Anyone NOT Getting Any New Equipment This Season?

The opposite for me. I have a bunch on order: new irons, a new utility, a new 3 wood, and certainly a new driver. I haven't figured out which driver to buy, but the RadSpeed and the Mizuno ST-Z are on the shortlist. Putters are an every year thing for me as I'm a collector, some collect stamps, I collect putters and skis.:cool:

I love center shafted putters, so next up is this one.

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 11.47.33 AM.png

I'm super excited about all the new gear and deserve it, considering the age of the clubs in my bag.

Driver -2017
Irons - 2016
3w - 2014
Utility -2007

Last edited:

went a little crazy after Christmas but realize I need to spend more money playing than buying new equipment... but if I won some, that’d be cool

Too late. But I hope I’m done other than balls and tees and gloves and shoes and pants and shirts.

wasn't planning on it (seriously) but then these showed up today with 5 of their friends...I've got zero business having these in the bag but I've lusted after them for long enough.

View attachment 8995383

View attachment 8995384
I bought some 718 CB's last year. I love them. They are a set I will never get rid of because I wanted them since they were released and I thought they were so stinking beautiful. Enjoy those!

So far so good!

New irons are on the docket, but I have also been saying that for 5 years now.

So far so good!

New irons are on the docket, but I have also been saying that for 5 years now.

You obviously haven't seen and hit the ZX7/5's otherwise a Srixon guy like you would have them on order. That's what happened to me once I laid eyes on them. :)

In response to the OP...

You obviously haven't hit the ZX7/5's otherwise a Srixon guy like you would have them on order. That's what happened to me once I laid eyes on them. :)

Believe me! Those are at the top of the list!

I’ll finish replacing all of my old gear this year, but next year I probably won’t buy much of anything besides consumables. At most, I could see myself swapping something in the top or bottom end if my bag composition feels like it needs some work from playing this year. I’ll play my clubs and bag for at least 3 years before I think about replacing any club with a like-club though.

C925D91D-8E40-48D5-862F-1F2B16B244EB.gif

I last bought new sticks 2 years ago, and I told myself I was going to hold off buying anything new this year.

Then I saw the Ben Hogan Players Combo and got a bit insane in the brain as they may be a bit beyond my capabilities. They're beautiful sticks that I hope I can hit. Told myself I wasn't buying anything else.

Then I thought maybe I needed Hogan wedges to got with the Players Combo, so I bought a used one from Global Golf to test it out. Though I love the wedge, I told myself "that's it ... nothing more."

Then I kept reading the reviews about the Ping G425 Max driver and remembered how much I wanted a G400 Max a few years ago. So I did some trading of old equipment with my club pro and I now have the G425 Max in my bag.

That's it. That's all I'm buying this year.

Wait .... I was thinking about a new bag ..............

I said I wasn’t but here I am getting fitted for irons last weekend and now a hybrid this weekend. In all fairness I’ve decided to not get the irons but I will probably pull the trigger in the hybrid

I do not qualify.

At the rate stuff is shipping so far this year...maybe not until next year.

No charges here...love my Pings!!

Almost out of my stash of B330RX though...so I’m forced into doing something there.

Planning on irons and a driver this year so..

When I was learning to program a computer in 1996, I built and released a Windows 95 freeware app to keep ISPs from disconnecting an inactive dial-up connection. It became pretty popular with several hundred thousand downloads. The app minimized itself on startup to the system tray, which was new in 95.

One day I got a support email from someone who couldn’t find the app because he was trying to run it on Win 3.11. When I informed his it was only Win 95 compatible, he called me a Win 95 elitist.

I don't really need anything. Might play with another driver for fun, but other than that I am set up fine. The OLs catch my eye, but no one around here has any I can play with.

I think this year will be spent addressing the swing and playing as much as possible. If it turns out that clubs are what are holding me back after that, I will consider a change, but I’m pretty fond of my current set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back