Anybody sold anything on eBay recently?

Chef23

2023 Srixon Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have some miscellaneous clubs to sell and they haven't gotten any real interest in the BST. Maybe my prices are too high not sure. I am thinking of throwing them up on eBay but if there is no action that probably doesn't make sense either. If you have sold stuff recently and had success I would be interested to hear that. If you haven't had any action I would be interested in that also.

eBay is hit and miss. Just take into account the fees and it's worth it most of the time.

I have some miscellaneous clubs to sell and they haven't gotten any real interest in the BST. Maybe my prices are too high not sure. I am thinking of throwing them up on eBay but if there is no action that probably doesn't make sense either. If you have sold stuff recently and had success I would be interested to hear that. If you haven't had any action I would be interested in that also.
All depends on what you're trying to sell. I sold a few things a little while back. Prices seem to be down a little bit. But, if you have something that is in demand, it seems to be business as usual at least from my perspective.

I’m doing a lot of selling on there as a way to supplement our income while we are both home from work. Interest level all depends on the item. Had a P790 udi that people were hitting me with multiple offers immediately. At the same time, had a KBS Hybrid shaft i ended up selling for $11 since was no interest.

Take a look at the recent sales of items that are the same as what you want to sell. That will give an idea of where you should be with price.

Why not try the Marketplace here on the THP forums?

Sorry I missed that part, was just a thought though.

I'm not selling as fast as I would like, which could be pricing or just not having anything desirable. I am noticing on buying things are a lot slower to deliver.

i prefer other options and usually use ebay as a last resort when i want to try and move something. i hate selling on ebay but it's hard to beat the exposure.

Seems to be going in spurts for me. Sale prices were real good a few weeks ago, then not great the next, then until this weekend they were really really good. All the sudden interest seemed to wane again Friday. Overall I'd say it's a pretty good seller's market on that particular site right now for higher end stuff, and not as much with older stuff. There seems to be a lot of it right now, understandably.

Any thoughts on the best time to end an auction?

Always evening, I like either Friday or Saturday nights because people have usually had a few drinks and are a little looser with their wallets!

i Sold a few drivers. No issues selling on eBay. Price it right and it will move. As others suggested you can search a club on eBay then filter for completed sales and that will give you the most recent sale prices.

I have sold several things on there over the past 6 weeks. You definitely get a much larger audience to sell to. I have sold several things to people from other countires through their global shipping program. All you have to do is send it to Kentucky and they take care of the rest. Really easy and expands your potential buyer pool by a great deal. I always list my products as an auction with the bare minimum I will sell them for when taking into account fees and such and sell the majority of my items as buyer pays shipping. Just have to be patient sometimes and not drop prices to move it to the point where you are going to regret it after it sells.

Try and not use eBay myself as they give horrible exchange rates compared to what our dollar is always worth. Another 6-8 cents per dollar then don’t get me started on the import and service charges.

Haven’t had a lot up but did sell a Hzrdus Smoke Yellow Small Batch last week. As you had it here and no action. No issues here. I always try here on BST first, after a week its off to the bay.

eBay is tough because you have to work in the fees and shipping just to get a decent final price. Example I list something for $250 to get $200 when it’s all said and done.
When there’s places like 2nd swing that obviously don’t have fees and free shipping. Someone’s going to pay 2nd swing the $200.
Why buy from me at $250? It’s tough!

Honestly, my favorite is Wednesday/Thursday. People start shopping again the minute they didn't get (lost) what they wanted over the weekend, and other people start looking well before the weekend and haven't spent their weekend money yet. So I list sometimes Saturday or Sunday night for a 3-day or 5-day auction. Seem to do well with it. Breaks up my weekend listings and I like being able to get that stuff out in the post Friday instead of ending one Fri. or Sat. night and having to do it all Monday morning.

Last edited:
Recently sold a shaft. Listed it back in December so it took forever. But it sold and that’s what’s important to me.
Yea fees suck. Yes haggling sucks. But what ya gonna do.
Ups and usps and fedex are all crapped up. Make sure you pay extra for insurance. Lost packages and broken items galore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your prices on the BST are very fair.

I sell a ton of stuff on ebay. You just need to know going in that you will lose 10% of the selling price to ebay plus whatever the PayPal fee is. You just need to be ok with not getting what you want for the items but still getting something. You also need to look at what the market is for the items you're selling and then price accordingly, if not lower, to actually get your stuff to sell. Golf is a losing money proposition for me. I'm a tinkerer. I don't buy clubs to make money or get back what I purchased them for. I know I will lose money going in but to me it's a hobby and not a business.

Oh yeah, and I don't do auctions. Everything is Buy It Now and sometimes I'll allow Best Offer but I always have a bottom line that gets denied for lowballers. Sometimes I'll offer free shipping and other times I won't. I don't think it affects the sale either way most of the time.

Last edited:
Back