Anyone NOT Getting Any New Equipment This Season?

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I know most of us like shiny new things, and this is a golf forum so most of the folks on this forum are avid golfers, but I was wondering if any of you were not planning any equipment purchases this season? I used to buy and sell a lot, but not so much anymore.

I am happy with what I have, and am more swing focused than equipment focused. My last purchase was a putter in January of 2020. A club would have to have a real WOW! factor for me to make any changes.

Not buying new clubs? I didn't even know that was possible!

On a serious note, I replaced my irons, but don't plan on changing anything else at this point.

I haven’t decided yet. I will likely add some peripherals but nothing core. I think my irons and driver will stay for the season. I am going to replace my 58* wedge and may add a 7 wood as an option with my 4 utility.

It's too late for me. Just a couple days ago I bought a 4h :ROFLMAO:

But, other than training equipment (SuperSpeed, PlaneMate), I don't have any plans set in stone. If the 4h works for me I may acquire a 5h. (Least likely, though, as I hit my 5i pretty nicely.) If my new 5w and 7w work well for me I may acquire a 3w. (Somewhat more likely than the 5h.) If the off-season work I'm doing is effective and I find myself playing more I may upgrade my irons, but, since I hit my current irons well, the probability of that is undetermined.

Get out of here with that crazy talk.

Next year will be a no equipment year.....mark my words. :p
I have a customer at work who every fall when we pull his sailboat says" I think I'm all set, don't need to spend any money on the boat this year!", pulled up his bills from the last 10 years and his average is $9650.00 per year!
Yep, I don't need anything this year either. ;)🤣

I still pondering even more changes. :p

Bahahaha every year I say this. No way I last through March....

I'm wasn't sure it was possible or even legal to golf and not tweak what's in the bag. Is it? :unsure::unsure:

I plan on getting new equipment. My wife also wants to buy a house. Those two are competing interests. I am basically racing to get the correct clubs before we buy. If we buy first this very well could be a no equipment year.

I really want to answer no, but I'm going to be hitting the B21 Driver in the next couple of weeks. If this performs for me as advertised, then I will be getting a new driver.

But I already bought some!?

Not buy new equipment??

say what.gif

Back