Anybody done for the Golf Season due to weather?

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
It seems like it was just a few weeks ago that I was in Idaho golfing. Back home on the left coast now, and my FIL says snow is predicted In Coeur d'Alene for Friday. I feel for you in cold climates. Anybody else done, or close to being done for the season?

12" of snow Sunday and Monday is going to pretty much shut us down as the course normally closes Oct. 31. We will be driving to the valley to play thereafter

Yeah let's go with that .. I'm calling it quits because of the weather. Yeah that's it. ;)

There's a chance we still get some decent weather but considering it snowed (melted right away) and we're expecting wicked cold temps next week I'm probably done. It's a good thing I love my wife or I'd be out of here!

We are going down to play Los Caballeros in Wickenburg this weekend. It is supposed to be cooling down to the mid-80s. Snow and a low around 20 here in Flagstaff on Monday but warming up to the 60s next week, but mid to upper 70s in Sedona which is just fine with us.

Season is over here but I'm moving to FL in ~10 days so the show will go on in 2020!

Not quite there yet. This is usually around the time that the season ends.

I almost had to put on a quarter zip when we teed off at 7:00 this morning, temp was in the 60s and I was in a polo and shorts. :LOL:

Getting close but hopefully can get in a couple of more rounds this weekend.🤞

It seems like it was just a few weeks ago that I was in Idaho golfing. Back home on the left coast now, and my FIL says snow is predicted In Coeur d'Alene for Friday. I feel for you in cold climates. Anybody else done, or close to being done for the season?

I'm 45 minutes down the road from CD'A in Spokane and we're expecting 3-5 inches on Friday. Coming from AZ, I'm a little bummed since it's still in the 90's there.

Tomorrow it’s going to be in the 70s and it may be my last chance for short sleeves this year. We are going to have a hard time getting into the 50s for the foreseeable future after that. Regular rounds are about over for me.

Winter just kicked into high gear. Snow, cold, and even some extreme cold in the next few days. There may be a little window yet, but I wouldn't bet on it right now. Sim golf is likely my game for awhile.

I love winter and snow sport outdoor activities. However, as golf continues to become more important to me, I do find myself at least considering alt winter options. Within a couple of years we may head south for a few months each winter.

It looks like it's over a week or two early but I love to hunt and ski so it's easy for me to take a break from golf. I'm hunting with an old friend on Friday and will be skiing within a week or two.

I hope not

Maybe 9 holes tomorrow

Glow Ball Friday

18 Sunday

36 next weekend

and 36 Turkey Shoot scramble planned for first week in Nov

getting close outside but just finished my sim so golf all year :)

Yeah, season is on life support up here :(

We are done here. First big snowfall yesterday, but all the courses had closed as of Sunday night.

Realistically, I haven't been on a course since July probably, so I have been done for a while unfortunately.

Still a few warm days predicted here, but this time of year, the warm fronts usually come with lots of rain. Hopefully I will squeeze in a couple more rounds but I think most of my golf between now.amd end of season will be lunch hour at the range when it's not raining.

BTW, my winter time last year on the sim (at least a couple of times per week) was satisfying. it may not be green grass golf, but the ability to work on the swing with data (even took a couple of lessons), play virtual courses for fun, and test equipment is hardly an off season. Golf doesn't have to shut down for us winter folk. :cool:

Never done in south GA!

Definitely squeezing in every last opportunity at this point. Most courses closed after this weekend, my favorites are already. Going to have to drive south from here on out until late April.

Not yet but we are probably about a month to 6 weeks away from serious golf. I played every month last year but golf in December-March can be spotty up here.

Today is the first fall type day of the year, meaning highs in the low 70’s. The season here is year round , only pants and a 1/4 zip will come in to play soon.

Back