Anyone NOT Getting Any New Equipment This Season?

I don't plan to unless I get selected for a THP Event!

Not buy new gear? haha. I have a set of new irons coming and have already started thinking if I want to add a 2nd setup. And that's just irons. It will get worse from there. :alien:

I feel your pain. This is the year of the iron for me. I will have it figured out before the season though. I don’t see me changing drivers and if I do it’ll just be to one I have. I am putting in less than rebar in it to accommodate new swing.

I feel your pain. This is the year of the iron for me. I will have it figured out before the season though. I don’t see me changing drivers and if I do it’ll just be to one I have. I am putting in less than rebar in it to accommodate new swing.

Iron releases this year really are fantastic!

I’ve already got more new clubs in the bag than old clubs. It’s an issue but I like me.

Fingers crossed on a bag full.

Last edited:
define "season"

Well looking at my TourB Carry Bag (strong legs thank god) it has about we’ll call it 25 clubs in it right now. Testers from a couple different lines and two complete sets of irons, full complement of wedges, only 1 driver, a 3w+, a putter, and 3 hybrids (depending on which irons I play, I’ll have to figure out the gapping).

I just got on the scale with it. With all the assorted crap in it it weighs 48#’s 😂

I don’t think I’d like to carry that up an uphill par 5.

I have a full bag of new clubs that I've never hit, so I'll still buy more clubs.

Wish i could say I'm NOT, but probably going to go for a new driver (pondering the G425 Max) and/or a new putter (Scotty Fastback 1.5 or Squareback 2.0)
May end up with one or the other..... If I'm feeling generous with myself, maybe both.
Everything in between, I'm VERY happy with.

Would love to luck in to that mizuno experience. Great golf with great people and gear.

I am pondering the new Titleist TSi4 driver but will likely wait until I see it in a store and, or, hear some opinions from players who swing one. Its 425CC or 430 CC head size has me intrigued and I hope more companies begin offering drivers of 430CC or less head size.

I had no plans to get new clubs this year. Then the Apex Pros happened

I haven't played golf since November. I have 11 new clubs.

Me too! And it would have been 13 until my fitter told me to be patient to gap the hybrid and fairway wood once I have my groove down with the new irons... :cry:

Maybe I won't listen to him ;)

I am pretty set for the year. There are only 2 things that I could see making its way into my bag. A New Odyssey 10 and 60*. I love mine now but if the spin starts going away, I will get a new one.

Everything in my bag is currently working as it should, so I don’t anticipate any changes. This’ll be the third year in the bag for both my irons and putter.

I find this very amusing, the last club I bought was....
Driver: titleist 905R proforce v2 stiff (2005?)
Wood: TM r7 TP 17.5* vista pro stiff (2008?)
Irons: callaway x forged project x 6.0 4-pw (2007-8?)
Wedges: mizuno t11 kbs tour V 52&58* (2012)
Putter: cleveland HB #2 (2016?)
Ball: I don’t remeber ever buying balls. I’ll play with whatever ball I find in the woods

Why spend money on stuff you don’t need? Spend it on green fees / club memberships instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ball: I don’t remeber ever buying balls. I’ll play with whatever ball I find in the woods

Why spend money on stuff you don’t need? Spend it on green fees / club memberships instead.

The irons, sure. Relevant if you are gapped well.

You are leaving distance on the table with driver for sure. Have you hit anything new in the last 5 years?

I don’t know your swing but if you swing hard and haven’t hit a 430cc R15 or M1 you are doing yourself a disservice-and those are about 5 years out.

You are leaving distance on the table with driver for sure. Have you hit anything new in the last 5 years?

I haven’t, but 2-3 weeks ago I was hitting on the driving range next to someone who has quite good. We were both hitting to the 165 flag and he had a few very close ones. You could tell he was a good player, he had a very repeatable swing. He had some old ping irons I could not tell exactly but they looked s59 or s58s. This guy had a brand new TM driver (could it be a sim or sim2?) it still had the plastic on, he unwrapped it in front of me. Then he started to hit it all over the place, low hooks, high slices he even sky’d a couple. All that time I was hitting straight bombs! I’m sure it’s not an optimal fit as you mention but it makes up for it with predictability.

Perhaps me. I am due to replace my PW primarily due to groove wear. But I don't use it much. I've also got a 4-Hybrid that is over 10 years old. But it's functionally just fine. Outside of that everything is optimized and working great.

I don't plan to, but that may change depending on any summer 2021 putter launches.

Golf clubs are like cars, logic doesn't enter the decision making process. If no emotion were involved we'd all be driving a 10 year old Camry or Odyssey mini-van and playing Ping Eye 2's. Just shoot me in the head if that was my world. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ha, I tell myself every year that I’m not replacing anything over winter and by the time January rolls around I have already replaced 75% of my bag. I can’t even golf until the end of April so buying stuff gets me through the long winters up North

I’ll most likely pick up some used clubs. No plans to buy new though. Possibly another pair of shoes....we will see

Back