Anyone ever have an Achilles tendon Strain?

PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
myself
I tweaked mine 2 weeks ago and it was feeling much better till I had to run today.

Anyone ever deal with an Achilles tendon issue?

I had to cancel golf last week. :(

I tweaked mine 2 weeks ago and it was feeling much better till I had to run today.

I did it when I was a kid. It hurt to do anything. Walking hurt, running hurt. Basically any movement and I was in agony

Sent from HTX

had a weird case of gout one time that felt like this..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Your problem is that your not living the TB12 lifestyle . Hope you feel better soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ruptured mine 10 years ago (playing tennis, didn't even golf at the time). Mine had started deteriorating before snapping so might be worth making sure it's not about to go...

Never had an issue similar Billy but see doctor/physio to ensure you get correct diagnosis/rehab treatment. Want to take easy until rehab works which I fully understand now that we're at the halfway point of the golf season. Wishing you a speedy recovery Billy!

I did, and going DOWN stairs was the worst... it took about a week and a lot of Ibuprofen before it was tolerable, but it didn't feel right for close to a month. Luckily it was late fall, so I didnt miss any golf

Bunch of stuff it could be, so definitely get an orthopedist to check it out. That's one you don't want to tear all the way - it's pretty gross when it happens!

Mine has been ****ed most of my life. If I sprinted any sort of distance, I’d be pretty much unable to walk for days after. I deal with it by not sprinting anywhere LOL.

#FiberLaunch

What kind of symptoms are you having? What does "tweaked" mean? What did it feel like when you were running today?

What kind of symptoms are you having? What does "tweaked" mean? What did it feel like when you were running today?

It didn't bother me till i was done with my Sprint. Then It feels like my achilles is super tight and It hurts to put weight on my toes.

It's better today and I can walk almost normal. I am Playing golf tomorrow which I thought was doubtful 12 hours ago but now is very much in play.

I snapped mine 20 years ago. Not fun.

I didn't have any typical strain nor tendonitis symptoms prior but I did have a sensation of tightness.

No telling now if there may have been physical indicators prior that may have been revealed through tests. If that's an option, I'd be inclined to recommend it.

If not, heed the body's warning and REST.

Yes, several years ago I had a really bad case of Achilles tendinitis. The Orthopod put me in a walking boot and started talking more invasive treatment options. Nothing they did helped. I happened to take a Chiropractor appointment for my back. He asked and I told him about the Achilles. He advised that the traditional medicine path was exactly wrong - got me out of the boot, started a massage and alignment regimen and got me in fitted orthotics. I know it sounds a bit crazy but it solved all my Achilles problems.

It didn't bother me till i was done with my Sprint. Then It feels like my achilles is super tight and It hurts to put weight on my toes.

It's better today and I can walk almost normal. I am Playing golf tomorrow which I thought was doubtful 12 hours ago but now is very much in play.

Did you feel any popping or snapping after your sprint? Any swelling or bruising?

Sounds like a low grade strain. Ice the crap (20 minutes on and 1 hour off as often as possible) out of it and take 800mg Advil with meals three times a day for 3 to 4 days. If not resolved, seek medical advice in person.

Back