Raspberry cream sounds spectacular, I’m going to go get a snack of some sort right now!

Sure, thanks! Pretty darn good is infinitely better than where I got to. What sorts of brews were your preferred recipes?
I was all over the place at the time. I got really into it. I generally prefer west coast style IPAs (think floral, bright), complex ambers and some good lawn mower beers with a low ABV. I even made a session IPA that was awesome. I also made a great coffee stout.

I do an occasional batch outside at a buddies house.

For a while my dad and I were going to a local place that you get to do the process without the clean ups haha.

I was all over the place at the time. I got really into it. I generally prefer west coast style IPAs (think floral, bright), complex ambers and some good lawn mower beers with a low ABV. I even made a session IPA that was awesome. I also made a great coffee stout.
I think you’ve seen my fridge.

I had no idea this was a thread. Awesome. I was pretty into home brewing before I got into golfing. I still have all the equipment, including keging. At the peak of it I had 6 beers on tap and about 30 gallons at any given time. I’ll probably pick it up again, but with only two beers on rotation. I got pretty good at it, with a couple signature recipients that were pretty darn good. Stoped doing it when the local brew shop shut down and in Florida it’s a pain to get liquid yeast shipped and still be viable without a starter.

Best of luck with your brew tomorrow, a raspberry cream ale sounds awesome.
Thanks, I do all-grain but stopped short of kegging. I'm thinking about getting into that if I can get all the supplies and a decent kegerator. Bottle conditioning with corn sugar has been a bit of a crap shoot in the last couple of batches I did. Maybe this batch might be my last bottled one.

I always really enjoyed the process of it but I fell out of it when I was dealing with a lot of pain before my RA diagnosis. Once I got the pain and stiffness under control with medication I just never really got back into it but the time at home has spurred me to get back into it again since I still have all the equipment.

Here is my garage kegerator. I have about $300 in it?
BD6B1088-7BEF-4405-80F8-67CF521FE64B.jpeg1D367CDB-8AF9-41FC-8819-946DAD95D2E7.jpeg

I made it.

BBFF5BF1-AECE-494B-8E90-D707C19F7C61.jpeg
Just got this bad boy up and running. I know absolutely nothing about brewing but I know a lot about beer. This was my friend’s old set up so he’s going to show me how to work it when we get a batch brewing soon. Can’t wait to get into this hobby!!

Nice! How do you control temperature?
An external temperature controller that plugs into the wall, then into the freezer and has a probe that lays inside. All very easy.

An external temperature controller that plugs into the wall, then into the freezer and has a probe that lays inside. All very easy.
Sounds simple enough. How’s condensation?

Sounds simple enough. How’s condensation?
I have never had a significant issue, but when it gets annoying I throw in some damp rid or a box of kitty litter. Sometime I will wipe down walls but otherwise it’s no issue. I think I have insulated the collar since that picture. I also live in Florida for whatever that is worth.

I have never had a significant issue, but when it gets annoying I throw in some damp rid or a box of kitty litter. Sometime I will wipe down walls but otherwise it’s no issue. I think I have insulated the collar since that picture. I also live in Florida for whatever that is worth.
Yes, I suspect that your ambient humidity is MUCH higher than up here. Nice to know that there isn’t significant leakage through the wood!

Yes, I suspect that your ambient humidity is MUCH higher than up here. Nice to know that there isn’t significant leakage through the wood!
There was none at all. The condensation, when present, was only inside.

Tonight some of you guys may appreciate the custom grain mill Setup I built.

DFB8F47F-A378-4FAE-9012-0DE421E9FED6.jpeg

Maybe some day I'll get to the point of milling my own grain. I normally have the homebrew shops mill it for me for convenience. I just ordered an all grain recipe online for a Pliny the Elder clone that will be my next one since most of the local places are shut down or extremely limited. I should have it early next week based on the target for shipping. That will give me enough time to get a yeast starter going for that one.

I follow the same advice on home brewing as I did when I told my dad I was buying a boat. He said:

The one thing vastly superior to owning a boat (or home brewing) is having a friend that owns a boat (or home brews).

My best friend home brews and I like drinking his beer :)

I follow the same advice on home brewing as I did when I told my dad I was buying a boat. He said:

The one thing vastly superior to owning a boat (or home brewing) is having a friend that owns a boat (or home brews).

My best friend home brews and I like drinking his beer :)
I find I have a couple of hobbies that my friends really get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Brewing beer and smoking meat.

I find I have a couple of hobbies that my friends really get to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Brewing beer and smoking meat.
If you ever bored, look up my buddy on Instagram bsquared_brewing_bbq

we both smoke the meats, but he is a lone wolf in the brewing dept.

I did quite a few batches of extract beers a few years ago. I still have all the equipment and really need to get back into it.

There's nothing like brewing your own beer.

I daydream of having a HERMS setup one day. It's a far cry from the old stew pot on the stove days.

Maybe some day I'll get to the point of milling my own grain. I normally have the homebrew shops mill it for me for convenience. I just ordered an all grain recipe online for a Pliny the Elder clone that will be my next one since most of the local places are shut down or extremely limited. I should have it early next week based on the target for shipping. That will give me enough time to get a yeast starter going for that one.
Keep us updated!

View attachment 8941102IMG_0581.jpeg

Raspberry Cream Ale is done and ready to drink. Cracked open the first bottle tonight. Turned out pretty smooth and I'm quite happy. Will be a nice warm weather drinker for sure. it should have come out to approximately a bit more than 7% but it doesn't taste like it at all.

Back