Anyone here have to carry 2 phones?

Mark_UK

Legal Alien
Reaction score
Handicap
NCGA 12.8
I now do thanks to this new job, and it’s already doing my head in!!!!! It sucks because the works phone is an Android, (which has confirmed I’ll never buy myself an Android phone) but mostly because my pockets are now taken up with phone! Any of you in the same boat managed to come up with a solution? I can obviously forward my work phone to my personal phone, but I may need to return calls with my work number showing. I also need to be able to read and respond to text messages (emails use outlook, so that’s fine). Anyone any ideas or solutions so I can ditch the work phone when I’m on call?

#FiberLaunch

Anyone here have to carry 2 phones?

I carried two at several different times. I couldn’t come up with any way to make it better - good luck and I hope you come up with something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently carry 2, Android personal and iPhone for work. Both are fairly thin so it does not bother me to carry both.

One option, would be to ask if you can use your personal as your work phone. They may even pay for your phone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

And a side bonus, is allowing the kids to use work phone for YouTube to save on data.. :)

I have two and it’s not that much of an issue. Usually have it in my backpack and while at home it’s on the counter with the ringer on so I hear texts, messages or calls.

So I’ll get used to it is what you’re all saying

#FiberLaunch

So I’ll get used to it is what you’re all saying

#FiberLaunch

I never have both in my pockets at the same time. Usually in my bag, on the desk or in the center console driving.

And yes after a while you’ll get used to it. Lol

Yes and i hated it. Hoping i can avoid it with the next gig

I never had to, but many of my customers used to. They had one phone in chinese and one in English.

I don't know of a way to avoid it if you absolutely have to use the work phone for work (I use my own phone and get a monthly stipend from the company). Could you use your work phone as a personal phone? Good luck, but if that is the worst part of the new gig you can always get a belt holster for one of the phones (or both!).

Good luck!

I never had a problem, but then I'm a woman and carried a purse. :bananadance:

I never had to, but many of my customers used to. They had one phone in chinese and one in English.

I don't know of a way to avoid it if you absolutely have to use the work phone for work (I use my own phone and get a monthly stipend from the company). Could you use your work phone as a personal phone? Good luck, but if that is the worst part of the new gig you can always get a belt holster for one of the phones (or both!).

Good luck!

My old job used to give me a monthly check to use my own phone. That would be great, but my work phone number is already in use, it would be a total ball ache to have to give everyone a new number. I’d happily pay the monthly bill to have the work phone as my personal phone too, but I don’t think they allow it. As for the belt holster thing, NEVER LOL. It’s an inconvenience, I was hoping someone would have an answer, but I’ll just have to get used to it, no big deal (hopefully LOL).

#FiberLaunch

I carry 2 ... But only when i need to.

My company has high data security so I basically have to. (My work phone has to be locked down)

My best solution previously was to go dual Sim.
There are heaps of dual Sim options, it's the best ... Solves most of the problems.

Having said that there are benefits to having 2 phones.
1) you get to keep your personal number forever
2) when you are not on call (on vacation) you can put the work phone away and forget about it.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

My old job used to give me a monthly check to use my own phone. That would be great, but my work phone number is already in use, it would be a total ball ache to have to give everyone a new number. I’d happily pay the monthly bill to have the work phone as my personal phone too, but I don’t think they allow it. As for the belt holster thing, NEVER LOL. It’s an inconvenience, I was hoping someone would have an answer, but I’ll just have to get used to it, no big deal (hopefully LOL).

#FiberLaunch
Cargo shorts/pants. You always have extra pockets to fill.

I carried two for years, I kept them in the same pocket but was careful to always put them face to face so the camera on one didn't scratch the screen on the other.

Whiskey

There aren't a ton of great options but you could go with a dual-SIM phone that way you can have one phone for both.

I carry 2 and I hate it. Luckily I only have to Monday-Friday 8-5 and that it.

I carried two when I worked for the government. Could not use the work phone for personal calls.

Had 2 and hated it. Cancelled my personal number of 15 years and use work phone for everything. It's been 5 years and I haven't looked back, or missed having a phone bill

I carry my personal Android, and an IPhone while I am at work..... and hate it.

I do not hate it nearly as much as when I was carrying a Blackberry, my personal phone, a work phone, and a pager. That month at that job was terrible LOL.

I have my personal phone & work phone. My phone rides in the passenger seat all the time or on my desk when I’m in the office.

I carry two everyday, one has to be on 24/7/365. On military drill weekends, I get the pleasure of carrying three phones. I agree with the Andriod comments, I would never own on if it wasn't for work.

I carry two, an iphone for work and an android for personal. It doesn't bother me too much, but I've been doing it a while.

If you are an android and Samsung fan, then herring the international dual sim version is easy answer (model ending in FD). be careful of what band your carrier uses though for full connectivity

Yeah, I have to carry a work phone as well as my personal. Both are Androids. I usually wear the 5.11 style pants at work so I don't even notice having two phones most of the day. If I am wearing slacks then the work phone stays on my desk most of the day.

Have to? No......although I probably should. One business on personal but my company doesn’t care a bit so I choose not to have a cell phone bill

Back