Anybody here do the bucket?

I will have to try one out one of these days. If I don’t have to slather my neck in sunscreen that would make me happy.

I will have to try one out one of these days. If I don’t have to slather my neck in sunscreen that would make me happy.
My ears and neck were quite comfortable today

I get a lot more calls about skin cancer follow ups with ears than necks, just an FYI
I’ve definitely torched my ears a time or two. Duly noted 👊.

refer to PFP (y)(n)?

I have a nice reversible white/gray UA bucket hat. I almost bought a XXIO bucket hat the other day

I have a Columbia bucket that I have started wearing. I can't handle sun burn much anymore.

I have started to wear bucket hats in the last 2 months or so. Initially bought the Titleist aussie hat but was not comfortable with such a wide brimmed hat. Wife and I happened to be in Costco and found an Adidas bucket so I got that one to give it a shot. I really liked it after cutting the "strings" off of it, I just found that they got in the way too much. The brim to me, has to be rigid. Have a couple bucket hats that were used for pool time a long time ago and those are floppy which is fine for pool time but not so much for golf.

I have now purchased a Nike one that I like a lot too, it is really nice and cool.

My neck and ears thank me as they are not burning like they are prone to do even with multiple sunscreen applications.

William Murray Golf floppy one is on my head in my profile pic.
Mission Cool tan and Nike Dri Fit Golf white are in rotation too.

Picked up a Mission boonie hat yesterday because the summer is wrecking my Saturdays after a round of golf, so anything that makes the summer a little more tolerable is worth a try.

I tried to but the brim kept hitting my hands on the follow through

This is pretty much the one I wear all the time (Dermatologist's orders):

41jjcpvBOhL._AC_.jpg

Dorfman Pacific Co Men's Soaker

Highly recommended.
Does the brim hold it's shape well?

Does the brim hold it's shape well?

It does. After a couple years it starts to look a bit ratty and sweat-stained, but since they're only $32, I just replace it when that happens.

My head is too fat. Any recomandations for a brand that makes larger ones?

I use to wear a bucket hat, but these days I wear a wide brim, floppy hat when I golf. I've worn the same one for 12+ years.

About once a month, it goes into the washing machine, is air dried naturally. Just before it is completely dry, I wear it to ensure a good fit. These multiple washes have made it a floppy hat.

I have a second, same hat in much greater condition I wear for more serious occasions.

Just ordered my first bucket. With as much as I’m in the sun I need to.

I can't find a bucket that I like... but I do like a good wide brim hat! I've got a giant noggin though... so finding one that fits is not easy. For reference, this hat brim is 13" wide...

1661182436735.png

What brand is that?

My head is too fat. Any recomandations for a brand that makes larger ones?

I have a big ol' melon head, too. This one is a great fit.

1661182963902.png

I have an older REI hat that I love, but don't make any more. when I need to replace it I will likely do so with a Columbia or Outdoor Research.
I also have this hat which I really like on the hottest of days. the band does a good job of soaking up sweat... also made in the USA.
I also have a camo boonie that I really like to wear but it doesn't match well with a lot of my golf wear...
Otherwise, I have a handful of bucket hats some light weight, some less so... some I'll wear only at my local muni only and some that are a bit more classed up for fancier occasions. I don't enjoy overly floppy brims either so ones that I end up with that are floppy or become floppy become more cabin or leisure hats.

Back