anyone in this forum play acoustic guitar?

golfguy2021

Reaction score
If you do play acoustic guitar, do you prefer Brazilian Rosewood or East Indian Rosewood for your acoustic guitar? I play my Taylor 814ce Brazilian rosewood acoustic guitar between work hours for stress relief.

I own one and stroke it. I have tried multiple times to learn to play and I just suck.

I have a Fender Acoustic/Elec.....

Last edited:
I have one. I'm not great, but I can play some simple songs as my son loves it. Mostly just songs that have anywhere from like 3-6 chords. Some country, REM, Tom Petty. Same thing as you, I kind of just play for a little bit of stress relief and relaxation.

Is this another thread, whereby you get to flex on everyone how rich you are?

Do you play this while you contemplate taking a $150k pay cut, but you're so rich you don't care?

Do you actually read the things you type out dude?

I prefer an acoustic guitar with new strings. Those sound the best to me.

I have an Ibanez cutaway I play daily. Also have an old POS that I have strung for Nashville tuning. I always use that one when recording to add dimension to choruses or bridges.

I have a Seagull Artist Cutaway with cedar top and rosewood back and sides but I don’t know (or care) where the rosewood is from. Great guitar BTW.

I have a Seagull Artist Cutaway with cedar top and rosewood back and sides but I don’t know (or care) where the rosewood is from. Great guitar BTW.

I also have a Seagull S6 acoustic guitar. It sound ok but nowhere near the Taylor. The sound from the Brazilian rosewood is so amazing in comparison to the Seagull S6. I get so much stress from work that I need to play guitar a few times during work hours to get my mind away from work.

The Artist is a higher-end offering from Seagull compared to the S6. Plays and sounds much better. I have a Seagull S12 (12 string) that's pretty nice as well.

I own one and stroke it. I have tried multiple times to learn to play and I just suck.

I too am in this category. Once in a while when I was sick and using a ton of pot, I could jamb. I even recorded it because I couldn’t believe it either, 😂.

My kid is good. I don’t get how he got there? 🤷‍♂️

The Artist is a higher-end offering from Seagull compared to the S6. Plays and sounds much better. I have a Seagull S12 (12 string) that's pretty nice as well.

Is the Artist made with Indian Rosewood or Mahogany?

I play acoustic. To be honest - started playing in college to pick up chicks… didn’t work :ROFLMAO:….

Have one at home and one at school. Great connector with the kids and stress reliever at home. While a Taylor would be nice to own - decided to go in a more conservative direction. Happy with what I have at the moment and continue to learn more and more each day.

Is the Artist made with Indian Rosewood or Mahogany?
It’s rosewood but don’t know where from. All I know is that as a hand made instrument, it’s only as good as the person making it. And my Artist is as good as any guitar I’ve ever played, including Martins and Taylors. Awesome instrument.

I strum and pluck away at one every so often. I bought it after playing bass for years so it’s been a nice challenge.

I have a Cort. Not too fancy, but it sounds really nice to my ear.

I have a couple, my first real guitar a Samick acoustic, cheap but sounds fantastic, an Alvarez, 6 string, an Alvarez 12 string and my favorite, my Hascal Haile inspired build personally designed and built by me.
But more than anything in a collector, I can play a little bit, but mostly a few chords and songs here and there. My friends play them more than I do 😆

FB_IMG_1638338029296.jpgFB_IMG_1638338012176.jpgFB_IMG_1638338012176.jpgFB_IMG_1638338022804.jpg

I have a couple, my first real guitar a Samick acoustic, cheap but sounds fantastic, an Alvarez, 6 string, an Alvarez 12 string and my favorite, my Hascal Haile inspired build personally designed and built by me.
But more than anything in a collector, I can play a little bit, but mostly a few chords and songs here and there. My friends play them more than I do 😆

View attachment 9048891View attachment 9048893View attachment 9048894View attachment 9048892
A luthier! Nice!!

A luthier! Nice!!
Hah, that's what I wanted to be in high school. That's actually a class project I took in college, it was a pretty awesome class!

View attachment 9048891View attachment 9048893View attachment 9048894View attachment 9048892

Is that East Indian Rosewood on the side and back of the guitar?

I have a Cordoba C5-CE acoustic guitar. However, 5 years ago, I made the transition to playing bass and I LOVE IT!

This is my bass - a Fenders T-Bucket bass sitting along side my beautiful 18-year old cat
fenders t-b bass.jpg

Dude, what's this thing with the origin of the rosewood? :ROFLMAO:

Unless you play acoustic guitar, you wouldn't know the difference between Brazilian and East Indian Rosewood.

I believe so!

That's what I thought. Brazilian Rosewood is darker without any grain pattern. EIR is also beautiful regardless.

Back