell.

Attachments

• 20220406_150707.jpg
    20220406_150707.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 4
Here's a Babe Ruth connection. Carl Hubbell consectutively struck Ruth, Gehrig, Foxx, Simmons and Cronin in the 34 All Star Game. Opening day in 1935 Ruth, a Boston Brave by then, homered off of Hubbell.

I'm lucky enough to live 1.5 hours from Cooperstown. I have a family membership to HOF and we try to make it at least twice a year. Love stories like the one above.

I'm lucky enough to live 1.5 hours from Cooperstown. I have a family membership to HOF and we try to make it at least twice a year. Love stories like the one above.
I was a Memphis Redbirds season ticket holder from 2001-2019. Cardinal's Triple A team. Pretty much have all the Cardinals that came through there except the big one, Albert Pujols. Early on they had an event called Legends Night. Got quite a few HOFrs then. Also had dinner with Bill Mazeroski and the late Tom Tresh during that.

I got back into the baseball card collecting world (like lots of others) once Covid hit. But, I dont really like purchasing new packs and boxes and tons of cards. I prefer just hand picking cards for purchase on Ebay. Vintage Cleveland Indians is my thing!

Nice man, quite a collection! Any Cleveland Indians material you'd be interested in selling?
Sorry, no Rocky Colavitos or Al Rosens in the collection. 65% Cardinals.

Building out a viewing room and have some stuff coming, but wanted to share a few of what will be going up so far. There will be a number of things still to come too.

IMG_9094.jpeg

IMG_9122.jpeg

IMG_9121.jpeg

IMG_9120.jpeg
IMG_9123.jpg

IMG_9114.jpeg

IMG_9115.jpeg

@JB This is awesome! Cannot wait to see it once it is all set up.

@JB This is awesome! Cannot wait to see it once it is all set up.
Thanks. Its such an eclectic mixture, including entertainment and sports. I will say it makes it much easier not having a favorite team, and going with players that we both like.

That Roy Kent jersey is straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥

That Roy Kent jersey is straight 🔥🔥🔥🔥
There will be this spot that will have athlete/movie or TV.
Willie Beamen signed by Jamie Fox
Roy Kent signed by Goldstein
I need a third. I wanted it to be a Jersey signed by Tom Selleck in Mr. Baseball, but that pretty much doesnt exist. So I am back to the drawing board.

Thanks. Its such an eclectic mixture, including entertainment and sports. I will say it makes it much easier not having a favorite team, and going with players that we both like.

Ya I imagine that makes it a little easier :LOL:

The new THP Cave is going look great. There is an importance to having an area all for ourselves. My wife has her room/office, and I have my basement.

Enjoy the collection and the fun of it continuing to build over time.

The new THP Cave is going look great. There is an importance to having an area all for ourselves. My wife has her room/office, and I have my basement.

Enjoy the collection and the fun of it continuing to build over time.
Hahha, this is something for both GG and I. She is the fantasy football person in this household.

Nice collection. I have a bunch of helmets full and mini. A few jerseys and a football and a pylon. All Buffalo Bills. Just need to find a house with a nice place for a man cave

I have a few things from years ago I’ve never framed. Jim Brown and Barry Sanders auto jerseys. Did you frame them yourself? Use any type of specific frame/shadow box?

I have a few things from years ago I’ve never framed. Jim Brown and Barry Sanders auto jerseys. Did you frame them yourself? Use any type of specific frame/shadow box?
We have a framing place nearby that will do the work for us. I know they have some kits you can buy as well.

We have a framing place nearby that will do the work for us. I know they have some kits you can buy as well.
That’s a smart idea. I never could get it to look right.

Back