Anybody here do the bucket?

Payton333

Reaction score
Handicap
For the last 5 or 6 years I’ve preferred bucket hats when playing golf. I like the extra sun protection and honestly I also like that it’s rather unique. I hardly ever see them at my own course and when I do it’s like a long lost cousin just showed up at the family reunion. Usually I’ll scan eBay during the winter and pick up a couple for the new season. By the end of the year they’re looking ready for retirement 😂
Always the same model of late, “the Nicklaus” by a company called Ahead. They seem to make custom hats for a lot of course and events so I’ve got quite an eclectic collection.
Anyone else rock the bucket hat? If you do, I tip my floppy brim to you;-)

I have two buckets - a small brim and a large brim depending on the conditions/how I feel. With the heat that we had this summer, they were necessary to prevent mad burning, even with higher SPF sunscreen on ears and neck.

One weird thing I find with buckets though is that they have taught me that I use my peripheral vision way more than expected as the area to the left of my left eye starts to get blocked and that weirds me out - especially while putting.

Yep, I use buckets quite often to help protect against the sun.

I use a bucket occasionally. Most often I go without a hat....but if I hat I bucket.

I have a bucket hat that I sprayed with water repellent for use if there's a chance of rain during the round. Unfortunately, we've been in a drought for so long I can't remember if it's a Callaway or Ping hat. :unsure::oops:

For sun protection I use a wide brimmed "Greg Norman" style hat.

I have 3 bucket hats. A puma, UA and a Coolibar. The Coolibar gets the most use on the course, just fits my dome the best and gives great up coverage.

I keep a bucket hat in the bag in case of rain. Being in our late 60's, and confirmed cart riders due to having really creaky knees from too much football, basketball, and baseball in our youth, it's just easier to hunt shade to keep the sun off.

Just ordered my first bucket. I've always been a baseball cap hat guy but had the urge to see how the other side lives

I do the P hat. They're my favorite.

Just ordered my first bucket. I've always been a baseball cap hat guy but had the urge to see how the other side lives
Welcome to the Bucket Club!

Always wear a brig brim hat. If looks like windy conditions then will also bring a traditional hat with me.

I have four bucket hats and it is pretty much the only style of hat I golf in. History of [skin] cancer in my family so I do not take any chances.

I have 3 currently and that is all i am wearing in this Texas Summer

Wide brim floppy for me. In less sunny times I'll swap it for a boonie hat.

On really sunny days. I wear a sun hat with a 3 inch brim.

I finally pulled the trigger on an Aussie hat a couple of weeks back. It seems to keep things a couple of degrees cooler for me, plus I don't have to worry about frying my ears.

Love my bucket hat for those really hot sunny days to keep from getting burnt

See tons of them here in San Diego

I’ve gone way past the bucket.

cancer sucks.
1658443020167.png

Definitely bucket hats in the summer. Being folically challenged, any other hats give me weird tan lines (straight line or half moons on the back of my bald ass head)

I need to move over to a bucket hat…more protection from the sun.

I used to wear a bucket years ago, but haven't in a while. Need to look at what's out there and if I like anything.

Just grabbed a Palm bucket...

Back