Anyone else experience back pain?

Used to suffer quite a bit.
Since using the Theragun almost daily it is all but gone.

Knock on wood - I had frequent back pain. But I do use the theragun mini on a daily basis on back, legs and shoulders. I also stretch, do practice swings on the left and right sides to even things out, and get a massage with emphasis on back, shoulder's legs about once a month.

Yes to back pain. Besides stretching and posture, I work on core. My truth hurts joke is that if my back hurts, I need to do more situps. It takes more than that, of course, but reminds me of what I need to do. The body is a system that needs all of the parts working together.

Yes to back pain. Besides stretching and posture, I work on core. My truth hurts joke is that if my back hurts, I need to do more situps. It takes more than that, of course, but reminds me of what I need to do. The body is a system that needs all of the parts working together.

Try Supermans, too.

First, and foremost see a doctor for an evaluation. Find out if the problem can be fixed.

Without seeing you swinging a club, it's tough to come up with any good info.

I'm 68+ and have no back issues. (My knees are another story). This after a couple of military tours, and 35+ years of construction work. I've been fortunate.

I have a close relative who is a retired orthopaedic surgeon. She has seen a lot golfer's back issues in her time. Her long story short is that in addition to golfer's swinging faster than their body is in physical shape for, quite a few golfers don't "ride up" on their rear toe/foot properly, (timing) in conjunction with their torso turn in their down/forward swing.

I also know a guy with chronic back pain who still golfs, using only an arm swing. He doesn't turn his upper torso hardly at all in his swing.

First, and foremost see a doctor for an evaluation. Find out if the problem can be fixed.

Without seeing you swinging a club, it's tough to come up with any good info.

I'm 68+ and have no back issues. (My knees are another story). This after a couple of military tours, and 35+ years of construction work. I've been fortunate.

I have a close relative who is a retired orthopaedic surgeon. She has seen a lot golfer's back issues in her time. Her long story short is that in addition to golfer's swinging faster than their body is in physical shape for, quite a few golfers don't "ride up" on their rear toe/foot properly, (timing) in conjunction with their torso turn in their down/forward swing.

I also know a guy with chronic back pain who still golfs, using only an arm swing. He doesn't turn his upper torso hardly at all in his swing.

If you golf, you will have back pain occasionally from spasms. Don't know if a doc is needed unless you really have issues.

I go to a former Dallas Stars Hockey licensed therapist. He can actually do something for my back that docs cannot.

I stay in relatively good shape. I row and bike.The massage therapist gives me exercises to do. He tells me to swing on both sides. I use a Theragun in the morning and evening before exercise/golf to loosen things back up.

As you implied, the guys who have real trouble are the guys who think they can jump out of bed and golf. I know those guys. They can't play without getting sore backs or shoulders.

It's strange that my PT recently told me that golfing is fine, even though I started seeing her for lower back pain specifically. She said I need to be doing some sort of physical activity, and golf is good. Maybe she is wrong, maybe she isn't, but she said it was okay.

Jason Day has had those notorious lower back issues through the years. I wonder what his story is?

It's strange that my PT recently told me that golfing is fine, even though I started seeing her for lower back pain specifically. She said I need to be doing some sort of physical activity, and golf is good. Maybe she is wrong, maybe she isn't, but she said it was okay.

Jason Day has had those notorious lower back issues through the years. I wonder what his story is?

Golf can be a good physical activity or it can be the source of chronic physical pain and permanent injury.

The lumbar spine fused to the pelvic basin is the only solid link between the pelvic basin (lower body) and spinal column (upper body). Excessive torquing of the pelvic basin and upper body , called X factor is one source of injury.

Attempting to generate the power in the golf swing(impossible) from the lower body thinking that the power can be transmitted via the lumbar spine is another source of injury to lower back.

Inbalance between upper and lower body muscle strength and bulk can also be a source of injury.

Torquing the big toe of the left foot(right hand swinger) into the ground during impact will cause injury to the lower back. Johnny Miller and Jack Nicklaus demonstrated how to properly evert the left ankle at impact and follow through, to avoid stressing the pelvic basin and lower back.

I've had back pain for many years. I went to chiropractors and it helped for a while but ultimately, it wasn't the answer. I finally went to an orthopedic surgeon, had a MRI and finally surgery. The surgeon fused two vertebrae. most of my pain was caused by a cist that grew in my spinal canal until it completely filled the canal which pinched the nerves. I could have gone to a chiropractor every day and it wouldn't have helped. The surgery/fusion helped me a lot but I still have back pain from time to time because of other problems. Over all, I can play golf but am not supposed to swing overly hard anymore. Between this problem and general aging I've lost almost 100 yards on my drives. I'm down to around a 200 yard drive now and have adjusted to it. I still enjoy playing golf. The big thing is being out on the course in beautiful weather.

I've had back pain for many years. I went to chiropractors and it helped for a while but ultimately, it wasn't the answer. I finally went to an orthopedic surgeon, had a MRI and finally surgery. The surgeon fused two vertebrae. most of my pain was caused by a cist that grew in my spinal canal until it completely filled the canal which pinched the nerves. I could have gone to a chiropractor every day and it wouldn't have helped. The surgery/fusion helped me a lot but I still have back pain from time to time because of other problems. Over all, I can play golf but am not supposed to swing overly hard anymore. Between this problem and general aging I've lost almost 100 yards on my drives. I'm down to around a 200 yard drive now and have adjusted to it. I still enjoy playing golf. The big thing is being out on the course in beautiful weather.

Glad to hear you had proper treatment.
We all would be wise to remember, that one day we will hit our last golf shot. Most of us wont know when it is our last, so every golfer should smile after every shot.. as if its our last. One day it will be.

Just as we should smile IF we wake up tomorrow morning. .. knowing many hundreds of thousands died over night and many times that number will be mourning their loss. Being alive trumps every thing else.

I have had three back surgeries in my life. If you have back pain when you play golf, stop playing golf and find out what's wrong, especially if you have back pain when you're not playing golf. You could be exacerbating a critical low back condition, and golf is not worth that.

Denied Marine Corp Service in 2001. They told me my back was about to go. I told them they were nuts. They weren’t wrong.

Two surgeries later, I’m good I think. Until the next one but no indications it’s anywhere near needed.

Back