Anyone NOT Getting Any New Equipment This Season?

I may not be getting any new equipment this year. I just spent a ton on my golf simulator build by upgrading to a GC2 instead of a Skytrak.

I know most of us like shiny new things, and this is a golf forum so most of the folks on this forum are avid golfers, but I was wondering if any of you were not planning any equipment purchases this season? I used to buy and sell a lot, but not so much anymore.

I am happy with what I have, and am more swing focused than equipment focused. My last purchase was a putter in January of 2020. A club would have to have a real WOW! factor for me to make any changes.
Yeah me. I’ve come to the conclusion that no shiny new stuff is gonna change my games. This after much and many attempts.

After my last post I felt just like this. I damn well know I am getting a new driver and maybe a couple hybrids. Who am I kidding?

@Sean got jokes.
I bought a 7W and so far that is it club wise.

Already bought a 3 wood.

I say this to myself every year, then by noon on January 1st I’m dreaming of multiple new clubs to potentially put in the bag this year.

I know most of us like shiny new things, and this is a golf forum so most of the folks on this forum are avid golfers, but I was wondering if any of you were not planning any equipment purchases this season? I used to buy and sell a lot, but not so much anymore.

I am happy with what I have, and am more swing focused than equipment focused. My last purchase was a putter in January of 2020. A club would have to have a real WOW! factor for me to make any changes.
Im not. I like the clubs that I have and have absolutely no plans to buy anything.

I actually have everything I need for now. I just got some bonus bucks and literally didn’t find one “must have” club. But then, most of mine are relatively new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I just got fit for a new driver, so not me either

So the big question is what do you consider new? I dis buy a brand new driver this year but everything else will be used. So, no?

edit: I was typing this while sending a PM for a set of used wedges cause ‘Murica!

Golf clubs are like cars, logic doesn't enter the decision making process. If no emotion were involved we'd all be driving a 10 year old Camry or Accord mini-van and playing Ping Eye 2's. Just shoot me in the head if that was my world. :ROFLMAO:
I get what you are saying, but I had to laugh because yeah I'm the guy with the 10 year old Camry. My M.O. when it comes to vehicles is buy them when they are 4-5 years old and drive them for 10-15 years, then repeat. I had a '90 Toyota Camry until 2004. Then bought a 2000 Acura 3.2TL that I had until last year. Now have a 2014 Lexus RX350 and wife has a 2004 Toyota Tacoma. Probably also why I'm on the list of folks who may not change anything in their bag this year.

Got a new driver nothing else will change

I don’t have any club purchases planned at this point, I’m happy with my bag top to bottom - but that’s all subject to change at any moment!

Heck no! Already snagged a new putter & headed to get fit for the new SIM2 in a couple weeks. Up next are irons.

As of now I won’t be switching but we still have a lot of 2021 left.

I am pondering the new Titleist TSi4 driver but will likely wait until I see it in a store and, or, hear some opinions from players who swing one. Its 425CC or 430 CC head size has me intrigued and I hope more companies begin offering drivers of 430CC or less head size.

They did like 5 years ago. They sold them all to me and only me so they went back to 460cc on most everything.

You missed the boat bro.

I told myself repeatedly that I was not buying any new clubs..... I'm 3 short of fully replacing my previous set up.... I may hold out.... a few hours or days more :oops:

I told myself repeatedly that I was not buying any new clubs..... I'm 3 short of fully replacing my previous set up.... I may hold out.... a few hours or days more :oops:

Yeah. I got a 1099 from EBay in 2018 and 2019.

2020 is in the mail?

No.

I’m a Poor divorcee that used offshore groups to cobble together his meager pile of clubs for 2021.

Anyone need a set of irons. I have to reverse amortize them and all kinds of stuff I’ll need books for. Which saves me $1200 from what my attorney costs me 3 hours of time to look into.

Duh. I’ll read and retain ORC’s.

I don’t need to pay someone to look out for me. I’ve done so very well and will continue if needed.

Back