Anybody done for the Golf Season due to weather?

About 8" of snow at the house this morning. 3-5 more tomorrow. And then the bitter cold. I'm going to practice sand shots using snow as a surrogate for sand ... :p
Jeez that much already?! None of that has made it's way here lol

27 holes booked for Sunday, supposed to be high of 45° with 9-15 mph winds, could be the end!:(

27 holes booked for Sunday, supposed to be high of 45° with 9-15 mph winds, could be the end!:(

I hear you. I'm playing Sunday with a high forecasted for 49. I haven't played in weather that cold for some time, so I'll have to see how I feel about.

I hear you. I'm playing Sunday with a high forecasted for 49. I haven't played in weather that cold for some time, so I'll have to see how I feel about.
Yup, and I'm doing the "in fashion" hoodie with a vest over my thermals! 🤣🤣

My daughter is in Tampa. I'm usually there 5-6 times a year. But with NY's travel restrictions and quarantine requirements affecting my ability to travel out of state, I currently have no plans to go to FL. And were it not for those travel restrictions, my wife and I would have been there this weekend and again for Thanksgiving.

Bummer. Crazy how each state is different for Covid travel restrictions. Airline travel is still down about 60% over last year but has picked up a lot since the spring.

Looks like it may be over here in Mn but you never know. Looking to head somewhere warm in November to play though.

Golf never ends in south Alabama. :cool:

77 and sunny today here in Ohio. I'm heading out for a few holes after work. It might be one of the last nice days we have until March/April (or July, lol).

Smart!

The weather here right now is not ideal for golf...at all. We should get a few more nice days before the winter weather sets in though. I REALLY want to get out and play.
And just like that, I was invited to play in a scramble Saturday. Forecast is calling for a high of 48 degrees. I've never golfed in that cool of weather. At least the sun will be out.

Which brings up another question. I've never golfed in anything but shorts. Are Dockers acceptable apparel on the golf course?

And just like that, I was invited to play in a scramble Saturday. Forecast is calling for a high of 48 degrees. I've never golfed in that cool of weather. At least the sun will be out.

Which brings up another question. I've never golfed in anything but shorts. Are Dockers acceptable apparel on the golf course?

I'm just getting warmed up. I lived in OH and western NY most of my life so I understand what you guys are going through. In saying that, the weather here in Vegas is getting down to temps I like to play in, mostly 60-70's.

As for the Dockers, I've golfed in them several times including a couple of country clubs. I wouldn't see them as an issue as long as they're not worn or torn. Just my couple of lincolns worth.

Last edited:
In Texas, our mild weather season is just starting. Gets dicey now and then, but one can layer.

I would guess another month or so before the rain and snow arrives. Trying to squeeze a handful more rounds in before then

Looks like we may get about a week's reprieve--at least on sunny, calm days :)

forget about your job - forget about where the family wants to be - always live where you can play golf 12 months a year.

What did I know? I thought the course would close Sunday due to snow, but instead we are closed now due to wildfires!

AC91B36E-369C-4373-B45C-2AFDBAAEC8DB.pngHoping to get out next Friday where it will be mid 60’s. Maybe some time during the week

I’m really disappointed my season is coming to an end. I played yesterday in mid 70’s temps and not extremely well. As the weather has gotten worse, I haven’t been practicing almost at all and my play yesterday showed it. I want to keep playing but I’m going to have to take it inside just as I thought things might be coming together.

We're supposed to get 3-5 inches of snow over the weekend so....yea, that combined with my knee replacement surgery on Wednesday....my season is officially over.

Back