Anyone gaming a 2 Hybrid?

I used to game a 19 degree Titleist H1818. It was a rocket launcher but holy smokes it was a hook machine. Switched to my Heavenwood and haven't looked back.

Unfortunately I don't have the swingspeed for a 2 hybrid. I could see that club being a good fairway finder but not as good into the green. I guess I would generally only see the 2 hybrid as a tee shot or a second shot on a par 5 where holding greens aren't generally as important.

I played the Fly-Z+ 2/3H turned down to 16* in place of a 3W for a few months last year. I felt like I hit it better and the numbers supported that, with higher fairway% and improved distance overall.

A King Tec 2H would be fun to try.

What loft would you consider a 2 hybrid? I have a 18 degree hybrid that is an older Titleist model and it works well. It is not stamped as a "2" seems to fit what most describe as a 2. Play it off and on swapping out for a 5 wood depending on course and how I am playing. I am gaming mostly PXG and my next buy may be a hybrid with 18-20 degree loft as i get a Veteran discount and their hybrids seem to be well designed as well.

2 Hybrid Distance (Vs 3 Wood) - Golf Storage Ideas (golfstorageguide.com)

The 21’ Apex Pro 2 hybrid is 18° (fixed hosel). Sounds like your Titleist is a match.

Have been toying with some new top of the bag arrangements after grabbing the Mini last week. Currently have the Mini at 11.5* and then a 5w and 4hy. Have been thinking about a 2hy to fill the 3w gap possibly. Still not sure.

I’ll let you know how it performs, should have it in hand by end of next week.

One thing I forgot to mention is I always buy if new my hybrids an inch long as feel like they fit me better and psychologically feel get a little extra distance that way. However I find myself gaming more a strong 5w than my 18 degree hybrid as most courses I play tend to not get much roll and I carry the wood about 15 yards further.

I really love my 2021 Apex Pro 5 Hybrid and this past week and I picked up on eBay a really great deal on a used Apex Pro 2 Hybrid. I was looking for a 3 hybrid but this was too good to pass up and I have no problem getting the ball elevated either of the tee or fairway so I said what the heck.

I have a couple friends who have as well upgraded their bag to the Apex Pro Hybrids and like me they are enamoured with how they perform. Just the best hybrid we’ve ever played. I really think Callaway is not getting enough love for this head. To me and my buddies it just performs and is definitely anti-left.

Anyway I used to be able to hit a stinger back in the day and get a lot of rolling yards out of it I’m hoping that I can use this club both off the tee and as well as a stinger/running ball in the fairway especially on par fives.

Curious if anyone else is gaming a 2 hybrid and would like to hear your insight in how are you use it and your experience.
I share your love of the Apex Pro hybrid. I have been gaming the 3h for a few months and have contemplated adding a 4h...but I really do like the X Forged utility. I probably won't risk a purchase but I have definitely wondered if I could hit the 2h very well.

I have the 17* SuperHybrid turned down a degree, and I have the Apex Pro 2 hybrid. I love both of them. The Apex Pro is great as a hybrid. The SuperHybrid has become a driving hybrid for me

Tried one, but 4 wood works better for me.

I game a Mavrik Pro 2 Hybrid set at 18. I absolutely love it. My home course is short (6400) but super tight. I hit it on more holes than my driver. It usually gets me between 230-250 depending on the contact. It's perfect for those 350-360yd par 4s

Back